Losman receiving interest..... from TWO teams!

ans4e64

All world for the community?

Once it was clear Edwards was the Bills starter, Losman withdrew into a shell and all of these" saving the community" photo-ops stopped.

His infamous "Buffalo Lives" foundation formed to clean up the city, did not have even one event after Trent was made the starter.

The pouty faced Losman came to the Bills as a petulant child and he left as one.

Give me a break. When was the last time you did something for the community? This guy came into town, settled down immediately, worked his ass off, all while doing what he could to help out the surrounding community. When it went to sh-- his community work went downhill, but does that surprise you? Something tells me he had other things on his mind like, I dunno, his future? For all we know he was probably battling depression-type symptoms as any of us would when our future is in doubt. Either he's a bum for slacking off when he wasn't starting, or else he spends too much time with the Parks and Rec. Dept. and not enough on the playbook.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break. When was the last time you did something for the community? This guy came into town, settled down immediately, worked his ass off, all while doing what he could to help out the surrounding community. When it went to sh-- his community work went downhill, but does that surprise you? Something tells me he had other things on his mind like, I dunno, his future? For all we know he was probably battling depression-type symptoms as any of us would when our future is in doubt. Either he's a bum for slacking off when he wasn't starting, or else he spends too much time with the Parks and Rec. Dept. and not enough on the playbook.

How will Buffalo ever survive without JP, both in the community and on the field? Oh no!

Yea, the guy was pretty much a first round bust, but he does have a ton of physical talent if he can get under a coach who can get inside his head, he could still revive his career. People have real hatred for Losman on this board, and it is really, for lack of a better word, Stupid. If we had a roster of players that all had his class, character and work ethics, the off season at OBD wouldn't have looked like an episode of "America's Most Wanted" or a daycare center with millionaire athletes whining like little babies. We haven't had a QB take an interest in the Buffalo or the Western New York area since Jim Kelly with the only exception being Losman. It is one thing if you criticize his play on the field, but to show outright hate for the guy is f**king retarded. I really hope he gets a chance again and makes it pay off and hopefully it shuts up some of the idiots on this board who are hiding their Losman jerseys in their closests and now acting like they didn't like him all along.

Yea, the guy was pretty much a first round bust, but he does have a ton of physical talent if he can get under a coach who can get inside his head, he could still revive his career. People have real hatred for Losman on this board, and it is really, for lack of a better word, Stupid. If we had a roster of players that all had his class, character and work ethics, the off season at OBD wouldn't have looked like an episode of "America's Most Wanted" or a daycare center with millionaire athletes whining like little babies. We haven't had a QB take an interest in the Buffalo or the Western New York area since Jim Kelly with the only exception being Losman. It is one thing if you criticize his play on the field, but to show outright hate for the guy is f**king retarded. I really hope he gets a chance again and makes it pay off and hopefully it shuts up some of the idiots on this board who are hiding their Losman jerseys in their closests and now acting like they didn't like him all along.

I hope he fails miserably, just like I hope QB’s on all other teams fail. GO BILLS!

I both agree and disagree with some of your points. First off, let me state that I was in JP's corner in second round of the seemingly never ending "Buffalo Bills QB controversy." I disagree that Losman was a classic "bust". The guy was picked at #26th in the draft and it was a well known fact that any club who dared pick him that Losman was a "project" who although had a high potential upside also and a huge potential downside. After the initial "WTF? Who the heck is this Losman guy?" surprise of the pick, we all learned about JP's great "tools" and "potential", and we also learned that it would be an extended work in process. I find it hard to call any QB taken at the back end of round one a "bust". I see it more of a classic roll the dice pick that came up snake-eyes as it often does when the Bills roll the freaking dice.

A couple of weeks ago I was fecisiously calling Whitner a "bust" pick, but he was actually a huge reach pick (it turns out Kiper and the naysayers were right all along) that should have never been picked as high as #8. In both cases, it was neither of these guy's fault that the Bills made reaches and turned non first round players into first round picks.

But I digress, the guy's who hate on Losman are truly insane. I had some time to kill and decided to look at both Trent's and Losman's second year as starter stats (thanks to Troy, Losman was basically recduced to a non-active player in 2004).

