Peters Update

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the link/quote that Jason Peters says "he doesn't want to be here"? Why are you and The Drizz trying to kick this guy out of Buffalo. So he held out last year. Let it go fellas.

Really? How else does he say it? He should hold up a big sign just for you that says "I WANT OUT OF BUFFALO" "Me and the Drizz" trying to kick this guy out of Buffalo." That's to funny. I'm sure Jason reads the board everyday and wonders why the Drizz and seq004 are trying to kick him out of Buffalo. Here's the 411 on Peters: Good tackle, holds his own but last year he didn't report to camp even wth 2 years left under contract. Then when he came back 2 days before the start of the season he didn't perform close to a Pro Bowl tackle. If your going to talk the talk then you know. He didn't. Now he wants to be the highest payed tackle in the league and it's just a hunch but I don't think he wants to be a Bill and I'd bet my dollar that he will holdout again and not put forth his best effort again, so what's the point? He has high trade value and I believe Tim said he could get a 1 and a 3. I think the Bills should trade his whiney a$$. JMO

Who cares about Pro Bowls

Peters is overrated and will be overpaid if we let him stay

TAKE THE PICKS BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think he is overrated, but it is hard to get past 11.5 sacks last year. I think he gave up Vernon Gholston only sack last year. He is not the best thing for that locker room. I agree take the PICKS.

Guest dog14787
I do not think he is overrated, but it is hard to get past 11.5 sacks last year. I think he gave up Vernon Gholston only sack last year. He is not the best thing for that locker room. I agree take the PICKS.

Its a conspiracy to take out the Holy Trent isn't it :devil:

KOK, I'm really getting that 2001 OL feeling right now, especially if/when Butler gets hurt and if/when Hangartner ends up being another Billy Conaty. Too bad Corey Hulsey is out of the league. :devil:

eta: 2001, not 2000 doh

Billy Conaty?!

Oh boy! :ph34r:

no way. if the bills trade peters they need to draft the most talented offensive tackle left at 11.

This still makes 09 (if not the immediate future of the Bills as this rookie will be responsible for guarding the once concussed Edwards blindside).

What do you think the chances are that a rookie LT is gonna play like a vet and:

1. protect TE adequately

2. Maximize our getting the one guaranteed year out of TO

3. Maximizes the chances of winning before Ralph gets his ultimate reward.

Yep, it is certainly possible we can catch the once in a long period of time Ryan Clady lightening in a bottle. However, there is an an equal if not better chance you ended up slaving through a rookie year like McKinnie's as even a now adequate LT learns the game or you pick a bust OL player as we did when we chose Williams.

For an O for this millineum for making the playoffs like the Bills 09 is just way to important for us to risk it all on a rookie LT. If this team had made some acquistions to have a plan B you want to count on for more than a few games (it is hard for me to see flipping Walker and going with Chambers as anything serious beyond being a reasonable stop gap for a few games), then I;d fine the trade Peters for a rookie option to be more realistic. However, despite his flaws the devil we know strikes me as a far more likely option than the devil we do not know which any rookie would be.

This still makes 09 (if not the immediate future of the Bills as this rookie will be responsible for guarding the once concussed Edwards blindside).

What do you think the chances are that a rookie LT is gonna play like a vet and:

1. protect TE adequately

2. Maximize our getting the one guaranteed year out of TO

3. Maximizes the chances of winning before Ralph gets his ultimate reward.

Yep, it is certainly possible we can catch the once in a long period of time Ryan Clady lightening in a bottle. However, there is an an equal if not better chance you ended up slaving through a rookie year like McKinnie's as even a now adequate LT learns the game or you pick a bust OL player as we did when we chose Williams.

For an O for this millineum for making the playoffs like the Bills 09 is just way to important for us to risk it all on a rookie LT. If this team had made some acquistions to have a plan B you want to count on for more than a few games (it is hard for me to see flipping Walker and going with Chambers as anything serious beyond being a reasonable stop gap for a few games), then I;d fine the trade Peters for a rookie option to be more realistic. However, despite his flaws the devil we know strikes me as a far more likely option than the devil we do not know which any rookie would be.

the same, if not better than, Peters' chances if he holds out again. i think he could be much better if he would show up and try, but a rookie could allow the sacks Peters did and they wouldnt be messing with the team chemistry with ridiculous demands.

i dont like that its come to this, but if that is the way he wants to play it, then so be it. gotta move on.

He is considered the Best Tackle in football by many people who know more about the sport than the collective minds on this board.

I've never heard anybody say he is the best tackle in football. What they do say is he has the athletic potential to be one of the best. Unfortunately,because of his attitude and work ethic,he probably will never live up to that potential.

buffalo needs to take a page out of denver's book and just move quickly on getting peters out of town as soon as possible......make it known he's available, take the picks you can get, and move on........he is more trouble then he's worth and painted buffalo into a corner (i.e. pay me a ridiculous amount that is more then i'm worth and then i may produce or i'll holdout again and suck on the field)

AGREED

He has worn out his welcome

Oh come on, he needs to give up at least another 11 sacks and a few more fumbles for that to happen.

Seriously though, I don't get the obsession with believing that he is an elite player.

