Friendship question . . .

BuffaloBud

More info is needed.

It all depends on what the discussion was about. If you were debating politics, it might be worth apologizing for being a douche and leaving. If you were discussing the fact that he flys a Dolphins flag on gameday, you may need to buy a pistol.

**** If he was trying to talk you into filming a threeway between he and both of your wives, I'd agree but end up only filming the women.

I need some advice from the frequent "advisors" of the board.

I was at my neighbors last night for dinner. The two couples are very good friends. He and I got in a what I will call a elevated (heated?) discussion of which we were seeing opposite viewpoints. Rather than making things worse I thanked them for the dinner invite, wished them a good night, and left.

So that I do not harm our friendship any further, what course of action should I take in apologizing for my actions / viewpoints?

(I know that I am going to get some smart alec responses on this so bring them on.)

I would just say that you wanted to apologize about the other night and that you wanted to leave before anything got said that would interfere with your friendship.

If that doesn't work, kick him in the nuts and run away.

Anything in particular?

All - thanks for the suggestions / comments / yuks. Plan on going to their house and saying that we should agree to disagree.

You're going to buy a dude a bottle of wine to say you're sorry? Are you going to spoon afterwards are tell each other how much you mean to each other?

Buy booze or beer.

Anything in particular?

All - thanks for the suggestions / comments / yuks. Plan on going to their house and saying that we should agree to disagree.

Take the wine with you . Chardonnay will do . one on the oaky side .

The passion with which you say you argued your point, compounded with the dramatic way you fled the scene, indicates that there is more to this situation than is immediately apparent. I think the next step for you is to make your romantic love for your friend known to him. If he reciprocates, then you may begin to arrange your wonderful new life together. If not, you will simply live out your pathetic remaining years in crippling shame. ;)

Seriously though: Bring him a 6 pack (or something comparable) and say "Sorry I got a little worked up the other night. No hard feelings." I'd be very surprised if anything more than that is required (that is, unless your argument happened to be about the quality of his wife's bj's.)

:devil:

After reading all the "suggestions" I still think face-to-face, man-to-man (or woman) is the way to go. Notes are a little too formal for this, I think, and make it seem like more of an issue than you probably want. A note can't answer questions, shake a hand, buy a beer, etc. Suck it up!

You're going to buy a dude a bottle of wine to say you're sorry? Are you going to spoon afterwards are tell each other how much you mean to each other?

Buy booze or beer.

Nooo. That particular response was for Mead. I was trying to lighten my own mood.

:censored:

After reading all the "suggestions" I still think face-to-face, man-to-man (or woman) is the way to go. Notes are a little too formal for this, I think, and make it seem like more of an issue than you probably want. A note can't answer questions, shake a hand, buy a beer, etc. Suck it up!

So your answer to the previous post about wives giving BJ's makes you post a :censored: Then at the end of your post you tell him to "Suck it up!" :rolleyes:

Dr.Freud, paging Dr. Freud!

So that I do not harm our friendship any further, what course of action should I take in apologizing for my actions / viewpoints?

(I know that I am going to get some smart alec responses on this so bring them on.)

No need to apologize for your viewpoint if you have valid reasons to stick by them. If these viewpoints 'developed' due to any alcohol consumption and you now think otherwise, then perhaps an apology is in order. I think it is more relevant to apologize for your actions. Call him up, say you are sorry and invite them over soon to kiss (his wife*) and make-up.

* sorry couldn't avoid.