Report: Angels pitcher killed in hit-and-run

DPR4444

Black car, low rider, rims probably worth more than the car., blaring Mexican music heard through the closed windows of his and my car, and tattoos would be a good clue.

And those are clues of legal/illegal status? Pretty sure naturalized people drive those sorts of cars too. I like Mexican music and I've got some tattoos.

A must read:

http://lylemspencer.mlblogs.com/archives/2...ering_nick.html

Nick Adenhart grinned in that shy, off-hand manner of his and told me he liked my sweater. I thanked him and told him I'd try to find one just like it for him. He might have thought I was kidding, but I was serious. It was going right to the top of my to-do list.

I wanted to go over to his locker after the group interview on Wednesday night at Angel Stadium for a few private minutes with him, to let him know how happy I was for him. I'd developed a lot of affection for him these past few years, and it had been painful to watch him struggle when he came up last May, searching for the right stuff and not finding it. He wasn't quite ready, maybe, but he had complete confidence that he would figure it out. I could see that. I wasn't worried about Nick. He had courage and confidence to go with the tools. He was going places. It was just a matter of time.

Now, in his fourth Major League start, he'd shut out the A's for six innings, using not just his physical gifts but the knowledge and intelligence he'd acquired over a winter of intently studying his craft. But I had other interviews to do and a story to go write, so I did what I do. I'd have a nice sit-down with Nick next chance I got.

A few hours later, having pitched a game that I was convinced was going to be his springboard to a long, successful career and certain stardom, he was struck down in one of those senseless accidents. Nick Adenhart, who I'd grown to care so much about, was gone.

R.I.P., Nick. And in his memory, I'd like to ask that the debate over the other driver's ethnicity go elsewhere. Thank you.