Report: Lynch suspended three games

Bingo. I expected a 1-2 game suspension by Goodell and it to get reduced to nothing but a fine, again using Marshall's more egregious transgressions as the precedent. Giving him 3 games is a farce, and it will be a worse one if he ends-up serving more than 1 game.

And I don't see an appeal going down after this big song and dance with Goodell and Lynch either. I just can't believe a fan of this team can be ok with this...any fan of the time. The legal system is there to punish Lynch and it has. But once again in the court of the NFL the more money you line into their pockets, the more you can get away with. So while the Pat Bowlens and the Robert Krafts of the world have guys on their rosters beating their wives and dealing drugs at their gyms and getting away virtually unscathed, we can stand proud because our player got a harsher punishment so Goodell could "make a point". That's just brilliant.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Tim. I figured on two, but I'm guessing there's at least a chance of getting to that number via appeal.

But not much cartilage left in the knees.

He rushed of 3.9yds per attempt and found the endzone 5 times on around 100 carries. I think he'd be a good stopgap and possibly a mentor for Beastmode

Seems a bit extreme. He did dodge a the charges last year, so I'm not too surprised. Good thing we got the MNF game in Foxboro to kcik off the season. This better be wake-up call for Lynch. If this keeps up, he will be out of the NFL.

i dont mind that ML got a harsh punishment "IF" the punishments stay consistently harsh to other offeneders around the league.

Thats fair enough I agree maybe if ML PLAYED FOR NEW ENGLAND THEN HE HAVE ONLY GOT 1 GAME

We already knew Marshawn wasn't going to be around for that game, and even if he was to play in that game we'd still probably be fu<ked.

Do we really need to sign a RB for 3 games? It kills me to see how the Bills let some of those free agent LB's sign one year contracts with other teams when thats the position we could really use help at, but we'd sign a RB to a 1 year deal for 3 games? I just hope now that the they've announced his suspension, the Bills will finally throw Freddy some money. There's no doubt in my mind that he can run for over 100 yards in each of those first 3 games.

Bottom line - Appeal it and move on, be excited because T.O.'s in town and working out :lol:

Welcome to Buffalo, Mr Owens! :worthy:

Since the Bills never have trouble running the ball, and our running backs routinely rip off 100 yard games, like they were changing their socks, I have no doubt that Jackson has 3 one hundred yard games, no matter who those first three games are against...when Marshawn returns, he might have a hard time getting his job back!

And I don't see an appeal going down after this big song and dance with Goodell and Lynch either. I just can't believe a fan of this team can be ok with this...any fan of the time. The legal system is there to punish Lynch and it has. But once again in the court of the NFL the more money you line into their pockets, the more you can get away with. So while the Pat Bowlens and the Robert Krafts of the world have guys on their rosters beating their wives and dealing drugs at their gyms and getting away virtually unscathed, we can stand proud because our player got a harsher punishment so Goodell could "make a point". That's just brilliant.

The NFLPA will fight it and likely get it reduced to one game at most, again using Marshall as the precedent. And if nothing else, Ralph needs to call-out Goodell about his uneven practices, much like he called-out Tagliamoron several years ago.

Great, this has me doing "A little pirouette, and they said this was a beer town!" :worthy:

"We got a little nickel-dimer here" as a commissioner.

We are going to need "Walter at the altar: High Mass!" to get this cut to a one'r.

GOOD FOR GOODELL !!......crack down on these thugs.....Marshawn has alot of growing up to do.......Marshawn had a laundry list of incidents before he got here.....google it......since he's been here a HIT & RUN !!......cops smelled MARIJUANA !! ( can't believe that didn't trigger a random drug test) and a GUN CHARGE !!

I believe it will get reduced to two games on appeal.

i would NOT trade him....his Productivity on the field versus his cap hit is sky high VALUE !!......sign Freddy Jackson 4yr $10 million (structured to end in 2 if warranted), let Marshawn play this out and see if he truely changes his behavior.....i say he doesn't, but i ride his rookie contract out and evaluate the situation down the road.

GOOD FOR GOODELL !!......crack down on these thugs.....Marshawn has alot of growing up to do.......Marshawn had a laundry list of incidents before he got here.....google it......since he's been here a HIT & RUN !!......cops smelled MARIJUANA !! ( can't believe that didn't trigger a random drug test) and a GUN CHARGE !!

I believe it will get reduced to two games on appeal.

i would NOT trade him....his Productivity on the field versus his cap hit is sky high VALUE !!......sign Freddy Jackson 4yr $10 million (structured to end in 2 if warranted), let Marshawn play this out and see if he truely changes his behavior.....i say he doesn't, but i ride his rookie contract out and evaluate the situation down the road.

I also don't understand why that aspect hasn't been mentioned. They know there was "stuff" in

the car, and it was his car. How is that not a issue with the league substance abuse policy?

I also don't think he'll get it, as he hasn't before, and I don't think dude it too bright to begin with.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4054396

Oh well, we knew it was gonna be something, at least it's less than four games.

Who is this Tim Graham person posting without checking first? :D

What kind of car does he drive?