Take a close look at Trent's 2008 QB rating vs the AFC East and Losman's 2006 QB rating vs the AFC East...

http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/ga...ts?id=EDW720778

http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/game...amp;season=2006

I'm not saying that Losman is better than Edwards because at this point neither QB looks as if they have what it takes to be "the man" in the NFL. I'm just saying that it's stupid to hate so badly on a player that actually accomplished something in at least one of his years on this team. Jeez, looking back those 19 touchdowns by Losman it may be like having 36 touchdowns on any other team not being coached by Dick "drain the freaking life out of the game" Jauron. :thumbsup:

I do think that it's still possible that Losman could have one of those big comebacks a few years from now. It's obviously a very small possibility but there's always the chance things click and he can get rid of the jitters and slow decision-making that have haunted him since his arrival. You never know if that right situation could help him turn the corner.

The difference between Losman and Edwards was that it was thought that Edwards was a natural. That his learning curve was extremely short. Well looking at those 2008 game splits scares me. He even had bad games against the Browns and 49ers at home. It's funny to me that the Losman hatred continues as if the Bills are "all set" at the QB position. We are far from set. Edwards looked every bit as bad as Losman at his worst in 2008. Instead of the turnovers that Losman was classically known for, we instead got a frighteningly look at the lack of touchdown passes being thrown. Maybe both these QBs were always two sides of a bad coin. All that constant debating and name calling gone for naught! :lol:

If Trent doesn't turn it on in 2009, the Bills WILL have a new head coach (bad Edwards season = very bad Bills record = new coach) and they WILL be picking a 1st round QB in 2010. That's my prediction on the matter. Here's hoping Edwards has a stellar season. I wish JP Losman a happy life but don't really care all that much about his post-Bills NFL life.

IF JP really loves football he should go CFL , he would tear it up with his mobility and arm. Hey, maybe after few years up north he could come back and play. See Flute and Moon.

Who is Flute? Any relation to tuba or trumpet? Oh you mean Flutie-just bustin ur chops.

I liked Losman and was a big fan. I like the guy as a person. I think a lot of people just get upset with this group of Losman fans that have a million excuses for him. He was a pretty bad QB for most of his time as a Bill.

Trust me, if Edwards is playing like JP did during the 2007 & 2008 seasons, I'd hope he doesn't start another game as a Bill.

The Trent Fans are MORE than ready with EXCUSES for him.........................................The EXACT SAME EXCUSES JP's fans have had for him..........................POOR COACHING, POOR GAME PLANS,POOR TEAM, ETC........... BUT it's Trent so excuses are excusable.

I both agree and disagree with some of your points. First off, let me state that I was in JP's corner in second round of the seemingly never ending "Buffalo Bills QB controversy." I disagree that Losman was a classic "bust". The guy was picked at #26th in the draft and it was a well known fact that any club who dared pick him that Losman was a "project" who although had a high potential upside also and a huge potential downside. After the initial "WTF? Who the heck is this Losman guy?" surprise of the pick, we all learned about JP's great "tools" and "potential", and we also learned that it would be an extended work in process. I find it hard to call any QB taken at the back end of round one a "bust". I see it more of a classic roll the dice pick that came up snake-eyes as it often does when the Bills roll the freaking dice.

A couple of weeks ago I was fecisiously calling Whitner a "bust" pick, but he was actually a huge reach pick (it turns out Kiper and the naysayers were right all along) that should have never been picked as high as #8. In both cases, it was neither of these guy's fault that the Bills made reaches and turned non first round players into first round picks.

But I digress, the guy's who hate on Losman are truly insane. I had some time to kill and decided to look at both Trent's and Losman's second year as starter stats (thanks to Troy, Losman was basically recduced to a non-active player in 2004).

Take a close look at Trent's 2008 QB rating vs the AFC East and Losman's 2006 QB rating vs the AFC East...

http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/ga...ts?id=EDW720778

http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/game...amp;season=2006

I'm not saying that Losman is better than Edwards because at this point neither QB looks as if they have what it takes to be "the man" in the NFL. I'm just saying that it's stupid to hate so badly on a player that actually accomplished something in at least one of his years on this team. Jeez, looking back those 19 touchdowns by Losman it may be like having 36 touchdowns on any other team not being coached by Dick "drain the freaking life out of the game" Jauron. :huh:

I do think that it's still possible that Losman could have one of those big comebacks a few years from now. It's obviously a very small possibility but there's always the chance things click and he can get rid of the jitters and slow decision-making that have haunted him since his arrival. You never know if that right situation could help him turn the corner.

