Lets Play the Guessing Game

According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles

Soooo lets play teh guessing game:

Who has the standing offer for Quinn and who has the standing offer for Edwards?

I will go first and say Detroit is offering the #20 for Quinn so they can avoid paying Stafford #1 overall QB money and then can draft Jason Smith LT Baylor at #1.

For Edwards the obvious choice would be Philly with two firsts. They can send one and solve the "McNabb has no weapons" thing for good.

Thoughts?

great idea to win football games, trade every talented player on your team! the browns will be lucky to win 4 games this season

i'm gonna say tennessee for edwards and denver for quinn

It is the continuing trend of guys from the Parcells, Bellichek coaching tree, go in, piss off all of your vetrans, and clean house... I wish the fans of Cleveland better, but I am really pulling for Mangini and McDaniel to fall flat on their pompous asses.

I think the origianl post is right...Quinn goes to Detroit, and Edwards to Philly.... it makes too much sense. If Quinn goes anywhere else, it might be Denver. However, I am thinking that McDaniel thinks he could win with Ed Rutkowski at QB, he is such a genious, so I think they Broncos are less likely to invest so much in a "franchise QB" type like Quinn. The poor Browns are in for another long season...

While I'm not saying that this report is false, I do find it interesting the level of detail that was leaked about the offers. Personally, I think this was done to see if the Browns can get someone else to step in with a better offer.

If I were a Browns fan, I think I'd be a little pissed at this though. They really haven't seen that much of Brady Quinn to make a good decision. They've seen one good season out of Anderson and then watched him implode upon himself. I think Edwards showed much of the same, great upside two years ago, and then stone hands last. In either case, I would definitely give it atleast one more season before shipping them off.

Oh yeah, but to stay true to the thread:

Giants for Edwards (they've already publicly stated they want to dump picks)

Seahawks for Quinn (I know this is kinda left field, but Quinn is a younger hassleback and would fit that system)

I say the Vikings have offered the #22 pick for Brady Quinn. Childress thinks that Quinn would give them the best shot to win over Rosenfels and over Jackson. He would instantly have weapons around him with Peterson, Taylor, Berrian, and Sidney Rice. Put that all together with a good OL, dominant defense, Quinn being able to play atleast half of his games in dome environment, and I think Minnesota has themselves a SB contender.

I say that the Eagles are offering the #21 straight up for Braylon Edwards or the #28 and a 5th for Braylon Edwards. I say tthe Giants are offering their 1st and another pick as well. I also think Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Miami have contacted the Browns about Edwards.

Yes clean out all the overpaid under performing players and try to rebuild to a winning team. I must of missed the Browns winning the SB last year? Or they could just stand pat and go 7-9 for 3 years. Maybe those players were not very good for what it has costs the Browns. Nice to have coaches that will not accept mediocrity and want to win.

I'll go with Braylon Edwards to the Giants.

The Giants missed Burress when he was out and reportedly Edwards would love to play in NY.

Quinn? I'll say the Jets. He's a tough "lifts with the lineman" type QB-fitting the identity Rex Ryan wants to stamp on this team.

I second the Giants Edwards merger, but I'm thinking Jags for Quinn.

According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles

Soooo lets play teh guessing game:

Who has the standing offer for Quinn and who has the standing offer for Edwards?

I will go first and say Detroit is offering the #20 for Quinn so they can avoid paying Stafford #1 overall QB money and then can draft Jason Smith LT Baylor at #1.

For Edwards the obvious choice would be Philly with two firsts. They can send one and solve the "McNabb has no weapons" thing for good.

Thoughts?

I think its the Giants for Edwards and Detroit or Jax for Quinn...

I like the Jets for Quinn and the G-men for Edwards too. The Titans have Collins, VY, and Patrick Ramsey on their roster at QB, they don't need anyone else, and certainly wouldn't pony up a first round pick for one. The Vikings could be in the mix too, but I have this feeling they like Rosenfels for some unknown reason. Maybe they didn't see the helicopter vs. Indy. I suppose Detroit is a possibility too. But I definitely think Braylon is heading to Jersey/A.

I'll go with Braylon Edwards to the Giants.

The Giants missed Burress when he was out and reportedly Edwards would love to play in NY.

Quinn? I'll say the Jets. He's a tough "lifts with the lineman" type QB-fitting the identity Rex Ryan wants to stamp on this team.

And they do have a very good OL....Quinn to the Jets will be really bad for the Bills. And finally the Bills will be the only team in the AFC East with a bad OL.

While I'm not saying that this report is false, I do find it interesting the level of detail that was leaked about the offers. Personally, I think this was done to see if the Browns can get someone else to step in with a better offer.

If I were a Browns fan, I think I'd be a little pissed at this though. They really haven't seen that much of Brady Quinn to make a good decision. They've seen one good season out of Anderson and then watched him implode upon himself. I think Edwards showed much of the same, great upside two years ago, and then stone hands last. In either case, I would definitely give it atleast one more season before shipping them off.

Oh yeah, but to stay true to the thread:

Giants for Edwards (they've already publicly stated they want to dump picks)

Seahawks for Quinn (I know this is kinda left field, but Quinn is a younger hassleback and would fit that system)

No way, no how.. no one on this planet, including Quinn.. thinks he's worth the #4 overall pick.