Mike Mayock's Mock Draft Picks 1-10

Um you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, Crabtree is beast. Mike Williams was lazy as hell, couldn't run routes, wasn't strong after the catch, and ate himself to a reported 270lbs at one point. Just because Crabtree lacks ideal speed doesn't mean he's Mike Williams.....I'd say Anquan Boldin is a better comparison.

Don't worry...I wasn't serious here. I still don't want anything to do with drafting a WR.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bet my house that Orakpo is not available at #11.

I may take you up on that wager. Two questions first, though.

1.) Is your house in Buffalo?

2.) Has SKOOBY appraised it's value yet? In other words, is your house worth more than his car?

GO BILLS!!!

Now there's a phrase that screams "WARNING...WARNING...BUST ALERT!!!!"

Not saying he's going to be one, but that phrase does give me the serious heebeegeebees. What "athletic freak of nature" has ever been able to transfer that to the game of football? I can't think of one. In fact, the "athletic freaks" that come to my mind are Tony Mandarich, Brian Bosworth, Mike Mamula, Vernon Davis, Vernon Gholston. The first highlights I saw of Orakpo was a youtube clip of him lifting in the gym. I'm taking Crabtree in a heartbeat in that scenario.

Mario Williams, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Adrian Peterson.

What little I've seen of Orakpo, he's a diamond in the rough. He has great speed, quickness, and strength. He's also very unpolished and has developed very few pass rush moves. This is probably coachable.

Everette Brown on the other hand is the most polished pass rusher available in this draft. He has all the moves and performs them fluently. He's not as explosive and strong as Orkapo however.

You may be right, but I havn't much of Orapko's explosive edge rushing ability. In my view, I think Brown has shown more explosiveness off the edge than Orapko. JMO

Well, I assume you don't mean he is like players before Jesus' mother, Mary (AKA The Madonna). So, I assume you are referring to the pop singer, "Madonna".

Are you suggesting he is an old-school player, much like those who played before Madonna became popular, in the early 80's? Or, are you suggesting he is small, and slow, like many players before Madonna was born, in 1958?

<_<

I'm such a prima donna.

:thumbsup:

Mario Williams, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Adrian Peterson.

I never really considered any of them as the workout warrior types, although Peterson was pretty damn ripped. Hey, any of these DE's are a crapshoot. I didn't say Orakpo was going to be a bust, just that I didn't like that specific phrase attached to a football player. I'd rather see him described as a "baller". Willis was a "baller" type. Lynch is a "baller" type. Hopefully we get a "baller" type whether it's Orakpo, Brown or whoever it is.

I never really considered any of them as the workout warrior types, although Peterson was pretty damn ripped. Hey, any of these DE's are a crapshoot. I didn't say Orakpo was going to be a bust, just that I didn't like that specific phrase attached to a football player. I'd rather see him described as a "baller". Willis was a "baller" type. Lynch is a "baller" type. Hopefully we get a "baller" type whether it's Orakpo, Brown or whoever it is.

I think you are confusing Orakpo as a "workout warrior" and not already an established monster, at the college level. From what I have seen, the guy plays his ass off. But, I don't get to see a lot of Texas.

Perhaps some of your Texas contingent (Bluefire, you there?) can weigh in here.

Malcolm Jenkins. The truth hurts sometimes

IMO, Jenkins will be the best player available...if he is even available.

The Bills will not pick him, though.

I think you are confusing Orakpo as a "workout warrior" and not already an established monster, at the college level. From what I have seen, the guy plays his ass off. But, I don't get to see a lot of Texas.

Perhaps some of your Texas contingent (Bluefire, you there?) can weigh in here.

It'd be nice to have a defensive player that played his ass off. I forgot what that looks like.

IMO, Jenkins will be the best player available...if he is even available.

The Bills will not pick him, though.

If they pick Jenkins, you're seeing the new Safety, not a CB.

He'd make a heluva Safety, and I wouldn't want to face McK, McG, Whitner, Jenkins as a defensive backfield.

If they pick Jenkins, you're seeing the new Safety, not a CB.

He'd make a heluva Safety, and I wouldn't want to face McK, McG, Whitner, Jenkins as a defensive backfield.

Yes, you are likely correct. Either way, Jenkins can ball.

Yes, you are likely correct. Either way, Jenkins can ball.

If this happens in RD1, there will be lots of beer on the floor, lots of groans, some "WHA....OH NO!!!"'s, and then Bills fans will begin to see a logic in the pick, around Game 2 or 3.

Do I want that to be the pick, I'd rather see DE or TE, but he's in my Fave 5.

I take Cushing or Crabtree. Sure we have receivers, but Crabtree is a stud who was head and shoulders above anyone else in college at his position. He will be the next Larry Fitzgerald. If he is gone, which I think is a strong possibility, I take Cushing. The guy plays lights out on every single play. He is a football player. Put him with Poz and Mitchell and we have a Very SOLID linebacking corp. I am not crazy about rookie DE's because the Olineman they are going up against in the pros are just so much more physical than at the college level. Guys AWAY from the line of scrimmage have more room to roam, and will have much more opportunities to make an impact.

Don't draft guys from Texas. They are mentally soft, and have not fared well in the pros. Mack Brown just cuddles the hell out of his players.