It sure looks like COO Russ Brandon is putting his thumbprint

There is nothing in those stories that disputes what I said.

Notice there is no time frame given in Brandon's quotes. It was reported later in the year (and even discussed on this board) the Bills had no intention of redoing his contract last year. They would, however, be willing to discuss a new contract next (this) year.

There is nothing here that disputes that???

really?

In this article http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...rs-absent_N.htm

July 25th

it says the following:

A day earlier, Brandon said he's had very little contact with Peters over the past few months. He added he's disappointed with Peters' decision and how it might affect the Bills' progress through camp.

"There's always angst. There's angst every day with all of your guys," Brandon said. "And Jason's a big part of what we're trying to do. But if he's not here, then we'll work around it and move on."

Brandon said he's open to the possibility of negotiating a new contract, but only if Peters begins taking part in team functions.

"He hasn't been here to date," Brandon said, "and it's difficult to have discussions with someone who's not here and has elected to not participate in what we're trying to do." Russ Brandon July 25th 2008

That must be some good kool aid, it's right there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a festival of sh-- birds this place has become. God forbid anyone say anything positive about the direction of the team.

One loses sight of that. Thanks for pointing that out.

You buy that BS that DJ brings "stability"? Sucking every year IS stability! Is that what you enjoy most about the Bills leadership--that they put out a stable product? Well then you must be the happiest Bills fan here!

Afraid of the "X-factor"? That a new coach might fail? Well, guess what---it could get no worse than it is, could it? Is 4-12 worse than 7-9? Really?

A new HC would replace the whole coaching staff? You mean even "Turk" Schonert and Alex van Pelt?? AWESOME!!

A huge bowel movement is what this team needs. It would bring an element of excitementto the Bills, instead of dread, knowing that we have the same coaching staff--no matter what happens in the draft. Just because we have made very bad coaching choices in the past three means we should just keep our current bad coach because we MIGHT pick another bad one? That's your argument?

You were excited when they hired DJ, you were excited after 2 7-9 seasons headed for a 3rd. Now you are excited about the "great job" that Brandon has done maintaining "stability" (ensuring status quo).

I envy you.

Why such venom? The changes over in Denver has been real positive, huh. I'm not saying that Jauron is the end all answer, what I'm trying to point out is the timing of a change if it needs to be done.

When was I excited when we hired Jauron or after our three 7-9 seasons?? And yeah, I stand by what I said, I am excited and think that Brandon is doing a great job. Stability will get us to the next step in my opinion.

Thanks. Your envy is flattering but why don't you get a little more optimistic yourself?

They are positively heading in the right direction. :(

Too bad some of the fans can't be.

Why such venom? The changes over in Denver has been real positive, huh. I'm not saying that Jauron is the end all answer, what I'm trying to point out is the timing of a change if it needs to be done.

When was I excited when we hired Jauron or after our three 7-9 seasons?? And yeah, I stand by what I said, I am excited and think that Brandon is doing a great job. Stability will get us to the next step in my opinion.

Thanks. Your envy is flattering but why don't you get a little more optimistic yourself?

everything he says is venemous

What a festival of sh-- birds this place has become. God forbid anyone say anything positive about the direction of the team.

everything he says is venemous

I suggest that more Bills fans look across the league, particularly at good franchises. If you've isolated on the Bills, missing the playoffs for nine straight seasons is more tolerable if you don't look at what winning teams are doing. Down in Pittsburgh, they made a near seamless transition from Cowher to Tomlin. NE is always a top to bottom successful team. Indy wins 10+ games each year and there are others in the NFC who have annual success.

The point to all of this is simple. The Bills are mismanaged, regardless of who's the nominal head of the front office. And if you're okay with that, you'll continue finding positive messages. Until I see a winner on the field that can go deep in the playoffs, this franchise has done absolutely nothing in the better part of decade.

Go ahead and disagree with Cynical, but he's not wrong.

Long story short here..

I flew up to B-lo 3 or 4 years ago for the Bills vs. Steelers game. I was lucky enough to know a guy named Happy McElroy who was friends with Tom Donahue. We sat in TD's suite with his family. Russ Brandon stopped by and was by far the most genuine person in the room. This guy is very sharp and personable. I'm glad this guy is on our team.

I suggest that more Bills fans look across the league, particularly at good franchises. If you've isolated on the Bills, missing the playoffs for nine straight seasons is more tolerable if you don't look at what winning teams are doing. Down in Pittsburgh, they made a near seamless transition from Cowher to Tomlin. NE is always a top to bottom successful team. Indy wins 10+ games each year and there are others in the NFC who have annual success.

