Tony Gonzalez traded to Atlanta

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it may just mean that Pettigrew goes to Philly at 21. I hope that if he's the guy they're targeting, they trade down several spots, if they can.

I think it is definitely 50/50 between Pettigrew and Wells/Moreno at 21 for Philadelphia. Even though TE is a more pressing need, they may have a shot at getting the top RB in the draft. It's a tough call. It should be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

Yep, it's more encouraging for Pettigrew to still be available @28. Since TG didn't want to play in the Buff ( :huh: ) screw him. Not likely KC tries to replace him with their first pick.

We could have traded for Gonzo, told him he was going to Miami, then knock him out and bring him to Buffalo. Bwah-hah-hah-ha!

PTR

I strongly feel the Dirty Birds overpaid for him, anyway. A second round pick, even being a 2010, for a guy who probably only has two seasons left in him is not good business. Atlanta must feel they can win it all right now with Gonzo.

Very, very interesting. Falling to #28 is a definite possibility now. Will Philly take him at #21? That would be a kick in the nuts.

They overpaid for Gonzo, by the way, unless he decides to play until he's 37.

IMO, Philly needs a wide receiver in the worst way. I can see Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt going to Philly instead.

Good trade for both teams. Playoff caliber Falcons get a TE, rebuilding Chiefs get a solid pick for Gonzo. Pioli will be smart and stockpile picks; they are likely to trade down to one of the teams desparate for a QB.

I strongly feel the Dirty Birds overpaid for him, anyway. A second round pick, even being a 2010, for a guy who probably only has two seasons left in him is not good business. Atlanta must feel they can win it all right now with Gonzo.

True, but he is the most consistent old timer I have seen in a while, despite playing on dogpile teams the past couple of years. I hope Don Banks is right and Philly goes RB as he predicts, Pettigrew getting nabbed by Philly would make us look like stooges.