Curry at #11?

Magox

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/21/c...or-bills-at-11/

I just read this and find it hard to believe. I can't see this guy falling to us. I think that he'll end up in KC, Jacksonville, Green Bay, or San Fran. If, and I say IF, he does fall to us we would be FOOLS not to take him. Our LB group has been crap for a while. Mitchell was a good addition and Poz is still young, basically coming off of his rookie season due to the broken forearm in his first year. If we added Curry to the mix I think we'd have one of the best LB groups in the NFL this year when it's all said and done. We could still get Ayers at #28 I believe and our OL help with the next two picks after that. We wouldn't address the TE situation until the 4th, but guys like Travis Beckum and Cornelius Ingram could still be on the board. I'd draft Curry without a second thought. We missed out on Willis 3 years ago, let's hope that God smiles on the Bills on Saturday :rolleyes:

I still think Curry's headed for Kansas City at #3.

He's really the best overall player available in the draft, but Detroit's probably taking Stafford and the Rams really want that OT from Baylor.

Kansas City is in the midst of a rebuilding program, but I think they're headed in the right direction, with the Cassel pickup and a decent draft last year. I think the Chiefs can't pass Curry up.

He would be the best player available by far at a need position. So yes, the Bills would pick him.

However what if Curry and Orakpo are both available? Then what?

I have seen some film of Jason Smith from Baylor throwing Orakpo around like a little rag doll. If Curry is there, I get the card to the commissioner in under 30 seconds from the time we go on the clock....

Would you guys be ok with dealing up to get him? I'd be able to get behind dealing the 11th pick and a 2nd rounder to move up to 3rd. Although I'm not sure if KC would make that deal.

We could still get a quality player with the 28th pick (OL or TE) and then draft a DE in the third I suppose.

Would you guys be ok with dealing up to get him? I'd be able to get behind dealing the 11th pick and a 2nd rounder to move up to 3rd. Although I'm not sure if KC would make that deal.

We could still get a quality player with the 28th pick (OL or TE) and then draft a DE in the third I suppose.

With all the needs on this team, do you think blowing up the entire draft to get Curry is going to put the best team on the field?

It would take more than that in picks so it's not worth it. Too many needs to fill; the Bills should be considering moving down in this draft, not up.

No way in a million years Curry falls out of the top 10.

It would take more than that in picks so it's not worth it. Too many needs to fill; the Bills should be considering moving down in this draft, not up.

Hypothetically to move up from #11 to #3 (to which I'm totally opposed) it would probably take our 1st (11) , our 2nd (42), and the higher of our 4th round picks (110).

In addition, the cost of signing the pick at #3 would cost us more money than signing the three picks we traded away.

Why is this thread started every few days???

Pretty obvious isn't it, Leon?? If we somehow got the guy, 1 in 10 chance right now, we'd have a near future Pro-Bowler playing along side 2 other very competant LB's.

Maybe not too awful likely but nice to think about!! :rolleyes: