Would you ever consider getting a gun?

PTS

Reminds me of one of my favorite M*A*S*H scenes:

Henry Blake: [on the phone with General Clayton, while reading from a book that's upside down] While I've got you on the pipe, the suggestion's been made that we could use an oh-four W. W. nug. Yeah, that's right, sir. A nug so that we can, uh, uh - what's a nug sir? Well, a nug is,

[Frank turns the book over]

Henry Blake: uh, a gun, sir. A 40 M. M. gun.

Trapper: Henry, you gotta be kidding!

Henry Blake and Trapper. That's good Mash.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You use so many commas.

Yes, I do.

I tend to talk, and write, parenthetically, far too much. So, you will often see an plethora of parentheses, and commas, in my posts.

I try to put them in the right places, though, and actually eliminate some in places where they aren't vital.

"Personally, I think people who have guns, would be more inclined to use it as opposed to non gun owners."

I think that is a given. Hard to use something you don't have. I don't carry in public but at home? My first response will not b to call 911,I assure you.

Ding ding ding ding ding

We've got a winner! <_<

If it's such an effective deterrent then why does Alaska have one of the highest rates of violent crime?
Because the state stats mean nothing to Anchorage its self. They are inflated by crime in the rural,roadless villages that are 99% alcohol related. Besides in a state with a population of 600,000,it does not take much to bump the"per 100,000" figure. Anchorage is quite safe,I assure you.

Yes, I do.

I tend to talk, and write, parenthetically, far too much. So, you will often see an plethora of parentheses, and commas, in my posts.

I try to put them in the right places, though, and actually eliminate some in places where they aren't vital.

Excellent post, Dean. Your use of commas, and other punctuation, is both robust and superb.

Well, I suppose, that's your opinion, which, you are certainly entitled to.

Thank you, yes I am. And, I respect my opinion, quite a bit.

Most would call me "robust" or some other, less flattering descriptor. I would hope we all believe ourselves to be "superb", or do the things necessary to make it so.

Thank you, yes I am. And, I respect my opinion, quite a bit.

Most would call me "robust" or some other, less flattering descriptor. I would hope we all believe ourselves to be "superb", or do the things necessary to make it so.

... just trying my hand at the comma thing.

As for the topic at hand, I would rather (and do) have a gun(s) and not need one than vice versa.