The point to all of this is simple. The Bills are mismanaged, regardless of who's the nominal head of the front office. And if you're okay with that, you'll continue finding positive messages. Until I see a winner on the field that can go deep in the playoffs, this franchise has done absolutely nothing in the better part of decade.

Go ahead and disagree with Cynical, but he's not wrong.

How's he not wrong on what he said?

I think you missed a part BillsVet. Go back and read it again.

It's one thing to have an opinion, that is fine, you may agree with him on that matter, but he was wrong when he said the Bills never intended to redo Peters contract regardless if he showed up to OTA's etc..

Tipster, good thread.

One move you overlook, which in my view may be the most important, is cutting ties with Dockery. IMO that sends a bigger message than re-signing Stroud and dancing around with Peters. The message is: no one on the roster is safe. Don't perform and you're out, regardless of how much we've invested in you. That's a CRITICAL message for the organization to send.

Also, and with all due respect, your idea of trading up for Curry demonstrates that you really don't know how to build an NFL team. I'm sorry. You're DEAD WRONG about that. The best way to build a team in today's NFL is to stockpile SECOND ROUND PICKS. Not first round picks, especially not high first round picks. In fact, the best way to kill a franchise is to saddle yourself with top ten picks. You end up commiting a ton of money to unknown quanities. Not only are you not assured production, the value you're getting is not anywhere near the value you get from second round picks (which, if spent wisely, get you relatively cheap and productive starters). Plus, as this franchise knows well from the Fat Mike debacle, it's bad for the locker room when a big contract player who doesn't perform is treated differently by the organization because of their draft position and salary commitment. In sum: HORRIBLE idea. Ask yourself why the Patriots actually PREFERRED a second round pick for Cassel than a first round pick. And it's not because of some stupid conspiracy w/ Pioli. Please. That organization has proven it understands how to build a team.

There is nothing here that disputes that???

really?

In this article http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...rs-absent_N.htm

July 25th

it says the following:

A day earlier, Brandon said he's had very little contact with Peters over the past few months. He added he's disappointed with Peters' decision and how it might affect the Bills' progress through camp.

"There's always angst. There's angst every day with all of your guys," Brandon said. "And Jason's a big part of what we're trying to do. But if he's not here, then we'll work around it and move on."

Brandon said he's open to the possibility of negotiating a new contract, but only if Peters begins taking part in team functions.

Jesus ... I even quoted this statement in my reply. Did you even bother to read past the first line of my reply?

Once again. Notice how Brandon does NOT give a time frame in that quote.

Look at the date of your article: July 25th.

As I stated in my initial reply (if you had bothered to read all of it), later in year, as in AFTER JULY 25th, it was reported and even discussed on this board, the Bills never had any intentions of redoing Peters contract in 2008. They would be open to the possibility of redoing his contract in 2009.

Read all of it before you hit reply.

Jesus ... I even quoted this statement in my reply. Did you even bother to read past the first line of my reply?

Once again. Notice how Brandon does NOT give a time frame in that quote.

Look at the date of your article: July 25th.

As I stated in my initial reply (if you had bothered to read all of it), later in year, as in AFTER JULY 25th, it was reported and even discussed on this board, the Bills never had any intentions of redoing Peters contract in 2008. They would be open to the possibility of redoing his contract in 2009.

Read all of it before you hit reply.

It said the day before

How's he not wrong on what he said?

I think you missed a part BillsVet. Go back and read it again.

It's one thing to have an opinion, that is fine, you may agree with him on that matter, but he was wrong when he said the Bills never intended to redo Peters contract regardless if he showed up to OTA's etc..

Last year the Bills had no intention of re-doing Peters' deal at any point. Hence, Peters decided to hold out and force the issue. Even though he lost that battle, the war is yet to be decided. A player simply doesn't hold out for that long over 1 or 2M per year.

I suggest you read Tim Graham's article from today.

The bigger point here is that Buffalo, for some of the minor successes they have during the off-season, never parlay that into the regular season. Their record (with many of the same personnel in the front office) since 2000 is horrible. And that's why I'm not glowing about their chances this season.

Last year the Bills had no intention of re-doing Peters' deal at any point. Hence, Peters decided to hold out and force the issue. Even though he lost that battle, the war is yet to be decided. A player simply doesn't hold out for that long over 1 or 2M per year.

I suggest you read Tim Graham's article from today.

The bigger point here is that Buffalo, for some of the minor successes they have during the off-season, never parlay that into the regular season. Their record (with many of the same personnel in the front office) since 2000 is horrible. And that's why I'm not glowing about their chances this season.

