Ko Simpson on Block

This is part of a grand, epic salary dump. Ladies and gentlemen your 2009 Buffalo Bills. Let's trade 4 of our starters for a slew of 4th-7th round picks. Then we can fill the roster with Xavier Omons and John Wendlings. At least they won't cost more than a couple hundred thousand dollars each.

Simpson hasn't really started since his rookie year. parrish has never started. kelsay, who knows, because even if he started he wasn't effective.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If all this is true and they are unloading a number of players to make room for rookies, maybe this means that the Bills are in an actual rebuild mode, which is a good thing, instead of patchwork FA acquisitions to maintain a 6-10 - 8-8 standard.

If this is the case I wouldnt mind tanking for 2 seasons to see some real top level draft picks come in. Sam Bradford the Bills QB of the future.

Agree re: Kelsay that he's way overpaid compared to your average replacement player (which is the proper point of reference). With Simpson and Parrish, however, they make next to nothing and have experience. I've advocated trading Roscoe for some time, PROVIDED that we would get a veteran player as part of the deal (my target was Waters). But there is little chance that a 5th-7th round pick will have anywhere near the impact that Roscoe has. Especially since this front office wastes those picks. I can't believe we effectively "traded" Jim Leonhard for John Wendling. That was the same kind of boneheaded thinking.

Agreed that dumping Parrish for 5-7th rounder doesn't make any sense.

Leonard vs Wendling is an interesting question. Maybe it's the same decider ho thought that Tedy Lehman would be a quality addition to the roster.

If all this is true and they are unloading a number of players to make room for rookies, maybe this means that the Bills are in an actual rebuild mode, which is a good thing, instead of patchwork FA acquisitions to maintain a 6-10 - 8-8 standard.

Could be. And the front office signed TO to basically appease the fans and pretend that they will be competitive this year.

youre probably right. you look around at teams who have picked the top QB's every year and all those years spin their tires. Except in a rare case like Manning, but it was obvious he was a once in an era QB.

You know, people will complain about Trent wearing a glove or gloves, say that he can't throw the long ball, etc., etc. However, he has played very well so far. I firmly believe that we have a stud QB. Any smart team would continue to bolster the lines to protect him. Once the lines are set or close to it, bring in the flash players... which we already have two for what could be a long time in Evans and Lynch. Owens obviously only one year. So depending on what the Bills do to give TE some time, we could have a very good year ahead of us.

Everything to me, relies on building those lines... offense and defense.

I agree, he hasn't looked the same since the injury. His rookie year he looked so promising, he was so fast and seemed to be flying around all over the field making plays. I thought he and Donte would man the secondary for years....what a bummer....

I don't know. Ko always had a knack for taking bad angles on plays which allowed the opposing RB's to get longer gains than they should have. I do think that the ankle injury did mess him up though. He hasn't shown the same burst as he did in his first year. He also seems to make too many mental mistakes on the field, not seeming to be in the right places in coverage. He might go from being "worth millions" to being "worth hundreds" a week on 40 hours like the rest of us :rolleyes:

chances are they won't get all 3 traded this off season, but the fact that everyone (including the media) knows they are all available is no coincidence. I think RB is sending a message: if you don't perform, you're expendable. plain and simple. he flat out cut dockery because he was so bad, but these guys just haven't lived up to their draft # and/or salary.

people will criticize either way, but at least the front office is trying something different.

All I can hope for (which of course with the Bills history - won't happen) is a very solid draft and ONE blockbuster move.

Our chances of a solid draft are fair to good. We have a lot of picks and we brought back Buddy Nix, most recently Assistant GM of the San Diego Chargers. He bolsters our scouting department substantially.

We've already had two blockbuster moves this offseason. Hard to imagine yet another one.

I don't know. Ko always had a knack for taking bad angles on plays which allowed the opposing RB's to get longer gains than they should have. I do think that the ankle injury did mess him up though. He hasn't shown the same burst as he did in his first year. He also seems to make too many mental mistakes on the field, not seeming to be in the right places in coverage. He might go from being "worth millions" to being "worth hundreds" a week on 40 hours like the rest of us :rolleyes:

Yep. For whatever reason, Ko regressed not only physically but mentally too it seemed.

chances are they won't get all 3 traded this off season, but the fact that everyone (including the media) knows they are all available is no coincidence. I think RB is sending a message: if you don't perform, you're expendable. plain and simple. he flat out cut dockery because he was so bad, but these guys just haven't lived up to their draft # and/or salary.

people will criticize either way, but at least the front office is trying something different.

I have no problem with floating these guys in trades. This is a business and the players should be reminded of that. I think the environment for the players at OneBillsDrive has been too cozy. The guys that are being shopped (Roscoe fans will disagree) are not essential team building blocks IMO. Nothing wrong with exploring ways to improve the roster. That's what Brandon should be doing.

All three are expendable at this point. We need to make room for about 5 Rookies too so someone needs to move on. I would rather see Bills get something for them now vs. nothing later. I would like to see Buffalo hold on to Parrish as his ST duties will be missed!!!!!!! How about "Chicken Neck" Youbouty we should try to shop him around as well. I really don't see him on the team in the fall...

Maybe you forget that Youboty was probably the top DB on the squad last year untill he was forced into inactive status due to an unfortunate injury. If he can stay away from physical problems the guy's a star!

Maybe you forget that Youboty was probably the top DB on the squad last year untill he was forced into inactive status due to an unfortunate injury. If he can stay away from physical problems the guy's a star!

There were rumors last year that the Browns were interested in trading for Yobouty before he got injured. It doesn't hurt to ask the question, "what is his value on the trade market?"

If some team needing a cornerback saw a huge upside with Yobouty and was willing to trade a 3rd rounder for him would you do it?

How about a 4th rounder?

A good team should know the value of all of its assets.

This is part of a grand, epic salary dump. Ladies and gentlemen your 2009 Buffalo Bills. Let's trade 4 of our starters for a slew of 4th-7th round picks. Then we can fill the roster with Xavier Omons and John Wendlings. At least they won't cost more than a couple hundred thousand dollars each.

Like Lou Sabin used to say.... "You can lose with anybody..."

If this is the case I wouldnt mind tanking for 2 seasons to see some real top level draft picks come in. Sam Bradford the Bills QB of the future.

Sam Bradford sucks. He plays in a spread offense in a conference that doesn't know how to recruit defensive players because they think points sell tickets. It has been proven time and again that spread offense QBs can't hack it in the NFL. That is why Tim Tebow won't be the #1 pick next year. But Tebow is infinitely better than Sam Bradford in every way possible. So get you head out of your ass.

I agree. I think he will be back to old form this year and I wouldn't trade him because he wont fetch anything close to his value on the team now.

What "value" could he possibly have on the team now? The guy has done nothing on the field, and has gotten in trouble off the field. He never plays, unless there are at least two safeties injured. Whitner, Scott and Wilson all play ahead of him. He doesn't do anything on special teams. So what value to this team could he possibly have?