Brandon "TheAxeMan"

JinWPB

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the players mentioned in trading block are not going to be traded. He is just putting out potential players for trade in attempt to get more draft picks to compete with current players on roster. Some teams may feel their coaches or their scheme can get more out of players than Bills and then they will trade.

you really heard this?

this makes Simpson, Kelsey and Parrish. Any word on McCargo?

It was on the bottom crawl about 9pm tonight.

I have not heard a word about McCargo. Roscoe and Kelsey are still dangling.

Thinking we get picks in exchange, I don't know. Could be other players also.

The young blood in the FO is really shaking this team up this offseason.

I hope it works out, can't be lot worse than 7-9 forever.

Hey, maybe we will pick first next year, we haven't done that in a while..

I've mentioned this before: this draft is deep in our areas of need. The Bills also brought back an old scout, one who had some solid credentials. They know they need to fill those five spots - DE, OT, OG, TE, and OLB. That's five spots, and I think, (I hope) that they realize if they get these extra picks they are looking to move up, and up as much as possible to land four of the five starters - and good ones. If they can't get all five, they'll go back to F.A.'s and there are still some quality upgrades out there (I'm guessing OLB is the one they'd let slip in the draft and pick up the F.A., of which there are two or three still out there that would be good upgrades. If they can get a good starting DE, OT in round 1, and a starting OG in round 2, then in round 3 they can grab a good, fast, sticky hands TE. That would be four starters in the first three rounds. Whatever trades they need to make to do it, then so be it, as long as they are exceptional and able to immediately impact and improve our team. With rounds 4-7 and UDFA's and Vet F.A.'s, they can fill the other needs and add depth, and hopefully find a few gems that can be more than adequate.

Between DE, OT, OG, TE, and OLB there are enough exceptional players at those postions in this draft to manage to land a combination of four out of the five in the first 3 rounds. Let's hope they do it.

This is getting stupid and ugly. You can't fix everything in the draft. The Bills will be lucky to get one or two players that become decent starters (eventually). Why are they creating so many holes that cannot possibly be filled before the season starts?

This team is not rebuilding, it is cratering.

Yeah, the average draft class has ~30 good players that'll have a good career in the NFL.

I like it. Trade everybody! Continuity be damned! :oops:

I like the idea of stockpiling picks. It seems obvious to me that Roscoe, Kelsay and Simpson are not going to be in the future plans of the Bills as starters, and we may as well get as many draft picks as possible.

I honestly think that the Bills wouldn't even get a trade offer for Simpson. He's been a major disappointment and isn't even worth a 7th round pick, IMO.

You are probably right, but how many people thought the Bills would get any offers for McCargo.

There was a recent article on NFL.com about draft trades. Most teams work the trades out in the week prior to the draft and then make the deal if certian players are gone and/or available at certian picks. Maybe Kelsey, Parrish, Simpson and McCargo will be used as part of packages for the Bills to move up in the draft.

Good, get rid of the dead weight...show the players and fans that mediocre

isn't going to be good enough anymore...

As much as I want to see a playoff game, I'd rather go 4-12 this year if it

makes us a real contender in the near future (with a good draft this year)...

stauts quo meant another 7-9 season...we weren't just one or two players away

from the Superbowl...by all means shake it up!

And we needed as much of a change in attitude as we did in talent and hopefully

these moves, even if they are just fishing or posturing (along with getting rid

of Peters, Dockery, Royal, etc.) will send a big message to the team and help

accomplish that.

Why does everyone think that if we get rid of Kelsay, Simpson, Parrish, McCargo (on top of already getting rid of Peters) that the Bills will find replacements that are better? It takes a competent front office to do that, and we do not have one. I could undertand these moves if we had young (and better) players on the roster ready to replace all of these players, but we don't. In addition, this is not the beginning of free agency with possible replacements ready to be acquired. Free agency is over for the players that were highly coveted.

I am not suggesting that any of these players are above average performers, but this seems more like a salary dump than anything else (without the hope of spending any money that becomes available as a result (this year or next year)).

Good, get rid of the dead weight...show the players and fans that mediocre

isn't going to be good enough anymore...

Then tell me why we are keeping Jauron.

As much as I want to see a playoff game, I'd rather go 4-12 this year if it

makes us a real contender in the near future (with a good draft this year)...

stauts quo meant another 7-9 season...we weren't just one or two players away

from the Superbowl...by all means shake it up!

Then, why did we sign TO for one year? Why bother if the plan is to go 4-12?

And we needed as much of a change in attitude as we did in talent and hopefully

these moves, even if they are just fishing or posturing (along with getting rid

of Peters, Dockery, Royal, etc.) will send a big message to the team and help

accomplish that.

Send message to the team? Three people who have legal problems are still with the team right now.

Why don't you tell me what kind of messages they are sending to us fans? Character only matters when Levy was here?

Then tell me why we are keeping Jauron.

I too thought Jauron would have and probably should have been fired at the end of

last season...but they didn't do it, nothing I can do about it...but Brandon isn't going to

say well we had to keep Jauron, so let's just leave everything else as is and go 7-9 again...

I think they had to take a chance and shake things up...whether it works or not we'll have

to wait and see. And the continuity they spoke of was probably in keeping similar schemes

for their players (especially their young QB) not keeping all of the same players.

Then, why did we sign TO for one year? Why bother if the plan is to go 4-12?

It's not the FO's plan to go 4-12. I think Brandon and Jauron are thinking about and planning

on winning this year, I just meant if we were to go 4-12 this year because we had to have a

number of rookies starting or playing significant time, I'd rather see that (if the rookies were

talented and going to get better making us a better team down the road), then hang on to

players who were never going to help get us there.

(And for the record, I don't think we will go 4-12...I guess I was just overreacting to posters who

say we aren't going to win if we have to play 5 rookies)

Send message to the team? Three people who have legal problems are still with the team right now.

Why don't you tell me what kind of messages they are sending to us fans? Character only matters when Levy was here?

Sure, franchises and fans want their players to be good guys (as do I), I hate all the off the

field issues our players have gotten into and hopefully the team and players can change that...

I don't think Brandon is ok with these issues...but the "character" that Levy and others are

talking about is football character: heart, love of the game, good work ethic, will to win, etc., etc.

What TO has and Peters seems to lack.

The message sent to the team is produce on the field up to your contract and be a team-first guy

or you're gone...(the lone exception to that of the players who are gone or on the trading block

of course would be Roscoe...but I can understand that too with the # of WRs on the roster and

other players who could take over PR duties)