If you guys don't see it, then I can't help you any further....

It said the day before

You mean this piece:

A day earlier, Brandon said he's had very little contact with Peters over the past few months.

Oh, yeah there's proof the Bills would have redone Peters contract in 2008.

You mean this piece:

Oh, yeah there's proof the Bills would have redone Peters contract in 2008.

are you blind?? I am going to post this one last time for you.

and no, I meant this piece:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...rs-absent_N.htm

July 25th

In a seperate article on the same day he said : "To be very honest with you, it's really been a road map of silence to date," Brandon said regarding dialogue over Peters' situation.

"He hasn't been here to date," Brandon said, "and it's difficult to have discussions with someone who's not here and has elected to not participate in what we're trying to do."

That's it... If you don't see it, then I really don't see how we can go any further.

Feel free to start your own message board where you can dictate only "positive" people are allowed to post. Should be a blast to read.

I'm much rather read that than your constant female dogging of a team we love.

It's the offseason and anything is possible. So why don't let those you are happy with the team be? no matter how much whining you do, Jauron is still the coach. I'd rather hear overly optimistic positivity rather than your pointless posts about somethign that can't change. But please post more Jauron sucks, Brandon sucks, Wilson sucks, Bills are moving, Edwards sucks, Whitner was a bad pick, Poz sucks. They are truly amzaing to read and accomplishes a whole lot. :(

are you blind?? I am going to post this one last time for you.

and no, I meant this piece:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...rs-absent_N.htm

July 25th

In a seperate article on the same day he said : "To be very honest with you, it's really been a road map of silence to date," Brandon said regarding dialogue over Peters' situation.

"He hasn't been here to date," Brandon said, "and it's difficult to have discussions with someone who's not here and has elected to not participate in what we're trying to do."

That's it... If you don't see it, then I really don't see how we can go any further.

Guess what, until you figure out the concept of when and how July 2008, August 2008, and September 2008 fall into a time line, we cannot go any further.

And the peanut gallery speaks ...

I'm much rather read that than your constant female dogging of a team we love.

1. If you do not want to read what I have to say, feel free not to.

2. The message board does contain a feature called "ignore". Feel free to use it on the posters you find offensive and do not agree with your personal beliefs.

3. If you still find it impossible in removing all the "negativity", feel free to start your own message board with the other poster. In between the Bills can do no wrong posts, the both of you can argue about who is more optimistic.

It's the offseason and anything is possible. So why don't let those you are happy with the team be? no matter how much whining you do, Jauron is still the coach. I'd rather hear overly optimistic positivity rather than your pointless posts about somethign that can't change. But please post more Jauron sucks, Brandon sucks, Wilson sucks, Bills are moving, Edwards sucks, Whitner was a bad pick, Poz sucks. They are truly amzaing to read and accomplishes a whole lot. :(

Yeah, kind of like reading how Edwards is cool, collected, and a true warrior, Whitner has so much talent he can play any position, Jauron is a victim of venomous fate, Brandon knows exactly what he is doing, and Poz is the second coming of Dick Butkus.

Those kind of posts accomplish a whole lot, too. Especially when team generates another losing record. Must be because Wilson is such a great owner ... .

You must smoke crack, Brandon is nothing more than a "yes man" to Wilson. Nice try though,

Youre an idiot, Wilson has no say in any football operations. Brandon leaves the evaluations for the most part up to Modrak and Co. but the guys got a football background and a natural eye for what makes a sucessful football team.

He hasn't done it in Indianapolis with top 5 QB and plenty of good players.

Trust me, Polian is the best in the business and we miss him badly. But he had the #1 pick in Buffalo, took over the expansion Panthers and had multiple high first rounders, and got the #1 pick in Indy. He is very good but has also been in great situations too.

I think McDaniels will be another nobody who never should have left BB's nest, but we don't know what will happen in Denver yet---they haven't lost a game yet under their new coach. Clearly their owner has lost his mind.

But we do know that Pitt, Atlanta, Miami, Arizona, have done pretty well by shaking up the staff. Why would it be bad for the Bills do something other than the predictable: paying nice ol' Dick Jauron for another 3 years.

Is it wrong to point out that you say "things are pointing in a positive direction" every year, when, clearly, that's not what's happening? Haven't you noticed this pattern?

You seem to have never not been excited by DJ and crew. How does DJ (you've seen him and his crew coach) "get us to the next step"? Is he going to become a better NFL HC this year than he has been throughout his career?

Why is it unreasonable to want something else for this team? Something that might be better?