Caught the tail end of radio Report

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree here. The guy gets 20yds every time he touches the ball and is threat to score. Now if only they use him in the slot like Welker is used he'd be deadly. Josh Reed is consistant, but not a break away threat like Parish could be.

Parrish is a great punt returner because of his quickness in the open field. That does not translate to offense because he is too small to break tackles. Welker is much more powerful than Parrish. Parrish is probably the slightest non-kicker in the NFL.

The Redskins have an even bigger logjam at WRs than the Bills having drafted Devan Thomas and Malcolm Kelly in the 2nd round last year along with Moss, Randal El and Chris Cooley. Why would they want him unless Danny Smith (our Former ST coach) is still hanging around there.

I forgot about those guys. I guess if you add all of these receivers together you have one good returner and 1/2 a good receiver.

Parrish is a great punt returner because of his quickness in the open field. That does not translate to offense because he is too small to break tackles. Welker is much more powerful than Parrish. Parrish is probably the slightest non-kicker in the NFL.

I don't think of Welker as a guy who breaks a lot of tackles. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him, but from what I have seen his RAC yardage stops after contact. Parrish CAN actually make guys miss, if he gets the ball in space, and in stride. Unfortunately, with the Bills he is usually facing the QB when he gets the ball.

Remember who is special teams coach with Redsucks - Danny Smith who used to be Gregg's special teams coach. Being traded to Washington would not be good for Parrish.

Oh an last thing I heard Washington traded their 4th round pick to Jets.

don't the skins have randel-el (and santana moss, for that matter) to return punts?

FWIW, Roscoe will be 27 when the season starts, Moss and Randle El will be 30. Moss returned 6 punts last season, the first time he was a punt returner in 3 years. He's also their number one receiver. He's listed at 200 lbs so he's more of a Steve Smith clone...stronger and not as whispy as Roscoe. Randle El has averaged a very average 8.6 yards per punt return. Roscoe's lifetime average on punt returns is 14.0 yards.

Lets hope not. Hopefully a team that allegedly emphasizes special teams realizes the value #11 has. He impacted our games positively as much as anyone on the field. I do recall him not fielding a handful he should have fair caught.....but still. Dude consistently flipped the field for us. Several games we won he was pivotal in momentum and field position.

Only if he is part of a trade for another player at a more needed position would I be OK with this.

Good observation. I remember maybe 6-7 times he let the ball land and bounce for minus 10-20 yards but catching punts in The Ralph is very difficult and I don't really hold that against old Roscoe.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Dan Snyder. <_<

Yes, he's owned the team for ten years and in that time, despite spending crazy amounts of money, the Redskins have 7 more wins than the Bills in that time.

Cooley for Parish sounds good.

LOL. Yeah, as if...

I guess - I think it was Ross Tucker and his cohost reporting this was a deal they were hearing...

Well that puts a little meat on the bones.

Cooley for Parish sounds good.

I would be all for that too...of course, I think that the Bills would have to part with one of those fourth round draft picks too. I would make that deal as well...Parrish and a 4th, for Cooley!

Got to agree here. The guy gets 20yds every time he touches the ball and is threat to score. Now if only they use him in the slot like Welker is used he'd be deadly. Josh Reed is consistant, but not a break away threat like Parish could be.

He makes just over $4 million a year. Hardly a good price tag for a special teamer. I actually think its our scheme that sets up these great returns. Don't get me wrong, Parrish is a talented returner, but I am more than happy with Mckelvin returning punts and then be able to sign another FA or be able to trade for a Henderson or Waters.

He makes just over $4 million a year. Hardly a good price tag for a special teamer. I actually think its our scheme that sets up these great returns. Don't get me wrong, Parrish is a talented returner, but I am more than happy with Mckelvin returning punts and then be able to sign another FA or be able to trade for a Henderson or Waters.

Jesus Christ, do we have to go over this again and again??? He does not make over $4M/year!! Stop with the misinformation, people.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1392708

I agree that Roscoe has value as a special teams player and i don't like the idea of trading him for a 4th round pick, but the comparisons to Welker are ridiculous. In the 4 years that Parrish has been here has he shown any value as a receiver?

I agree that Roscoe has value as a special teams player and i don't like the idea of trading him for a 4th round pick, but the comparisons to Welker are ridiculous. In the 4 years that Parrish has been here has he shown any value as a receiver?

Jacksonville @ the Ralph, it was a warm day late in the season. Great game, we had to come back to finish them off at the end. Key Parrish catch on the sideline set up the winning field goal by Lindell. He may have returned a punt for a score that day too, maybe not. It was a huge catch though.

Lets hope not. Hopefully a team that allegedly emphasizes special teams realizes the value #11 has. He impacted our games positively as much as anyone on the field. I do recall him not fielding a handful he should have fair caught.....but still. Dude consistently flipped the field for us. Several games we won he was pivotal in momentum and field position.

Only if he is part of a trade for another player at a more needed position would I be OK with this.

He's the best in the NFL at his position (PR), I cannot believe that Bobby April would allow this to happen.