Whos going to the draft?

mrags

Hello everyone,

Its less than 2 weeks away from the draft and Im just trying to find out who else is heading up to NYC. Im heading up there on Friday night and my plane comes in about 8pm (ish). Im thinking it would be a great idea to get a good group of as many as possible to wait in line Friday night, and group up during the draft. If your going and would like to get together to kill time in line on Friday night let me know. Reply on here, or with your contact info in a PM and ill get a hold of you via email or phone.

I'll be here:

NYCBBB's EIGHTH Annual Draft Party will be held on Saturday, April 25th at McFadden's. Like last year, the draft begins at 3pm and McFadden's will run the following specials from 1-8pm:

$35 - All the draft beer you can drink and wings you can eat

$25 - All the Bud/Bud Lite draft you can drink and wings you can eat

$20 - All the pop you can drink and wings you can eat

$1 off all mixed drinks

I'll be here:

NYCBBB's EIGHTH Annual Draft Party will be held on Saturday, April 25th at McFadden's. Like last year, the draft begins at 3pm and McFadden's will run the following specials from 1-8pm:

$1 off all mixed drinks

They would lose money on me. :devil:

I'll be here:

$1 off all mixed drinks

damn that sounds pretty good. I was actually planning on going to the draft with some people from work, but I might just forget that and go to McFaddens.

MarkVadder50

Cash

Billsfans126

I know the 3 of you in the past have said that you may be going. Where are you guys?

I am here, and yes I am going to be at the draft. I'm still waiting for my ticket to arrive. My flight arrives in Long Island at 5:30pm, then I will be taking the train to Penn Station. I've got a couple friends meeting me at Radio City on Friday night. If there is anyway we can meet up before Saturday it would be great. Getting a group together will be a big help.

damn that sounds pretty good. I was actually planning on going to the draft with some people from work, but I might just forget that and go to McFaddens.

We pack the bar with 100+ Bills fans....its a wild afternoon.

I've heard that you're draft party is great. Is Pinto Kenny coming for the party?

We never know, he usually just shows up.

He used to stay at the Draft for the whole first day, now he usually leaves after the first pick and runs over to join us.

I would, seeing as I'm already in NYC, but don't draft tickets usually go for about $800+?

Draft tickets are free, but the seating is "extremely limited," meaning plan to camp out overnight (I believe you can get there as early as 10:00pm the night before. Don't forget, the Draft starts at 4:00pm now :lol::P because that ass-clown Goddell wants better ratings.

I am here, and yes I am going to be at the draft. I'm still waiting for my ticket to arrive.

Ditto. I think the confirmation form for the ticket said that it would be mailed 10 days before the draft, so they should arrive soon.

My flight arrives in Long Island at 5:30pm, then I will be taking the train to Penn Station. I've got a couple friends meeting me at Radio City on Friday night. If there is anyway we can meet up before Saturday it would be great. Getting a group together will be a big help.

I'll be getting in Friday evening as well, though I'm not sure when yet. I'm definitely down for meeting up. PM me for contact info.

Also, for anyone attending the draft, the NFL finally released their official guidelines for this year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Note that this year's draft starts at 4 PM, not 3 PM like last year.

My wife and I will also be attending the draft. We will be driving into NYC on Friday afternoon and have a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night. I would be happy to sign up for a shift in line if it will ensure that she and I get in on day 1.

Based on reading the guidelines, it sounds like it may be a necessity to be in line the night before, as opposed to early in the morning of day 1 as I have heard is the norm. Anybody have any other insight on this?

We will be meeting up with MarkVadder50 on Friday night when he comes into town, and I would love to meet with as many Bills fans as possible Friday to coordinate our Radio City Music Hall presence.

Feel free to PM me to exchange contact info so we can ensure we get together.

I guess I'll be going then haha. Me and my roommate (the Jets fan) and girlfriend (the Pats* fan...FML) were thinking of going, but when we saw tickets running for about $800 on ticketmaster, we bailed on the idea.

Now it looks like it's going to happen. I'll see all y'all in line Friday night it looks like.

I've got my tickets to the draft party at the Ralph and I'm pretty sure I'll be there, barring any unforseen problems with my schedule.

What Club are your draft tickets for? TSW will have its own draft table in the Paul McGuire Club. Join us if you want.

This goes for anyone else here who would like to join in our draft discussions

What Club are your draft tickets for? TSW will have its own draft table in the Paul McGuire Club. Join us if you want.

This goes for anyone else here who would like to join in our draft discussions

Sure -- hide out on the other side, where us commoners can't get to you ... :rolleyes:

Giving this thread another bump!

I sent my contact information to Cash, Chums, Billsfans126, Devldog, and MarkVaderr50. If you didnt receive it let me know.

If anyone else is going to the draft and wants to meet up feel free to msg me your contact information and Ill try and set something up so that we can meet up before the long wait in line Friday night.

Don't forget, the Draft starts at 4:00pm now <_<:o because that ass-clown Goddell wants better ratings.

What?? Really?? I had no idea; thanks for the heads up; I would have been pissed sitting in front of the TV at noon on draft day.

I will be there.....I will be the guy with the Raiders jersey and Darth Vader mask on...I go by the name of dipshit...so just call out to me when you see me! See ya then!

I will be there.....I will be the guy with the Raiders jersey and Darth Vader mask on...I go by the name of dipshit...so just call out to me when you see me! See ya then!

So you want me to do what I normally do at any other Raiders game I've been to?

