Any News on Anthony Hargrove

ganesh

Does anyone know what is the status of Hargrove. When does his suspension end (Before training camp or after the regular season begins ?). Will he be a UFA or last year won't count and will he back with the Bills ?

He was a good situational pass rusher who also excited the crowd...He would have helped us last year in Schoebels absence ?

last i heard....his suspension is over......he has been re-instated by the NFL in Feb 2009......he is currently a Free Agent.......and the Rochester, NY police are looking for him for violating conditions of his plea agreement.

last i heard....his suspension is over......he has been re-instated by the NFL in Feb 2009......he is currently a Free Agent.......and the Rochester, NY police are looking for him for violating conditions of his plea agreement.

I don't think Buffalo wants to sign anyone with a lifetime ban hanging over their heads. JMO

I don't think Buffalo wants to sign anyone with a lifetime ban hanging over their heads. JMO

Well, I would agree the Bills may no longer be interested in Hargrove, as he seems to be a screw-up, but he is hardly facing a lifetime ban.

What comes after a one year ban?

Well, the way you worded your post, you suggested Hargrove is facing a lifetime ban. He is not. His suspension if over with. He is facing no ban, as far as I know.

I don't believe there is a definitive list of the time of suspension for subsequent actions, but I might be wrong. I believe you are suggesting that Hargrove might be up for a lifetime ban on his next infraction. I believe that would depend on the nature of the infraction. If Michael Vick and Pacman Jones have shown us anything, it is you can do some really bad stuff, and still not be banned for life, in the NFL.

Well, the way you worded your post, you suggested Hargrove is facing a lifetime ban. He is not. His suspension if over with. He is facing no ban, as far as I know.

I don't believe there is a definitive list of the time of suspension for subsequent actions, but I might be wrong. I believe you are suggesting that Hargrove might be up for a lifetime ban on his next infraction. I believe that would depend on the nature of the infraction. If Michael Vick and Pacman Jones have shown us anything, it is you can do some really bad stuff, and still not be banned for life, in the NFL.

He already has another infraction -- contempt of court -- for not fulfilling his community service obligations as part of the deal the judge gave him after the altercation with the Rochester City Police officer.

He already has another infraction -- contempt of court -- for not fulfilling his community service obligations as part of the deal the judge gave him after the altercation with the Rochester City Police officer.

He is still in rehab and he is worried about ever leaving rehab due to his addiction to drugs. That is also why he didn't do his do his community service.

Hargrove was a great player?

<_<

I had the same reaction.

Hargrove was far from a great player, in his short stint with the Bills. He was, on occasion, an exciting player and he seemed to have a passion for the game, when he played. There were times he showed a knack for pressuring the QB. I thought he had some potential, had he stayed out of trouble, and worked hard at being a football player.

<_<

I had the same reaction.

Hargrove was far from a great player, in his short stint with the Bills. He was, on occasion, an exciting player and he seemed to have a passion for the game, when he played. There were times he showed a knack for pressuring the QB. I thought he had some potential, had he stayed out of trouble, and worked hard at being a football player.

Eh, he was a very talented specimen. He didn't have a steady role to prove this, but he stood out to me every time I watched the line.

he stood out because you were comparing him to Kelsay, Denney and Schoebel......lol

In other words, he was (debatable) our best DE, therefore making it legitimate that I think it's a reasonable claim for a poster to "miss" him.

Eh, he was a very talented specimen. He did have a steady role to prove this, but he stood out to me every time I watched the line.

i can agree with all of that.

Simply saying he had yet to develop into a great player. Might he have? Maybe.

In other words, he was (debatable) our best DE, therefore making it legitimate that I think it's a reasonable claim for a poster to "miss" him.

So you're telling me that a guy that had 2.5 sacks in 22 games with Buffalo is better than a guy that had 60+ sacks in 5 years and made 2 pro bowls?

Beyond ridiculous.

Hargrove was an on-field cheerleader, nothing more. His best ever NFL season, he had 5.5 sacks, and 3 came in one game (against SF). Other than that year, he's never eclipsed 3 in one season.

Crazy talk I tell you.