Ko Simpson on Block

Sources: Bills Shopping Simpson

Sources close to the National Football Post have informed us that the Buffalo Bills are looking to trade free safety Ko Simpson before this weekend’s draft in New York. The former fourth round draft choice has complied 143 tackles and 2 interceptions in three NFL seasons.

The Bills have been active in the past week. On Friday, Buffalo traded away Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jason Peters to Philadelphia in return for multiple draft picks and are reportedly shopping wide receiver Roscoe Parrish and defensive end Chris Kelsay as well.

We are also hearing that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are looking to trade tight end Alex Smith before Saturday.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources: Bills Shopping Simpson

Sources close to the National Football Post have informed us that the Buffalo Bills are looking to trade free safety Ko Simpson before this weekend’s draft in New York. The former fourth round draft choice has complied 143 tackles and 2 interceptions in three NFL seasons.

The Bills have been active in the past week. On Friday, Buffalo traded away Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jason Peters to Philadelphia in return for multiple draft picks and are reportedly shopping wide receiver Roscoe Parrish and defensive end Chris Kelsay as well.

We are also hearing that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are looking to trade tight end Alex Smith before Saturday.

Copyright violation.

I'M KO SIMPSON AND I'M WORTH A DAY TWO PICK!!!

:rolleyes:

Ok on the block we now have:

Parrish

Kelsay

Simpson

?? Something must be up if they are looking to clear out. Looking for combination trade (draft picks and a player) for some stud player or multiple players?

Maybe his injury ruined his career, but the guy had a monster preseason his rookie year and now looks a step slow on every play.

I agree, he hasn't looked the same since the injury. His rookie year he looked so promising, he was so fast and seemed to be flying around all over the field making plays. I thought he and Donte would man the secondary for years....what a bummer....

Parrish

Kelsay

Simpson

?? Something must be up if they are looking to clear out. Looking for combination trade (draft picks and a player) for some stud player or multiple players?

yeah the team is tired of starting special teamers and 3rd stringers and paying them like starters. Just because the fans have Bills blinders on does not make players HOFers. Simpson was a nice story his rookie year, but he has major gaps in his game and never got better. He is extremely poor in run support, takes bad angles all the time and really was a mediocre FS at best. With Whitner moving to FS and our depth at the safety position pretty deep (not good still) it made Simpson expendable.

yeah the team is tired of starting special teamers and 3rd stringers and paying them like starters. Just because the fans have Bills blinders on does not make players HOFers. Simpson was a nice story his rookie year, but he has major gaps in his game and never got better. He is extremely poor in run support, takes bad angles all the time and really was a mediocre FS at best. With Whitner moving to FS and our depth at the safety position pretty deep (not good still) it made Simpson expendable.

All I can hope for (which of course with the Bills history - won't happen) is a very solid draft and ONE blockbuster move.

All three are expendable at this point. We need to make room for about 5 Rookies too so someone needs to move on. I would rather see Bills get something for them now vs. nothing later. I would like to see Buffalo hold on to Parrish as his ST duties will be missed!!!!!!! How about "Chicken Neck" Youbouty we should try to shop him around as well. I really don't see him on the team in the fall...

This is part of a grand, epic salary dump. Ladies and gentlemen your 2009 Buffalo Bills. Let's trade 4 of our starters for a slew of 4th-7th round picks. Then we can fill the roster with Xavier Omons and John Wendlings. At least they won't cost more than a couple hundred thousand dollars each.

This is part of a grand, epic salary dump. Ladies and gentlemen your 2009 Buffalo Bills. Let's trade 4 of our starters for a slew of 4th-7th round picks. Then we can fill the roster with Xavier Omons and John Wendlings. At least they won't cost more than a couple hundred thousand dollars each.

Won't disagree with the major premise, but Parrish, Kelsay & Simpson are part-time starters. Of the three, I can argue that Kelsay & Simpson could be replaced by SFAs without much drop off in production. (Kind of like they were in '08)

Won't disagree with the major premise, but Parrish, Kelsay & Simpson are part-time starters. Of the three, I can argue that Kelsay & Simpson could be replaced by SFAs without much drop off in production. (Kind of like they were in '08)

Agree re: Kelsay that he's way overpaid compared to your average replacement player (which is the proper point of reference). With Simpson and Parrish, however, they make next to nothing and have experience. I've advocated trading Roscoe for some time, PROVIDED that we would get a veteran player as part of the deal (my target was Waters). But there is little chance that a 5th-7th round pick will have anywhere near the impact that Roscoe has. Especially since this front office wastes those picks. I can't believe we effectively "traded" Jim Leonhard for John Wendling. That was the same kind of boneheaded thinking.

This is not good news. :rolleyes:

I agree. I think he will be back to old form this year and I wouldn't trade him because he wont fetch anything close to his value on the team now.

Parrish

Kelsay

Simpson

I think they are going to move up a lot in the third round by using these multiple fourth round picks. JMO

PUNCH!!

This is what happens when players do not stay in school

They have some NFL skills but could be much better if they had stayed for 1 to 2 more years. Youboty is a prime example, if he had stayed in school he would of been more polished and maybe a high 1st or 2nd round choice. But he wanted the NFL money came out early, got drafted in the 4th. He show some promise early, but injuries and maybe not as focused in training, with an easy coach has put him behind.

I wonder how many players are liking our lame duck coach now[. Players motto should be, have your bags packed you might be going/b]