If the Bills grab a 1st and 3rd for him then they are geniuses, the guy had 1 good season and is definitely going to hold out again whether it's in Buffalo or for some other team.

Take the trade and send his fat stupid asss packing.

Add in the other missed blocks, terrible run blocking and the fumbles that were allowed due to his poor play and getting a first and third for him is highway robbery, take the picks now.

I'd get this trade done within 48 hours if I were the Bills.

He is considered the Best Tackle in football by many people who know more about the sport than the collective minds on this board.

He gave up 12 sacks last year. If that is the number one Tackle in Football then I will take the 5 th best and give me the picks.

Where is the link/quote that Jason Peters says "he doesn't want to be here"? Why are you and The Drizz trying to kick this guy out of Buffalo. So he held out last year. Let it go fellas.

Thats because there is no link. Not as of today anyway.

Some people on this board are too funny. They get all pissy, because a deal hasn't been done yet, when they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Look what the chat from yesterday created.

Nothing new was said yesterday. The only thing that had changed, was Tim's view on the value that he believes we could get for Peters. Which I never agreed with anyway. He stated a week or two ago that he believed that Peters would only fetch a second round pick. Now he believes, based on his sources and people he has spoken with that we could get a 1st and maybe a 3rd, which to me sounds about right.

That is the only thing that has changed between what is happening now and what we knew before.

To see people have their dislike for Peters fueled from the chat from yesterday is somewhat comical.

There is no doubt, that everyday that a deal doesn't get passed, it only adds to everyone's impatience regarding this topic. But we have to remember, this is a business, and there could be a lot of posturing going on behind the scenes.

Last I heard, they were working on a deal. I havn't read anywhere stating that Peters wants to get traded. Usually when a player does it leaks out, and usually from the agent. He hasn't asked to be released or anything. Now is this to say that he won't, no, but as of right now, it hasn't happened.

So I sugges some of you take a step back and breath.

Nothing has changed

Not sure where they are in the negotiations, but if he is not going to play this season (right from the start and give his all) then I would rather get some draft picks for him if they get a decent offer.

Thats because there is no link. Not as of today anyway.

Some people on this board are too funny. They get all pissy, because a deal hasn't been done yet, when they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Look what the chat from yesterday created.

Nothing new was said yesterday. The only thing that had changed, was Tim's view on the value that he believes we could get for Peters. Which I never agreed with his first view anyway. He stated a week or two ago that he believed that Peters would only fetch a second round pick. Now he believes, based on his sources and people he has spoken with that we could get a 1st and maybe a 3rd, which to me sounds about right.

That is the only thing that has changed between what is happening now and what we knew before.

To see everyone have their dislike fueled from the chat from yesterday is laughable.

You guys need to take a step back and breath.

Nothing has changed

Difference is that Tim actually talks to people involved with the situation and is dealing with facts. Same with Mark Gaughan. Posters discussing here is all just speculation.

Tim is known to have excellent sources, I don't always agree with what he says (like the 2nd round for Peters) but he is telling us what is actually happening behind the scenes. I don't think he'd throw out 2nd and 1st/3rd unless it was actually being discussed. He and Mark Gaughan both said yesterday Peters is likely to be traded, that's the first both have felt that strongly about it publicly. They wouldn't just say it for the hell of it, so the situation must have deteriorated recently. The discussion went from what it would take to sign Peters, to he will be traded.

That is a change, that is an update.

Difference is that Tim actually talks to people involved with the situation and is dealing with facts. Same with Mark Gaughan. Posters discussing here is all just speculation.

Tim is known to have excellent sources, I don't always agree with what he says (like the 2nd round for Peters) but he is telling us what is actually happening behind the scenes. I don't think he'd throw out 2nd and 1st/3rd unless it was actually being discussed. He and Mark Gaughan both said yesterday Peters is likely to be traded, that's the first both have felt that strongly about it publicly. They wouldn't just say it for the hell of it, so the situation must have deteriorated recently. The discussion went from what it would take to sign Peters, to he will be traded.

That is a change, that is an update.

I don't doubt Tim's views.

The way I interpreted that, was more of what his sources believe Peters trade value is. Not so much that there is likely to be a trade. There is a difference. He could be talking to his contacts and getting a feel for Peters value, that doesn't mean that he is speaking with sources from the possible trade suitors and that a deal is being considered.

If there was a deal being considered from Philly let's say, don't you think it would of been reported. Now I may be missing something, but the only things that I have read about Philly is that they are a logical suitor. They have a need for Tackle, they have the money and draft picks to trade. But that is just speculation through logic. There is a big difference.

Now, my reading comprehension may be failing me, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Could you please show me the quote where you interpreted Tims View in yesterday's chat that makes you think that a trade is going to happen.

The only update that I recieved out of yesterdays chat, was the change in perception that Tim had for Peters trade value.

I've never heard anybody say he is the best tackle in football. What they do say is he has the athletic potential to be one of the best. Unfortunately,because of his attitude and work ethic,he probably will never live up to that potential.

Agreed. To be the 'best' at anything, mental toughness has to come into play. I see little evidence of either quality in Peters' so far...