The difference between Losman and Edwards was that it was thought that Edwards was a natural. That his learning curve was extremely short. Well looking at those 2008 game splits scares me. He even had bad games against the Browns and 49ers at home. It's funny to me that the Losman hatred continues as if the Bills are "all set" at the QB position. We are far from set. Edwards looked every bit as bad as Losman at his worst in 2008. Instead of the turnovers that Losman was classically known for, we instead got a frighteningly look at the lack of touchdown passes being thrown. Maybe both these QBs were always two sides of a bad coin. All that constant debating and name calling gone for naught! :flirt:

If Trent doesn't turn it on in 2009, the Bills WILL have a new head coach (bad Edwards season = very bad Bills record = new coach) and they WILL be picking a 1st round QB in 2010. That's my prediction on the matter. Here's hoping Edwards has a stellar season. I wish JP Losman a happy life but don't really care all that much about his post-Bills NFL life.

I agree, this is Trent's make or break season. He didn't make the progress that everyone thought he would last season, in fact as the season went on he went in just the opposite direction. If he doesn't show something this year to make the FO think he is the answer, there will be a new QB next season to either push him, or put him on the bench or even out of Buffalo. Just pray that worst scenario doesn't happen, that Trent sucks badly and they turn it over to Fitzpatrick. I actually had a dream last night, that Fitz decided to retire and we could get a new backup QB.

The Trent Fans are MORE than ready with EXCUSES for him.........................................The EXACT SAME EXCUSES JP's fans have had for him..........................POOR COACHING, POOR GAME PLANS,POOR TEAM, ETC........... BUT it's Trent so excuses are excusable.

I agree, even though they are totally different types of QB, they both have about the same success rate. They performed good in about 1 out of every 5 games, average in maybe 1 in 5 games and subpar in the other 3 in 5 games. Excuses are like #ssholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

I think that is where you are wrong. If Edwards looks & plays like he did for the 2nd half of the season last year, or like Losman has looked pretty much his entire career, I would hope that the bills look into a different direction at qb in 2010.

I liked Losman and was a big fan. I like the guy as a person. I think a lot of people just get upset with this group of Losman fans that have a million excuses for him. He was a pretty bad QB for most of his time as a Bill.

Trust me, if Edwards is playing like JP did during the 2007 & 2008 seasons, I'd hope he doesn't start another game as a Bill.

Its because its the truth. Not many people, and certainly not me, are saying he would have succeeded. We are simply saying that the environment to succeed wasn't put into place for him. Not to mention the fact that when he was drafted, most expected him to take a few years to grow because he was "raw," and then wanted his head when he didn't play like an all-pro right off the bat.

Think of it like a college exam. A student has a roommate who plays loud music all night so the student doesn't get any sleep the night before the final. He then fails the exam. Can you call the student a failure? perhaps. But the conditions for the student to do well on the exam were not in place, making it very difficult for them to perform at the top level.

Nobody really hates Losman. It's pretty obvious you still haven't figured the guy out if you really believe "if he can get under a coach who can get inside his head, he could still revive his career." The guy has no feel for the NFL game-if Lombardi rose from the grave, all he would end up saying is "what the hell is going on here" when watching Losman.

What you interpret as hatred is really our frustration with people who still believe he can play NFL ball. He can't, face the facts already. He'll be lucky to be a 3rd stringer next year and odds favor that if he makes it to a camp, he won't make it through the season with that team. See: Johnson, Rob for any further look into JP's future because they ended up being, more or less, the same guy.

I think that is where you are wrong. If Edwards looks & plays like he did for the 2nd half of the season last year, or like Losman has looked pretty much his entire career, I would hope that the bills look into a different direction at qb in 2010.

If that happens, it's time to look deeper than just at the player. Frankly, it's that time now.

Per kffl:

Panthers or Broncos, eh? Why not? Lost-man is just good enough to knock around the NFL for a good 10 more years backing up the starters, and then backing up the back ups. Nice easy work if you can get it. Too bad Donahoe was the GM for the Bills when he traded back into the first round to add him into the Bills all-time list of first round draft flops in '04!

At least Butler didn't draft Todd "15 year back up" Collins until the third round back in the mid 90's when Jimbo was slowing down.

I dont get it....JP Losman wanted out of Buffalo because he lost his starting and he didn't want to be a backup...........but the only attention he is getting is as a 2nd or 3rd stringer....he should have just stayed in Buffalo....I am sure if he had a positive attitude about playing for the Bills they would have kept him

I dont get it....JP Losman wanted out of Buffalo because he lost his starting and he didn't want to be a backup...........but the only attention he is getting is as a 2nd or 3rd stringer....he should have just stayed in Buffalo....I am sure if he had a positive attitude about playing for the Bills they would have kept him

Did you see Losman play last year? He was maybe the worst QB in the league when he played. I wish him no ill well but I'd rather have Rosie O'Donnell sit on my face for a half hour than see JP ever start a game for the Bills again.