NFL Schedule...

Buftex

Lets' see if it actually happnens....seems like every year, they give a release date, and then keep bumping it back...

the article is from ESPN, but it mentions, in sort of generic terms that the full schedule will be released in "a prime time special"...I am assuming that means the "special" will be on the NFL Network? ESPN, no doubt (for us unfortunates without the NFL Network) will run a ticker all night with team schedules...my guess. The NFL's marketing is as genius as it is repulsive... :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4056077

bets on games that will feature us at home on monday or sunday night?

Well, we know we already get a Monday night, so I will predict 1 first half of the season Sunday night as well, and then one of those dreaded NFLNetwork Saturday Night games, late in the season...

bump...this time tomorrow night, we will get a break from the Peters/Parrish/TO/Toronto insanity...the shcedule!

Nope. The conversation will just shift to speculation of when we'll play against them.

bump...this time tomorrow night, we will get a break from the Peters/Parrish/TO/Toronto insanity...the shcedule!

Excellent! But we will have to tolerate schedule leaks/rumor/sources deep within posts for the majority of the day...

Lets' see if it actually happnens....seems like every year, they give a release date, and then keep bumping it back...

the article is from ESPN, but it mentions, in sort of generic terms that the full schedule will be released in "a prime time special"...I am assuming that means the "special" will be on the NFL Network? ESPN, no doubt (for us unfortunates without the NFL Network) will run a ticker all night with team schedules...my guess. The NFL's marketing is as genius as it is repulsive... :lol:

Well according to my DirecTV guide, ESPN2 has a "Sportscenter Schedule Release Special" running at 7:00pm ET tonight, so you should be able to see it. NFL Network just says Total Access. I assume both will cover it.

EDIT- Actually, on a poll on NFL.com, it says, "The 2009 NFL schedule will be released exclusively on NFL Network and NFL.com Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET." So I don't know what ESPN is getting at putting that on their programming guide. Maybe NFLN will have a live show with league execs similar to the NBA Draft Lottery show, and on ESPN2 it'll be guys in a studio getting the news a few minutes later? Whatever the case, you're probably gonna get to see some form of coverage, though.

the article is from ESPN, but it mentions, in sort of generic terms that the full schedule will be released in "a prime time special"...I am assuming that means the "special" will be on the NFL Network? ESPN, no doubt (for us unfortunates without the NFL Network) will run a ticker all night with team schedules...my guess. The NFL's marketing is as genius as it is repulsive... :lol:

The money-grubbing and overall cheesiness of the NFL climbs yet another rung...

:P