Mike Mayock's Mock Draft Picks 1-10

This past Friday Mike Mayock announced his mock draft for picks 1-10. Here is how he sees it.

1. Detroit. Matt Stafford QB Georgia

2. St. Louis. Jason Smith OT Baylor

3. Kansas City. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

4. Seattle. Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

5. Cleveland. B.J. Raji DT Boston College

6. Cincinnati. Andre Smith OT Alabama

7. Oakland. Darius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland

8. Jacksonville. Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

9. Green Bay. Michael Oher OT Mississippi

10. San Francisco. Mark Sanchez QB USC

We all know how scary accurate Mayock is with draft predictions. If these picks came true then the Bills would be on the clock with these players to choose from: Bryan Orakpo, Michael Crabtree, Everette Brown, Aaron Maybin, Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga, Clay Matthews & Brandon Pettigrew.

If the draft did turn out this way, then who should the Bills take?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it really shakes out like that it would limit the Bills' trade-down scenarios (I think) unless a team had a real desire to nab Crabtree.

Personally, I would like to see the Bills grab Pettigrew here even though it's a touch early.

If it really shakes out like that it would limit the Bills' trade-down scenarios

I agree. I also think it gives the Bills a terrific chance to pick an impact player. There are more than a couple I would be happy with, out of that group.

In that scenario it comes down to Bryan Orakpo or Everette Brown. The census pick is Orakpo but I'd prefer Brown as he has produced on the field and seems to have an explosion and skill set that you just can't teach. Orakpo seems to be a pre-madonna type player who overvalues himself. If both are available and they pick Brown over Orakpo then they better be right! NO ONE however can blame them for choosing any one of these two, REGARDLESS of how Crabtree or others might pan out in the future. If the later it is true it could lead to an ESPN Top Five reasons you can't blame the Bills for picking a DE over Crabtree in the 2009 NFL Draft!

Orakpo seems to be a pre-madonna type player

Well, I assume you don't mean he is like players before Jesus' mother, Mary (AKA The Madonna). So, I assume you are referring to the pop singer, "Madonna".

Are you suggesting he is an old-school player, much like those who played before Madonna became popular, in the early 80's? Or, are you suggesting he is small, and slow, like many players before Madonna was born, in 1958?

:thumbsup:

I'm such a prima donna.

I know we have Evans and TO, but can this team really pass on Crabtree if he's there? I think Crabtree is an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson. Oraknpo or Brown may be good but I don't think the ceiling is as high with these players as it is with Crabtree.

I'll take Crabtree, seen a lot of both Orakpo and Crabtree.......Crabtree is the best player in the entire draft, Orakpo is a workout warrior who will be a decent but not great DE.

I know we have Evans and TO, but can this team really pass on Crabtree if he's there? I think Crabtree is an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson. Oraknpo or Brown may be good but I don't think the ceiling is as high with these players as it is with Crabtree.

So, to hell with this year? Screw the defense?

So, to hell with this year? Screw the defense?

I would hope that in this scenario that there would be a lot of buyers for Crabtree...and that we would be able to trade down.

Orakpo seems to be a pre-madonna type player who overvalues himself.

I've seen interviews, read stories and he doesn't come off like that at all. He actually seems like a fairly humble guy to me. He worked to improve himself every year in the gym and on the field. Now, he's an athletic freak of nature who's name I hope Goodell calls when the Bills send in their selection. Quickness, power, and decent speed all wrapped into one. I think he would easily bench Kelsay.