Sources: Peters to Eagles for three picks

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to watch Peters get destroyed against the NYG twice a year. Then sprinkle in a little Dallas 3-4 pass rush a couple of times. Sorry Jason the probowl handouts are over.

You might want to watch how Peters dominated the Giants when we played them. The whole game turned on us after he got hurt.

I could not disagree more. It would have taken both of their picks in the first round for the Eagles to even have a chance at draft one of the top UNPROVEN left tackles in the draft.

We got hosed.

apparently you didn't watch him turn into Rueben Brown last year

PURE HORRIBLE PLAY.........he had one good year

We lost a LT who screwed us last year, was unhappy, no dedication to team.. statistically among the worst LT in sacks allowed. Many false starts, holding calls . . He was a FA pick up right ? ...so from nothing we got 3 good picks . I applaud the Bills for this move. They offered him good money but I wouldn't throw the bank at him with the stunt he pulled on the team last year.

You might want to watch how Peters dominated the Giants when we played them. The whole game turned on us after he got hurt.

Yep, Peters single-handedly shut down Osi Umeyoria. Umeyoria could not function against Peters. Then Peters got hurt, Umeyora dominated, we folded and the NYG went on to win the super bowl.

WTF????

This IS a kick in the nuts. <_<

Everyone else in the NFL seems to understand that the two building blocks to an NFL team are A QB and an LT.

We have a young, All-Pro LT that we were fortunate enough to stumble upon(remember----we cut him initially)

and we dump him for as 28TH Pick, a 4rth rounder and a conditional pick????

All of you draft weasels can unite at the excitement of the extra picks,

I can't believe anyone who understands the game of football can think this move helps move the Bills in the direction of building a winning team.

LMFAO....they didn't even give the Bills the better of their two first round picks!

The "boy" GM got hosed.

Stop it already! Boy-Brandon did not get hosed. This was a damn salary dump. Don't blame the Eagles for "only" giving the Bills one 1st round draft pick, thank them for it! Give Brandon a pat on the back for getting a 1st round pick back for trading a player only because you are too cheap to pay him what he is worth. Now watch how much money the Eagles pay this kid, after giving up a first round pick for him. 11 Million per season, perhaps??

The entire inner-circle jerks hosed we fans by not paying Peters and trading him in the first place. You are 100% right on that point.

i've been embarassed to be a Bills fan for about 10 years. Today is just another great example.....Thanks for TO, good luck to Trent in trying to get the ball to him...And how do you not get the 20th pick from Philly? No clue as usual on One Bills Dr

This is awful, simply awful. Who the F--- is going to play LT now? How about LG? You finally find a pro bowl LT after searching since 1993 (wil Wolford) and now this is how you treat the man? This organization is completely ridiculous. Yeah, we saved $1.5 million, cash to cap wahhhh!!!! We have draft picks!!! Wahhh....friggin ridiculous.

This is the first day in my 33 years of life I can honestly say I am friggin embarassed to be a Bills fan!

Considering he was undrafted we got 3 picks including a first!!! Hello!!!

Good point. If this was a business (which it is really) then i would say the Bills got a very good return on their investment. And as people are saying the Bills were 7-9 the last two years with Peters at LT. The Bills watched how the line played good last year w/o Peters in there. The Bills also are pretty high on Bell. Not saying he is your starting LT next year, but he will be put on the spot to perform at RT or LG. The Bills will now definetly take two lineman with there first four picks. Then D front seven with the other two. Heck this also gives the Bills time to wheel and deal the 11th to any of those teams that want a qb, if Sanchez or Stafford are still there for some reason.

I would have been happier with just the 21st pick instead of the 28th and the other two, but if the Bills were convinced it was time to move on(they weren't going to deal with his bs anymore) and this was the best deal they could get, then so be it.

Yep, Peters single-handedly shut down Osi Umeyoria. Umeyoria could not function against Peters. Then Peters got hurt, Umeyora dominated, we folded and the NYG went on to win the super bowl.

Yeah,that shows the athletic ability Peters has. Problem is he doesn't have the work ethic and desire to match. He will always show flashses but never live up to his potential long-term IMO.

WTF????

This IS a kick in the nuts. :wallbash:

Everyone else in the NFL seems to understand that the two building blocks to an NFL team are A QB and an LT.

We have a young, All-Pro LT that we were fortunate enough to stumble upon(remember----we cut him initially)

and we dump him for as 28TH Pick, a 4rth rounder and a conditional pick????

All of you draft weasels can unite at the excitement of the extra picks,

I can't believe anyone who understands the game of football can think this move helps move the Bills in the direction of building a winning team.

LMFAO....they didn't even give the Bills the better of their two first round picks!

The "boy" GM got hosed.

So you would have rather just paid the guy that burned his team LAST year and the guy that still have two years on his contract who would have probably sat out even though the Bills were offering him around $9 million a year? Makes sense to me. And people thought T.O. was a cancer.

Well Cinci, that would mean (among other things) that they would potentially lose the opportunity to fill two needs and only fill one need instead. And moving up would reduce the amount of money they would "save" by trading Peters.

We just created another need that we have to fill. So at #11 we take a tackle? And at #28 we take Pettigrew? So we won't draft a pass rusher till #42?

Like I said earlier, I'm disappointed in the compensation.

All so. But the 32 teams have but 32 owners - somewhat different for GB - and having an owner convinced that each of his picks are the "one" has played on through the years.

I never discount the egoism of any member of the Gang of 32 - they enjoy the advantage of wealth; obviously none lack for material goods, and have a half-billion asset if they care to venture into any credit market. They can be as capricious as they like.

And even if they err, they still get the fun of using their personal prerogatives, with little danger of hurting themselfs on the bottom line.