Wait til Jason Peters reads this

These comments from the Eagles are HYSTERICAL:

“There have been league MVP’s, Super Bowl champion quarterbacks, and perennial Pro Bowlers who have been in a similar situation. All of their teams have required them to wait until their contract expired or there was only one year remaining before any adjustment took place. It is only in the most extraordinary, in fact, less than a handful of circumstances in the last ten years that any players two new years into a contract with three years left have been adjusted. We don’t think this qualifies as an extraordinary circumstance."

Someone needs to send a memo to the Eagles front office and tell them that they JUST DID exactly what they are chastising

“There have been league MVP’s, Super Bowl champion quarterbacks, and perennial Pro Bowlers who have been in a similar situation. All of their teams have required them to wait until their contract expired or there was only one year remaining before any adjustment took place. It is only in the most extraordinary, in fact, less than a handful of circumstances in the last ten years that any players two new years into a contract with three years left have been adjusted. We don’t think this qualifies as an extraordinary circumstance."

Someone needs to send a memo to the Eagles front office and tell them that they JUST DID exactly what they are chastising

JP must qualify as an "extraordinary circumstance" - They WANTED Him :ph34r:

If I was Andrews and one of the best guards in the league, I'd demand a new deal right now. They just traded and gave a tackle who led the league in sacks given up a monster deal because he whined his way out of Buffalo. Andrews has a ton of leverage now.

i always liked the Eagles but I think it would be hilarious if this move blew up in their face.

:lol:

I was gonna copy the exact same part of the article. Man o' man when Sheldon Brown reads that just a few days after the JP thing I'll be surprised if he doesn't go postal. :devil:

Paid the kings ransom to one player, now everyone will want a piece!!! :angry:

:lol:

Let the bEagles have the team tearing JP on their team now.

Note the word "extraordinary." They are talking about Peters. When you think you can get a guy at the second-most important position in the game, and you think you can get the best one in the league, that's extraordinary.

A pretty good CB, not so much.

while frosting his gold-flake cupcakes.

might as well start next year's hold out, now

And here's the line in that article that explains why the Bills "settled" for the #28 pick instead of the #21: "Sheldon's comments under the circumstances actually serve to devalue him in a trade if we were willing to consider it; which we are not."

Peters actions holding out and not giving the Bills any respect at all, served to devalue him. So that's why I was in favor of the Bills not trading him at all, and letting him waste the last two years of his contract if that's what he thought he needed to do. by sitting on his big butt. Nothing would have prevented the Bills from drafting the best OT on the board with their existing #11 pick anyway, and then they could have lived without that extra #28 pick while they let Peters rot at home, if that's what he wanted to do. In the long run, they still would have missed his talents on the field, but I would have respected them more for their toughness. Ironic that the Eagles are showing the same toughness with their unhappy CB above, while they stole Peters from the Bills. Talk about going north and south at the same time.

If I was Andrews and one of the best guards in the league, I'd demand a new deal right now. They just traded and gave a tackle who led the league in sacks given up a monster deal because he whined his way out of Buffalo. Andrews has a ton of leverage now.

i always liked the Eagles but I think it would be hilarious if this move blew up in their face.

The same Andrews who did not show to OTA's and had no contact with the team. Then he tells the team he is depressed. He really does not have any leverage with the Eagles right now.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/200...les_say_no.html

As for diminishing his trade value by speaking out, Brown said the Eagles just traded for Buffalo tackle Jason Peters, who held out last summer, with 3 years left on a contract.

"They just traded for a guy who diminished his trade value last year," Brown said.

He also noted that the Eagles were willing to redo Brian Westbrook's contract last year.

Brown said he thought the Eagles' statement was designed to draw attention "away from what the real deal is."

Brown said he based his thinking that a trade would be possible on the fact that the Eagles traded disgruntled corner Lito Sheppard to the Jets.

"If you traded your Pro Bowl player for a fifth-round pick, well, I'm pretty sure I can go out and get you that right now," he said.

The same Andrews who did not show to OTA's and had no contact with the team. Then he tells the team he is depressed. He really does not have any leverage with the Eagles right now.

Sure he does. All he has to do is listen to Peters regarding what leverage he has: a(nother) holdout. And I'm sure giving Peters $10M/year while he's making $3.55M will do wonders for his depression. :angry:

Wait til Jason Peters reads this? I really don't think he can read, otherwise he might have know that he led the league in sacks given up, it was only published everywhere. He must not have a TV either, because ESPN and the NFL Network mentioned it enough times.

And here's the line in that article that explains why the Bills "settled" for the #28 pick instead of the #21: "Sheldon's comments under the circumstances actually serve to devalue him in a trade if we were willing to consider it; which we are not."

Peters actions holding out and not giving the Bills any respect at all, served to devalue him. So that's why I was in favor of the Bills not trading him at all, and letting him waste the last two years of his contract if that's what he thought he needed to do. by sitting on his big butt. Nothing would have prevented the Bills from drafting the best OT on the board with their existing #11 pick anyway, and then they could have lived without that extra #28 pick while they let Peters rot at home, if that's what he wanted to do. In the long run, they still would have missed his talents on the field, but I would have respected them more for their toughness. Ironic that the Eagles are showing the same toughness with their unhappy CB above, while they stole Peters from the Bills. Talk about going north and south at the same time.

While I don't agree with your tone, I do agree with your basic logic. The Bills actually CAVED in and gave Peters exactly what he wanted. They had him under contract for 2 years; they had him by the throat. Why let an elite tackle go so cheap? He had an off year and made the Pro Bowl based on his peers! If he held out, had another "subpar" year then his value would have diminished. He would have came out motivated for nothing else but to improve his stock in both trade value or his contract year. At least we would have gotten production from him and if he played elite in his contract year, FRANCHISE his you know what! Instead the Bills whimped out and got less than stellar value. For all those who are so glad he is gone I ask you this: if the Bills had 2 1st round picks, gave up the SECOND 1st round pick, a 4th and a 6th round pick for a 2 time YOUNG Pro Bowl LEFT TACKLE would you not feel that this was a good pickup? This board would be full of excitement! Everyone would be calling the Eagles cheap and the only bad season he had was due to a holdout but STILL made the Pro Bowl based on coaches/players votes and would point out that he had an even better NON Pro Bowl season his first at RT.