Patriots trying to move into the top 10

The Patriots are trying to move into the Top-10 of the draft, according to SI's Peter King.

The Pats are believed to have offered their first-round pick and the middle of their three second-round picks for the Jags No. 8 overall pick, but Jacksonville turned it down. King does not believe the Pats are after Tyson Jackson despite his obvious fit as a 3-4 defensive end. The Pats' target is said to be a "surprise." Apr. 24 - 12:29 pm et

Source: SI.com

Who would they be targeting?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots are trying to move into the Top-10 of the draft, according to SI's Peter King.

The Pats are believed to have offered their first-round pick and the middle of their three second-round picks for the Jags No. 8 overall pick, but Jacksonville turned it down. King does not believe the Pats are after Tyson Jackson despite his obvious fit as a 3-4 defensive end. The Pats' target is said to be a "surprise." Apr. 24 - 12:29 pm et

Who knows but knowing the Pats they will find a partner and get a hell of a player who will help pummel the Bills on a yearly basis....god i hate them!

Curry, or one of the Smiths

They will target the guy the Bills should draft: TYSON JACKSON.

No way the Pats* have to give up that to move up to the top 10. Complete crap story.

We all full well know that all Kraft as to do is ask Goodell and he'll be granted a supplemental 3a draft slot and be allowed to retain all their current picks because the Pats* had to deal with the devastating loss of Cassel.

Curry, or one of the Smiths

I tend to agree. I would have thought Tyson Jackson because the contracts of Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, and Jarvis Green all expire after this season. But the report states otherwise. Their offensive line play has gone down in the last two years. In the Super Bowl against the Giants they gave up five sacks and Brady was repeatedly hit.

They're also worried about the fact that the contracts of three starters, Logan Mankins, Stephen Neal, and Nick Kaczur expire after this season.

There was a lot of talk that New England needed to get more speed and athleticism in the back end of their defense. But I can't see them taking a defensive back or linebacker if they trade into the top ten. I think they must be targeting offensive line. Curry maybe.

Who knows but knowing the Pats they will find a partner and get a hell of a player who will help pummel the Bills on a yearly basis....god i hate them!

Actually their drafting at the top in the last few years have been mostly misses.

This is a false report. They could be talking to various teams that they may be interested, but there has been no actual trade purposed. I know this because no team, especially the Patsies, would be dumb enough to trade up into the top 10 without knowing what players will still be availible. This trade will not get any thought untill the Jags, or any team for that matter, are on the clock.

This is a false report. They could be talking to various teams that they may be interested, but there has been no actual trade purposed. I know this because no team, especially the Patsies, would be dumb enough to trade up into the top 10 without knowing what players will still be availible. This trade will not get any thought untill the Jags, or any team for that matter, are on the clock.

Of all the speculation, this seems most prudent.