Taxes - Just filed

mead107

Dont know that either, Mr. smarty pants. I'm waiting to hear from the (*^*&%^$^#thats been doing the tax work for me the last freakin 20 years, snaperhead.

Let me get this straight, you have no clue if you owe or are getting a refund on the 14th of April and this guy's been doing your taxes for 20 years. And you call me a snapper head.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK then dipshit, if you're getting money back what the hell you need a extension for? And if you owe you get dinged for late payment. Stop posting on a !@#$ing message board and get your taxes done.

Actually 99% of the people don't know that Jimbo... Last year I was getting back a whopping $19, I did those bitches in July.

Actually 99% of the people don't know that Jimbo... Last year I was getting back a whopping $19, I did those bitches in July.

I don't get the rationale for waiting. Is it laziness? So it's only $19 bucks. !@#$ the government, I want my !@#$ing $19 back.

And 99% of the people don't know what?

Let me get this straight, you have no clue if you owe or are getting a refund on the 14th of April and this guy's been doing your taxes for 20 years. And you call me a snapper head.

You use to be a chef, I thought snaperhead was as funny as dipshit. ;)

Its complicated, But I can look on the bright side, I may know tomorrow. :devil:

I don't get the rationale for waiting. Is it laziness? So it's only $19 bucks. !@#$ the government, I want my !@#$ing $19 back.

And 99% of the people don't know what?

Yeah pretty much, the $19 didn't motivate me enough to spend the 30 minutes it takes to do my taxes....my time is worth more than $38 an hour, or so I think. A lot of People don't realize that you don't need to file an extension if the govt owes you money. Everybody acts like the IRS is going to come get them on April 16th if they don't have there taxes in. I had a friend who was going to pay me $50 to do his last night, he was flipping out and it turns out he's getting back $500. He still doesn't believe me that you don't have to do them by the 15th. I told him I was too busy but would do them this weekend and he said no and took them to H&R block and spent $130! He could have easily have used turbo tax and done them whenever he wanted for free.

Yeah pretty much, the $19 didn't motivate me enough to spend the 30 minutes it takes to do my taxes....my time is worth more than $38 an hour, or so I think. A lot of People don't realize that you don't need to file an extension if the govt owes you money. Everybody acts like the IRS is going to come get them on April 16th if they don't have there taxes in. I had a friend who was going to pay me $50 to do his last night, he was flipping out and it turns out he's getting back $500. He still doesn't believe me that you don't have to do them by the 15th. I told him I was too busy but would do them this weekend and he said no and took them to H&R block and spent $130! He could have easily have used turbo tax and done them whenever he wanted for free.

Years ago, back when I was young and stupid, I was going through some turmoil in my life and ended up not filing my returns, and when it got to be like a year later and on the verge of being late with the next year's returns, I ended up packing up all the paperwork I could find for both years and dumped it all on some poor H&R Block guy's desk and begged him "please fix this". I was sure I was going to be sent to Leavenworth or something.

The upshot? After all penalties, etc., the Gov (Fed + State combined; forget the breakdown) ended up owing me a few hundred bucks. :devil:

Nowadays I use TurboTax/efile, and get my refunds direct deposited in 10 days max.

Mine being sent tomorrow, and if this is what I owe under the old taxes, lordy what is Obama's plan going to do to me. Stroked a check that is just killing me. Ah, but i guess that is offset by the gains in my house and stocks. Or, I guess that $10.40 cent discount that wine.com is offering today is big bandaid as well!

BTW, i am pretty sure you need to file an extension either way, but I may be wrong.

Also, be careful assuming you can efile. Doesn't take much for you to get a "your return cannot be filed electronically" message. I haven't been able to file electronically for several years as I am prolly one of the few idiots that pays their nanny above the table and therefore has a household employee.

I owe less than a thousand...which is just the way I like it: not giving the irresponsible government any more than I have to through the year, and no underpayment penalties or surprisingly large tax bills come April (like a few years ago, when my wife raised her withholding to fifteen in 2004, and I was then surprised by a twelve thousand dollar tax underpayment.)

You can't file an extension for payment.

Of course you CAN, you aren't supposed to. Claim 0 owed, do your taxes when you get to them, if you owe, you pay the small fine...maybe.

No biggie. I've done it several times myself, in the past.

I owe less than a thousand...which is just the way I like it: not giving the irresponsible government any more than I have to through the year, and no underpayment penalties or surprisingly large tax bills come April (like a few years ago, when my wife raised her withholding to fifteen in 2004, and I was then surprised by a twelve thousand dollar tax underpayment.)
:rolleyes:

People who brag about big refunds just don't get what that means-it means they're not taking home enough on payday & need to adjust their witholdings. Even better are the ones who think that what they pay on their return is what their tax bill is. My sister & I both had to pay big this year because we inherited an IRA distribution (we both chose not to do the stuff necessary to defer the taxes for a variety of good reasons that are irrelevant in this post) and when she asked me how much I was paying on my tax return I had to explain that my payment was a result of how much I earned, how much was withheld and how much I still owed and that we couldn't compare what we paid unless we looked at the what we both made & the totals including payments & withholdings.

:rolleyes:

People who brag about big refunds just don't get what that means-it means they're not taking home enough on payday & need to adjust their witholdings. Even better are the ones who think that what they pay on their return is what their tax bill is. My sister & I both had to pay big this year because we inherited an IRA distribution (we both chose not to do the stuff necessary to defer the taxes for a variety of good reasons that are irrelevant in this post) and when she asked me how much I was paying on my tax return I had to explain that my payment was a result of how much I earned, how much was withheld and how much I still owed and that we couldn't compare what we paid unless we looked at the what we both made & the totals including payments & withholdings.

Or, what really bugs me: People who treat their refund as some sort of windfall income they weren't expecting. Hello? It's not a windfall, it's a repayment of the interest-free loan you made to the government. :censored:

Most Americans are about as financially savvy as a houseplant.

Or, what really bugs me: People who treat their refund as some sort of windfall income they weren't expecting. Hello? It's not a windfall, it's a repayment of the interest-free loan you made to the government. :rolleyes:

I have been digging around tax law all day and they get 5% a MONTH if you're late. On a more positive note, I called IRS twice today and they both spoke English.

Or, what really bugs me: People who treat their refund as some sort of windfall income they weren't expecting. Hello? It's not a windfall, it's a repayment of the interest-free loan you made to the government. :rolleyes:

If I knew more than a houseplant, I'd be ecstatic :censored:

I have been digging around tax law all day and they get 5% a MONTH if you're late. On a more positive note, I called IRS twice today and they both spoke English.

I know this is contrary to what most believe, but I have had to deal with the IRS quite a bit over the last 7 years or so, and I have always found them to be suprisingly cooperative and willing to hear my side of the story on things. Yes, the wait time can be maddening sometime to speak to an agent, but i just dial em, put it on speaker and do some work while waiting.

Once on the phone with an agent, it has a much better custsomer experience than 80% of the companies I work with. They actually listen to what I say, if they do not know an answer they find out right there and then, and are willing to compromise to get situations taken care of.

I will always tell people who owe back taxes etc, call them up, ask to work with them, and you would be surprised on what you can accomplish