1st Post-Kirk Chambers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

See the edit in my post above..

Apparently the official signing was after FA started, but the contract was in the works. So good to know they more or less locked-him-up before anyone else could go after him.

To reply to Sisyphean Bills-Kirk and I r not married. We do steady date and have been going together for 5 and 1/2 years. We have 2 daughters together named jasmine and cashmere.

I think you guys will find im fairly knowledgeable. Friday I will post what I think we should do in the first round. For what it's worth. Also keep in mind if you look at the history of our drafts if our front office shows above ave. interest towards a player or speaks about a certain player we NEVER draft that player.

Langston walker is Peters replacement. The line performed very well through the preseason and game 1 with Walker inserted at LT and Chambers at RT. Walker will be as good as peters was IMO.

No he's not. He will stay on the right side, to slow to play left. Chambers will get a shot at starting the left tackle position.

Guest dog14787
I have been reading this board for about three years now. I have been a die hard Bills fan for 17 years. I appreciate the amount of necessary pessimism you must have to be a Bills fan, although sometimes you get carried away. I also like the dry sense of humor most of you have. Had to throw all that out there. Now to my post. I am not sure why you guys don't believe KIRK CHAMBERS is the reason why we could afford to let Jason Peters go. A lot of you think he gives us good depth at gaurd. However he is cleary starting tackle material. Consistently the highest rushing totals and offensive production came when he was in the starting line-up. There is a reason we signed him to a long term contract after the season. Then we went and traded are overrated LT. I believe it was the Bills plan all along to insert Chambers into the starting Line-Up at one of the tackle positions in 09. He is 6-7 315 and only 29 years old. So in essense we traded an overated undrafted free agent for a 1st, 4th and 6th round pick, with his replacement already on the team. So even the haters should have a hard time with this logic, but im sure u will, so go on and hate! hate! hate! hate!

Great Post and welcome aboard.

Its uplifting to hear a post like this and believe me, we all need uplifting posts from time to time around here. :lol:

Good post. I've been thinking the same thing. I thought our OL played best when he was playing as well.

I also believe we MUST draft a an OL in the first 3 picks...if not 2 OL. While I think Chambers MAY be a good player, I'm not sold on Walker. I'd love to find his eventual replacement, and someone who can possibly play guard this year.

To reply to Sisyphean Bills-Kirk and I r not married. We do steady date and have been going together for 5 and 1/2 years. We have 2 daughters together named jasmine and cashmere.

I think you guys will find im fairly knowledgeable. Friday I will post what I think we should do in the first round. For what it's worth. Also keep in mind if you look at the history of our drafts if our front office shows above ave. interest towards a player or speaks about a certain player we NEVER draft that player.

So, does your next child get the name rayon or woolie?? :lol:

I apologize if I dont have as much faith as you do in Kirk Chambers as a full time starter. My lasting image of him comes from the first Jets game: Kris Jenkins plows through Kirk Chambers as if he were tissue paper, leaving him on his knees and grasping for his jersey, before ultimately sacking T. Edwards.

Okay I've posted scouting reports on here and not gotten any sh-- for it, but let's see if this passes the sniff test. FYI, this is not my work but I believe it comes in under 150 words for all you copyright attorneys out there.

2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 55 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Chambers has a huge body with average athleticism. He is a smart player who has developed his line techniques and strength to be a solid contributor along the offensive line. He appears to be more of a right tackle, but has played on the left side as well as the guard position. He isn't an explosive blocker off the line of scrimmage, but can lock on and run his feet to be an effective zone-run blocker. He has decent hand use with the ability to understand angles and how to maintain body position. He is inconsistent keeping his pads down and he can give too much ground at times versus powerful bull rushers. He has good stride and arm length to keep leverage as a perimeter pass-blocker, but quick counter moves can exploit his deficiencies. Chambers isn't quick to reset or recover when out of position and isn't very effective on the second level. He is a hard-nosed player who gives a steady effort and gives valuable depth to the Bills' offensive line.

I have been reading this board for about three years now. I have been a die hard Bills fan for 17 years. I appreciate the amount of necessary pessimism you must have to be a Bills fan, although sometimes you get carried away. I also like the dry sense of humor most of you have. Had to throw all that out there. Now to my post. I am not sure why you guys don't believe KIRK CHAMBERS is the reason why we could afford to let Jason Peters go. A lot of you think he gives us good depth at gaurd. However he is cleary starting tackle material. Consistently the highest rushing totals and offensive production came when he was in the starting line-up. There is a reason we signed him to a long term contract after the season. Then we went and traded are overrated LT. I believe it was the Bills plan all along to insert Chambers into the starting Line-Up at one of the tackle positions in 09. He is 6-7 315 and only 29 years old. So in essense we traded an overated undrafted free agent for a 1st, 4th and 6th round pick, with his replacement already on the team. So even the haters should have a hard time with this logic, but im sure u will, so go on and hate! hate! hate! hate!

Welcome to the board! I could be swayed by your post but I'd be interested to see where you found that info. I'm very much 'on the fence' about the O-Line. If it is the case that the rush offense was always best running behind him than he is an answer a very big question.

LOL, you my friend are totally lost and clueless. is this the same chambers who 2 years ago was out of football because he was so good.

anyone who thinks chambers should be starting anywhere on any offensive line is a complete idiot!

I agree in so far as some people think our offensive line is going to be a complete joke and I think as long as we get one more NFL caliber body in there - we look to have six right now (Walker, Chambers, Bell, Butler, Hangartner and this new dude from Cleveland) then they should be serviceable. And by serviceable I mean below average but not abysmal. The pass rush however, was beyond abysmal last year so that should still be our first priority. That being said, I would rather wing it with Fine and Schouman than not draft an OL in the first three rounds. Thus, I would go DL, LB and OL- depending on who's available, not necessarily in that order.

Thanks, nice first post. Please do us all a favor and send mead his wine before he starts all his bitching.

Thanks in advance.