Value of our picks

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

If you package the #11 and #28, you get a total of 1,910. Which is just under the #3 overall pick and more than the 4th.

If KC or Seattle wanted to pull the trigger, we could land either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe (as St. Louis is expected to take one of them).

For it or against it?

If you package the #11 and #28, you get a total of 1,910. Which is just under the #3 overall pick and more than the 4th.

If KC or Seattle wanted to pull the trigger, we could land either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe (as St. Louis is expected to take one of them).

For it or against it?

Good post, very interesting, and they should consider it. The irony: they'll end up paying Monroe or Smith close to what Peters was asking for, plus they've lost out on having the 11th pick for a passrusher.

Remember that a great number of teams re-vamped the value chart last year to more accurately reflect the gobs of guaranteed money that a team must commit to a high pick...here's the re-vamped chart (per PFT):

1 2,000

2 1,900

3 1,825

4 1,750

5 1,675

6 1,635

7 1,570

8 1,505

9 1,440

10 1,375

11 1,320

12 1,275

13 1,230

14 1,185

15 1,140

16 1,110

17 1,070

18 1,040

19 1,010

20  980

21  945

22  920

23  895

24  870

25  845

26  820

27  795

28  770

29  745

30  720

31  695

32  670

That draft chart is worthless nowadays. No one wants top 5 picks anymore - there's a reason teams can't trade out of those spots. It's just amazing to me that an organization like the NFL has such a huge fundamental flaw in the most important aspect of funneling talent into their league. It's almost beyond comprehension.

For it or against it?

So we trade Peters and the 11th pick for a player who might someday be Peters?

We have WAY too many holes to give up ANY picks. We need to get more. I would even consider trading back out of 11 to gain extra picks. I think that's the way to go

Totally agree. To salvage this situation we would hopefully find a trade partner to trade down in the first and pick up one more early-mid round pick.

I think Peters isn't going to live up to the money he gets in Philly. I think we will end up getting the better of this deal, even though it's only a 1st, 4th, and a pick next year.

We have WAY too many holes to give up ANY picks. We need to get more. I would even consider trading back out of 11 to gain extra picks. I think that's the way to go

Also agree.

I'm not terribly convinced about Andre Smith, either. Seems like he's got issues off the field to me. We have enough of that these days.

That draft chart is worthless nowadays. No one wants top 5 picks anymore - there's a reason teams can't trade out of those spots. It's just amazing to me that an organization like the NFL has such a huge fundamental flaw in the most important aspect of funneling talent into their league. It's almost beyond comprehension.

No it's not worthless. But it's value is questionable. It is still used as the starting point for trade discussions.

against it. there have been reports that every single team that has a top ten pick has been trying to trade out of it because the value is basically flat with the first 20 prospects. Who knows how true that report is, but it doesn't seem far fetched considering the state of rookie contracts.

For it or against it?

100% for it, but it won't happen.