I went 2 yrs ago when we picked Lynch. It was great fun. Got one of the last tickets and sat in the very back row of the balcony. I don't think there are any bad seats, but, by the second round we were able to move closer. This year is going to be hard. I'm going camping in the mountains and may not have any way to find out our picks until I get home on Sunday.

My wife and I will also be attending the draft. We will be driving into NYC on Friday afternoon and have a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night. I would be happy to sign up for a shift in line if it will ensure that she and I get in on day 1.

Based on reading the guidelines, it sounds like it may be a necessity to be in line the night before, as opposed to early in the morning of day 1 as I have heard is the norm. Anybody have any other insight on this?

We will be meeting up with MarkVadder50 on Friday night when he comes into town, and I would love to meet with as many Bills fans as possible Friday to coordinate our Radio City Music Hall presence.

Feel free to PM me to exchange contact info so we can ensure we get together.

Go early! When we went, we got there at around 5AM and there was already a massive line stretching around 3 blocks. We would have been out of luck and been turned away if there hadn't been a mad rush when the lines moved from one starting place to another. Everyone started running around the 3 blocks and in the process, it was total chaos. We ended up a little further ahead in line. As it turned out, we were one of the last people to get a ticket. If you are going to stand in line for several hours anyway, you might as well stand a few more and be sure to get a ticket.

Go early! When we went, we got there at around 5AM and there was already a massive line stretching around 3 blocks. We would have been out of luck and been turned away if there hadn't been a mad rush when the lines moved from one starting place to another. Everyone started running around the 3 blocks and in the process, it was total chaos. We ended up a little further ahead in line. As it turned out, we were one of the last people to get a ticket. If you are going to stand in line for several hours anyway, you might as well stand a few more and be sure to get a ticket.

Dont they give out the wristbands now to ensure you will get in? just a matter of how far back you will be sitting?

Dont they give out the wristbands now to ensure you will get in? just a matter of how far back you will be sitting?

Here is what the NFL released on attending the Draft.

Day 1 procedures (April 25)

All persons wishing to attend the draft can line up beginning at 10:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24 on the 50th Street side of Radio City Music Hall. Wristbands to secure a ticket for entry into the draft will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning at midnight on Saturday, April 25. All persons wishing to attend the draft must be present in order to receive a wristband. No exceptions will be made.

Fans who receive wristbands may line up for entry into Radio City Music Hall beginning at 2:00 p.m., with doors opening at 2:45 p.m. Fan entry will take place at the "Carriage Door Entrance," located on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.

Fans in attendance will be a part of the NFL Network and ESPN live television audiences.

Here is the link to read the entire article. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Just got my ticket! Row E, Seat 703. And it's apparently a "VIP" ticket, which, near as I can tell, only means that I'm allowed to use a different entrance from all of you scrubs.

The letter that came with the ticket had some big news for anyone planning to attend Day Two:

"This year will conclude any additional members to the Day 2 Diehard program, yet its legacy will remain with us as long as you do. Enclosed, along with your ticket to Day One, you will find a credit card size credential with your name and barcode. This is your entry to Day Two (Credential is for entry on Day 2 only). The procedures for the Diehards have not changed. You will need to have this credential scanned by Radio City Personnel on Sunday prior to the start of the Draft upon entry. At the conclusion of the Draft you will need to hand in your credential to NFL personnel as you exit (similar to years past with the contact information form). Only one credential per person will be accepted upon exiting. This card is not replaceable under any circumstance, so please do not lose it. If you leave prior to the conclusion of the Draft or decide not to attend in future years, your card becomes invalid and you will no longer be a Day 2 Diehard."

(All emphasis theirs, not mine.)

So those of us who got in last year are grandfathered in, but only for as long as we keep up the streak, and there's no future benefits to staying for all of Day 2. On the plus side, this should mean (in future years) that more tickets are available for Day 1, so you probably won't need to line up quite as early. I'm just glad that the first year I attended the draft was also the year where I could get grandfathered in. I'm never giving up my Diehard status!

Just got my ticket! Row E, Seat 703. And it's apparently a "VIP" ticket, which, near as I can tell, only means that I'm allowed to use a different entrance from all of you scrubs.

The letter that came with the ticket had some big news for anyone planning to attend Day Two:

"This year will conclude any additional members to the Day 2 Diehard program, yet its legacy will remain with us as long as you do. Enclosed, along with your ticket to Day One, you will find a credit card size credential with your name and barcode. This is your entry to Day Two (Credential is for entry on Day 2 only). The procedures for the Diehards have not changed. You will need to have this credential scanned by Radio City Personnel on Sunday prior to the start of the Draft upon entry. At the conclusion of the Draft you will need to hand in your credential to NFL personnel as you exit (similar to years past with the contact information form). Only one credential per person will be accepted upon exiting. This card is not replaceable under any circumstance, so please do not lose it. If you leave prior to the conclusion of the Draft or decide not to attend in future years, your card becomes invalid and you will no longer be a Day 2 Diehard."

(All emphasis theirs, not mine.)

So those of us who got in last year are grandfathered in, but only for as long as we keep up the streak, and there's no future benefits to staying for all of Day 2. On the plus side, this should mean (in future years) that more tickets are available for Day 1, so you probably won't need to line up quite as early. I'm just glad that the first year I attended the draft was also the year where I could get grandfathered in. I'm never giving up my Diehard status!

I got my ticket today too. I'm in Row B, Seat 709. I find the credit card ticket for Day 2 to be a bit weird, but whatever, if that's how the NFL wants to do it. I know how you feel about the Die Hard status. Once you get it, you never want to give it up.