Report: Angels pitcher killed in hit-and-run

DPR4444

Apparently, another member associated with the Angels was also in the car. Don't know if he is a player or not.

Damn...just watched him pitch a good game against the A's last nite.

RIP Nick.

Just heard on the radio yesterday that a fan died at opening day between these teams. Seems he was in fight, third dude jumped in, knocked him downed ,head hit the steps, dude went brain dead. So sad for both.

Are illegals more likely to run red lights? Whats the point of even asking this?

RIP, hopefully the driver of the van is prosecuted to the full extent of the law

You obviously haven't been to California, next to Asian women, illegals are the worst drivers. Ever have one cut across 4 lanes of highway trafic in front of you to get to an exit?

Overly sensitive because your grandpa was an illegal?

Just heard on the radio yesterday that a fan died at opening day between these teams. Seems he was in fight, third dude jumped in, knocked him downed ,head hit the steps, dude went brain dead. So sad for both.

Had my son's birthday party last night got home & watched about 5 innings of that game also. He pitched a real nice game. Life is funny, this kid was supposed to be sent down to start the year in triple but because he pitched so well in the spring they decided to keep him on the roster. He was probably thinking this was his big break. If he was sent down to the minors, like the original plan was, he would still be alive today. Man to bad. Alot of careless drivers out there. I am glad they got the other driver. Jerk drove off after he ran the light.

You obviously haven't been to California, next to Asian women, illegals are the worst drivers. Ever have one cut across 4 lanes of highway trafic in front of you to get to an exit?

Yeah, and he's a good driver FWIW. Sorry, I took this as a pot shot toward hispanics, but if they are legitimately worse drivers, then my bad.

So sad and senseless. We obviously don't know the details yet of how this happened, but people need to pay the !@#$ attention to DRIVING when getting behind the wheel. Hang up the phone, put away the ipod, make up and newspaper. Just drive.

How do you know that he was an illegal alien? Did you catch up to him and ask for his immigration papers?

How do you know that he was an illegal alien? Did you catch up to him and ask for his immigration papers?

Black car, low rider, rims probably worth more than the car., blaring Mexican music heard through the closed windows of his and my car, and tattoos would be a good clue.