6 years 54 million dollars

How is everyone going to feel if he signs for LESS then the Bills final offer.

I myself will feel mighty good about the picks we got for him.....because we sure were not signing him.

If the Bills did offer 6/54m, and he said no, then there was no choice. Even though we have no idea how the deal was structured, you can be assured he was getting 30-35m in the first three years. He could have been worth it if he had sat out two weeks of camp last year as a protest and then come in and prepared to play.

If the Bills did offer 6/54m, and he said no, then there was no choice. Even though we have no idea how the deal was structured, you can be assured he was getting 30-35m in the first three years. He could have been worth it if he had sat out two weeks of camp last year as a protest and then come in and prepared to play.

Actually...this is a rumor of what the Eagles are going to sign him for.....our offer was MORE (I think)

I myself will feel mighty good about the picks we got for him.....because we sure were not signing him.

I won't believe that until I read it from the Eagles organization. But even if it is the actual figure, what does that prove? I have not heard Brandon come out and tell us he offered Peters 9 Million a year for 6 years. Plus, if I know the Wilson Bills, they were probably offering only a 3 or 4 year contract at 9 Mil per. And then you have to know the "cash to the cap" Bills were most likely offering less of a signing bonus then the Eagles end up giving him.

I don't know how accurate that is, but the same post and rumor said that the Bills did not ever offer over 8 mil a year.

I doubt either of those cases are true.

Michael Smith said on Tim's blog that the Eagles will make him the highest paid tackle in the game. Tim's other source said the offer with make Peters "quite happy". I tend to think it's 11+ but we will soon find out. It should be just over 10+, IMO. Just a little more than Gross got.

I wish that was the deal we could've signed him to and been done with it. But he obviously wanted out of here and was forcing us to pay a premium for him to play in Buffalo. I'm curious what it was that caused him to act so bizarre last offseason and want out of here as bad as he obviously did. Was it the losing? McNally gone? Overpaying for Walker and Dockery? All the above? It wasn't just the money, as we ultimately offered him more, if this report pans out.

I wish that was the deal we could've signed him to and been done with it. But he obviously wanted out of here and was forcing us to pay a premium for him to play in Buffalo. I'm curious what it was that caused him to act so bizarre last offseason and want out of here as bad as he obviously did. Was it the losing? McNally gone? Overpaying for Walker and Dockery? All the above? It wasn't just the money, as we ultimately offered him more, if this report pans out.

It might be all of the above, plus the Bills cutting Dockery, who I believe was the only player Peters had any contact with last off-season during his holdout. I've heard McNally leaving was hard for him.

Personally, the trade was worth it. Peters was terrible last year, and would have been terrible this year. He was not going to extend with us.

Because all players that have one poor season and who are disgruntled should be allowed to leave or traded

Signed,

Drew Brees

Because all players that have one poor season and who are disgruntled should be allowed to leave or traded

Signed,

Drew Brees

Horrible example. Brees was allowed to hit FA because the Chargers gave up on him (couldn't blame them at the time) and drafted Phillip Rivers the draft before Brees had a breakout season. And then he severely injured his throwing shoulder, casting doubt on his future.

After being subjected to the "hard ball" lesson and essentially getting a big "F U!" last year, it's likely Peters wanted out of Buffalo and his demands were over the top to precipitate just such a trade. How do I feel about it? I'm glad for him. He gets out of NFL Siberia, gets a contract more inline with his value, gets respected, and joins a playoff caliber team. As far as the Bills, it's just another mark in the sordid 50 year history of the Bills front office, Blunders 'R Us. Sticking it to your best player at one of the more valued positions coming off his best season in this day and age of free agency is something a joke organization does, with a complete lack of understanding about how to attract and keep elite players.

Maybe the Bills weren't offering that kind of a package.

Maybe the Bills weren't offering that kind of a package.

Again, the same rumor on the other board said that the Bills never went over 8 million.

Not that I really believe either of those rumors, unless he gets 35 mil guaranteed.

Eagles Peters close to 6 year 54 million deal. Reported by Sal Palantino on ESPN radio. I heard it on my car ride he also said the he has heard the Bills were not willing to go over 8 per

After being subjected to the "hard ball" lesson and essentially getting a big "F U!" last year, it's likely Peters wanted out of Buffalo and his demands were over the top to precipitate just such a trade. How do I feel about it? I'm glad for him. He gets out of NFL Siberia, gets a contract more inline with his value, gets respected, and joins a playoff caliber team. As far as the Bills, it's just another mark in the sordid 50 year history of the Bills front office, Blunders 'R Us. Sticking it to your best player at one of the more valued positions coming off his best season in this day and age of free agency is something a joke organization does, with a complete lack of understanding about how to attract and keep elite players.

Hear Hear! And the fans of the Denver Broncos join in the chorus as they help pack Jay Cutler's bags.

Gimme a break. You act as though this is the only organization that makes unpopular choices. Stop it. Jesus, just stop it.

Link? Not saying I doubt you but a lot of BS flys around the internet. And if it's true, than i don't see how anyone could question the Bilsl at all. He didn't simply want to be here and they got a great package for a malcontent. But let's ee the numbers first.