Jay Glazer mock

Beerball

interesting. certainly within the realm of possibility. People of late have been saying Loadholt is going to get picked in the first round (or very high second). I think he's comparable to Britton, but maybe a little ess suited to LT.

I would not hate this draft.

I really don't see the appeal of drafting Cushing at 11. He's not going to have the benefit of playing in a linebacking corps so superior to the opposition at the pro level. That's not to say that he won't be a good player, but its going to be a big transition for him when the opposing team can actually afford to form their gameplan specifically around targeting him. That's hard to do for a team playing USC, when they have three potential 1st round picks at LB, plus a ton of talent everywhere else, too. And then there are the injury questions.

Loadholt? Its a bit high for him, but he fits what the Bills seem to like at the position, which is a guy who can be a roadgrader in the running game. Its a decent pick.

I really don't see the appeal of drafting Cushing at 11. He's not going to have the benefit of playing in a linebacking corps so superior to the opposition at the pro level. That's not to say that he won't be a good player, but its going to be a big transition for him when the opposing team can actually afford to form their gameplan specifically around targeting him. That's hard to do for a team playing USC, when they have three potential 1st round picks at LB, plus a ton of talent everywhere else, too. And then there are the injury questions.

Loadholt? Its a bit high for him, but he fits what the Bills seem to like at the position, which is a guy who can be a roadgrader in the running game. Its a decent pick.

I like Cushing only if Orakpo, Ayers, and Curry are off the board he seems like the next best fit. I would rather both first picks go to the front seven, but if they went Loadholt at 28 I wouldnt hate it, not as a left tackle but right tackle or gaurd(albeit a very large gaurd.)

I would classify that as a ho-hum draft. In other words, I wouldn't be upset because both picks are certainly reasonable and fill needs. However, I wouldn't be jumping for joy either. of course, I was excited when the Bills drafted Hardy last year. (Verdict is till out, I know...)

A lot of people seem down on Cushing - I think he is at least as good at Poz with some upside ot blitz the QB. I think he would be at least a guaranteed starter for us...

Don't get me wrong, they could do worse than Cushing. I just don't know that he's so much better a prospect than the guys likely available at 28 or even 42 that you have to draft him at 11.

Cushing is not like Poz. He is bigger and a better athlete. He played a lot of DE at USC as well as linebacker. Poz is, and always has been, purely a linebacker.

Laurinaitis is a lot more like Poz, and he will probably slip into the 2nd round.

Cushing is not like Poz. He is bigger and a better athlete. He played a lot of DE at USC as well as linebacker. Poz is, and always has been, purely a linebacker.

Laurinaitis is a lot more like Poz, and he will probably slip into the 2nd round.

I know...I just don't understand why people do not like him. You get upside as he can blitz from the LB or play with his hand down on 3rd downs - he is bigger and more imposing. We could do far worse than him at 11.... My point - if he turns out as good as Poz, we would still be a better team for taking him....

I know...I just don't understand why people do not like him. You get upside as he can blitz from the LB or play with his hand down on 3rd downs - he is bigger and more imposing. We could do far worse than him at 11.... My point - if he turns out as good as Poz, we would still be a better team for taking him....

Rumors about him seem to be steroid related probaly hurt him have been out there for years.