Donte Whitner's facebook status

See, this never happens to guys like Lee Evans because when the police tell him to "freeze", he does. Wait a minute... he has more money than Donte. :thumbsup:

It's one thing to make a mistake, but when you make a mistake and then irrationally blame someone else, it's demonstrates irresponsibility.

I won't put it "all" on the coach, but I think that Jauron's laid back attitude does contribute to the spike in off field incidents. His mister nice guy approach might actully work with some players and maybe even motivate them. I don't know; perhaps Trent Edwards is a guy who would respond well to this. He seems to really like Jauron. But, human nature being what it is, others will take advantage.

In these times, the disciplinarian stance is probably much harder to invoke these days. That said, I do wonder in terms of numbers how many off field incidents coaches such as Schottenheimer and Parcells were subject to. I know that Jumbo Elliot was always a problem, but do you see where I am going?

I am guessing that Jauron himself would take some responsibility. What do you think?

None of it goes to the coach IMO. DJ is his football coach, not his "life coach" or "social skills coach" and he is not the little angel on his shoulder. This is the off season as well. If the actions the police took were indeed called for, then Donte is 100% responsible. Hell, I'm sure DJ would probably take some of the blame knowing how he at times takes the fall for his players but he would be wrong to do so. I know of your disdain for DJ but lets not stretch this too far here. :-)

This is the direct quote.

Some 50 people who responded. One critical.

Judging by the spelling and grammar, I think he may post here, too. But, honestly, we shouldn't judge a Facebook entry as we do formal writing. The language, style, etc. are meant to be more conversational and relatable to his friends and fans.

As for the content of this post, I can't believe most here won't even consider the possibility that he is right, in this instance.

Judging by the spelling and grammar, I think he may post here, too. But, honestly, we shouldn't judge a Facebook entry as we do formal writing. The language, style, etc. are meant to be more conversational and relatable to his friends and fans.

As for the content of this post, I can't believe most here won't even consider the possibility that he is right, in this instance.

No Dean, that possibility doesn't exist, because those crucifying him were obviously there in Cleveland at the time the incident went down and know completely what Donte's and the police's actions were.

Because in the history of time, police have NEVER overreacted in a tense situation or never targeted a person because of the color of their skin....

He is the only person that I have ever taken off of my facebook and it had nothing to do with the incident. I did it months ago.

I was tired of every three hour updates like this

I woke up this am and went huh

or Blocka blcoka cockba

You would then have 90 nut grabbers saying it over and stating how awesome Donte is.

I won't put it "all" on the coach, but I think that Jauron's laid back attitude does contribute to the spike in off field incidents. His mister nice guy approach might actully work with some players and maybe even motivate them. I don't know; perhaps Trent Edwards is a guy who would respond well to this. He seems to really like Jauron. But, human nature being what it is, others will take advantage.

In these times, the disciplinarian stance is probably much harder to invoke these days. That said, I do wonder in terms of numbers how many off field incidents coaches such as Schottenheimer and Parcells were subject to. I know that Jumbo Elliot was always a problem, but do you see where I am going?

I am guessing that Jauron himself would take some responsibility. What do you think?

Does your boss at work take responsibility for you when you are out at the club with all your buddies?

I think Donte's a little naive in all this, but for the bashing he's taking from fans on facebook, it's uncalled for. All did was get disorderly conduct, but the bashing on his wall, you would think he did some far worse.

Since when was he found guilty of disorderly conduct? I believe in innocent until PROVEN guilty, don't you? As far as I'm concerned, he's done nothing wrong and the charges are baseless until a jury decides otherwise.

I think it was an unfortunate incident. I heard from a friend that Donte's cousin was in the riot scene at the time and he was trying to get to him. The police ordered him to stop but he didn't, so they put him down. Now I don't know if it was racially motivated or his money, I would give the police the benefit of the doubt. But police over using their power or wrong judgement is normal. I remember not too long ago a cop prevent a person from see his mother when she was dying. I think the cop was fired after the police department got all the facts. So you should never pass judgement unless you get all the facts.

As far as being in the wrong place the wrong time, it was supposed to be a birthday party for Ted Ginn Jr. I would not consider going to a birthday party a "wrong place". It was just unfortunate that a riot broke out.

Anyone from Cleveland know anything else about this incident besides Donte got arrested? A riot broke out you would think he could hear about it. Anyone else got arrested? How did it get started? Or do we not care?

One thing is unclear in his post is whether he's referring to the police actions in the altercations or to the fandom's subsequent reactions and the messages he's received since the incident.

If it's the former, he may be ridiculous. If it's the latter, he may be on target.

I am getting frustrated with the Bills sarting to look like the Bengals, but you have to look at each player and situation on it's own.

You can argue that a positive character attribute in Whitner led him to do something beyond acceptable. He was protecting his family at all costs. He didn't care who said what, or what they did to him....he was going to protect his family. With the leadership role he has taken on and the honesty he has shown the past few years.....I consider this a non-issue. I trust the guy's intentions. Just a few days earlier he was on a Telethon for Kids, spotaneously auctioning off things for charity...like a day in a suite with his family for a game. He gets it.....he knows what it takes to be a stand up guy, and it so happened he crossed the line by dealing with the cops like that. I would respect him even more if he shut his trap now and pulled a "yes Sir"...becauses it would be in the best interests of everyone at this point.

To me there is a huge difference between a story like this, and a story like Hardy's where it is just the opposite.

No Dean, that possibility doesn't exist, because those crucifying him were obviously there in Cleveland at the time the incident went down and know completely what Donte's and the police's actions were.

Because in the history of time, police have NEVER overreacted in a tense situation or never targeted a person because of the color of their skin....

Donte has decided that the corrupt cops motives weren't racially charged. He seems to think, he was targeted because of his car and bank account. I'm not sure if the cops knew his bank account, when they tasered him. Perhaps, he left some bank slips on the ground near his expensive car in the parking lot. We can't be sure that the cops didn't look through the parking lot prior to responding to the riot. Afterall they had to find the most expensive car in the parking lot, in order to target the right guy. Once this car was discovered, it has to be linked to the correct baller in the riot. This is the tough part. Donte was only wearing jeans and a t-shirt that night, so he doesn't exactly fit the rich guy look. I'm guessing that an undercover corrupt cop, had to infiltrate the riot/birthday party, and figure out who the car belonged to. Once the owner of the vehicle was determined. An all white, redneck looking group of cops, kicked the door down and tased Donte. Mission accomplished.

This is going to be a slam dunk of a case. Has anyone heard about Donte pressing charges yet? The club had to be filled with cameras and video phones. I would guess a few hundred, witnessed this police brutality. It's going to be one hell of court case. <_<

Since when was he found guilty of disorderly conduct? I believe in innocent until PROVEN guilty, don't you? As far as I'm concerned, he's done nothing wrong and the charges are baseless until a jury decides otherwise.

That's what I'm saying, he's being CHARGED with disorderly conduct, but he hasn't been convicted or anything yet. A lot of people just go ahead and plead guilty with similar charges because of the costs and how normal it is. Donte's in an interesting spot because he has the money to really take this to court if he feels and it won't really affect him.

Again, in any form, anything that happens doesn't equate him getting bashed the way some numbskull fans are doing.