Amazing. Just amazing. Brandon Marshall gets arrested for domestic violence, DUI, battery, and disorderly conduct and gets a 3-game suspension, which gets reduced to 1 game on appeal. Lynch gets a traffic violation for failing to avoid hitting a pedestrian and a misdemeanor for being found with a loaded gun in a bag in his trunk, and also gets a 3-game violation. Goodell must be using a dartboard, for all the sense that makes.

All I have to say is, this better get reduced to a 1-game suspension as well. At most.

You're forgetting the four joints in car with three total men. Do the math. IIRC the first violation of the leagues substance abuse policy isn't made public. I'm betting he was drug tested for the MJ and failed. That's probably why he seems to be getting punished a little harsher than he should.

We already knew Marshawn wasn't going to be around for that game, and even if he was to play in that game we'd still probably be fu<ked.

Do we really need to sign a RB for 3 games? It kills me to see how the Bills let some of those free agent LB's sign one year contracts with other teams when thats the position we could really use help at, but we'd sign a RB to a 1 year deal for 3 games? I just hope now that the they've announced his suspension, the Bills will finally throw Freddy some money. There's no doubt in my mind that he can run for over 100 yards in each of those first 3 games.

Bottom line - Appeal it and move on, be excited because T.O.'s in town and working out :lol:

What's your solution. Jackson can't carry the full load somebody has to spell him. The question is what retired RB will want to sign for only three games? They might bring back A-Train.

Welcome to Buffalo, Mr Owens! :worthy:

Since the Bills never have trouble running the ball, and our running backs routinely rip off 100 yard games, like they were changing their socks, I have no doubt that Jackson has 3 one hundred yard games, no matter who those first three games are against...when Marshawn returns, he might have a hard time getting his job back!

TO is gonna love those first three games because the Bills will be pass happy due to a weakend running game. I just hope he doesn't get pissed on the fourth game when his looks drop drastically.

I don't want to turn this into anything but a sports thing, but unlicensed handguns are a serious issue in this country. And that's coming from someone who has a permit. Most crimes are perpetuated with them.

I hope ML gets his act together and begins hanging out with better folks. The gun thing, IMO, is far more serious than striking the pedestrian. But the idea of him carrying illegally is not a step in the right direction. I'd sure like him to be available sooner than the fourth game of the season, but he's got to realize he's hurting the team by doing these sorts of things.

In the grand scheme of things, the only real difference between ML and Plax, is ML didn't shoot himself. The possession is a huge issue, especially to those of us who 'want' law abiding gun owners so we don't get all of our rights yanked because of knuckleheads and wrong do'ers

In the end, the best ML can do is serve out the suspension and embrace what the commish is trying to do and maybe even set an example that when you screw up, you man up and don't run to your agent and lawyer to draft an appeal for something you wrongfully did.

I want him there as much as anyone opening night, but enough is enough with these guys already getting away with exponentially more than any of us common folk ever could, then turning around and crying that losing 3 paychecks is "unfair" Anyone that reverts back to the "well 'so and so' got this punishment" really needs to learn the "lead by example" mantra. Otherwise penalties get less and less severe which breeds more bad behavior without fear of actual consequence

The NFLPA will fight it and likely get it reduced to one game at most, again using Marshall as the precedent. And if nothing else, Ralph needs to call-out Goodell about his uneven practices, much like he called-out Tagliamoron several years ago.

Not so fast as far as your assumption about what the NFLPA will do or how hard they will fight for Lynch even if they do file an appeal.

It was certainly true that before the NFLPA became a partner with the NFL after the union forced the owners into signing the new CBA by threatening to decertify itself (the owners ran and did not walk to reach an agreement to collude with the vets to restrict free-trade negotiating with college players with the draft and also to prohibit players far beyond the age of adulthood from even signing with the league).

The NFLPA arguably became the majority partner in this arrangement when Gene Upshaw dictated that the current revised CBA would dispense with the concept of a designated gross and that the players would get a share of the total gross which started with a 6 (it was no accident that the final agreement awarded the players with 60.5% of the total gross receipts).

The result was that Upshaw was quite public in announcing that in the future the NFLPA was going to represent the interests of the majority of its members who were making money like bandits and by far getting the majority of the receipts and would support disciplining of players so these young fools did not kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

The result was that Upshaw joined the NFL in announcing that in the future player disciplines like suspensions would be given out not when a player had been found guilty by a court but in fact when they had repeated incidents of unsavory behavior whether they were convicted or not.

The test cases were idiots like Pac-Man Jones and Chris Henry and the NFLPA did not utter a discouraging word to protect them.

So to with Lynch I suspect, the NFLPA undoubtedly signed off on the tougher than the pre-Pac-Man past when the NFLPA would reflexively defend a player almost no matter how stupid his behavior was.While Machiavelli would have the NFLPA join an appeal and get this sentence reduced to 2 games so it can demonstrate some moderation, it would not be surprising to me if the NFLPA wa joining with the NFLPA to crack down on miscreant behavior by young players.

Overall, 3 games seems a little harsh but would not surprise me if when Lynch met with Goodell after his first auto malfunction that what may have happened is that Lynch promised to change his ways after the first incident. If this were the case Lynch is getting 3 games for the league because he already fooled them once claiming he would change his ways.