Cutler Officially Available

Rimjack

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have way too many needs to give up Trent Edwards and a 1st round pick and more for Cutler. I think it is true that Cutler is more proven than Edwards, but Edwards is a guy you can win with too. The 11th pick along with him for a guy everyone knows will be gone from Denver? I have to think Denver would jump at that and rightfully so.

Holy sh--! I almost fell for it...happy April Fools day to you too! <_<

Cutler has not played on a high level.

Cutler is 13-1 when the broncos def held their opposition to 21 or less points! That one loss came in a game againist GB in which GB won the coin toss in overtime and instantly threw a 82yd td to win. If that does not constitute as playing at a "high level," then your standards are astronomical and clearly erroneous! If the oppurtunity arises, we should fu_king jump at it! At this point, character issues are immaterial considering how our team has fared this past decade; hence, the acquisition of our new wideout!

All I know is that Denver is going to get a buttload of picks for Cutler!!

I'm thinking at least 2 1st's and a 2nd and 3rd. There are a lot of teams bidding on him, and some team is sure to overpay, and could end up mortgaging their future just like Minnesota did with the Cowboys ala Herschel Walker.

My guess is that the dumbazzes will be the Redskins. Snyder will pay ridiculous money for anyone who he becomes fixated with and I have to believe that Bus Cook will try to maneuver a deal with them knowing this.

I hope he doesn't go to the Jets. With Cutler as their QB, they instantly become much better than what they were before with Clemmons, even though it would be fun to watch when ever he would screw up, having to face the NY media, could get ugly since he doesn't seem to have thick enough skin to deal with the heavy criticism that NY can dish out. Regardless, he'd be a huge upgrade of what they all ready have.

Their will be tremendous pressure on both Cutler and Bowlen/Mcdaniel.

Cutler because he's starting to really get a bad reputation as a whining malcontent and that act won't fly for too long if he doesn't produce, specially considering all the picks that some lucky team will have to have given up to acquire him.

Bowlen/Mcdaniels as well are on the hot seat, and that is bad considering he hasn't even coached one single practice as of yet. He most likely is going to trade away their franchise QB, the one they have been looking for ever since Elway left, and the pressure will be on to produce QUICKLY. However, if he can hold off the heat for at least the first year, he most likely is going to have a lot of ammunition to work with, considering all the draft picks he will acquire through the trade.

On a sidenote, Denver picks right after us, I'm thinking we may be a target from a team, maybe like the Jets, who need a QB, and they may want to trade up into our spot to get Freeman, thinking that Denver may draft him.

Should be an interesting month. Get your popcorn ready!!

All I know is that Denver is going to get a buttload of picks for Cutler!!

I'm thinking at least 2 1st's and a 2nd and 3rd. There are a lot of teams bidding on him, and some team is sure to overpay, and could end up mortgaging their future just like Minnesota did with the Cowboys ala Herschel Walker.

My guess is that the dumbazzes will be the Redskins. Snyder will pay ridiculous money for anyone who he becomes fixated with and I have to believe that Bus Cook will try to maneuver a deal with them knowing this.

I hope he doesn't go to the Jets. With Cutler as their QB, they instantly become much better than what they were before with Clemmons, even though it would be fun to watch when ever he would screw up and facing the NY media, since he doesn't seem to have thick enough skin to deal with the heavy criticism that NY can dish out. Regardless, he'd be a huge upgrade of what they all ready have.

Their will be tremendous pressure on both Cutler and Bowlen/Mcdaniel.

Cutler because he's starting to really get a bad reputation as a whining malcontent and that act won't fly for too long if he doesn't produce, specially considering all the picks that some lucky team will have to have given up to acquire him.

Bowlen/Mcdaniels as well are on the hot seat, and that is bad considering he hasn't even coached one single practice as of yet. He most likely is going to trade away their franchise QB, the one they have been looking for ever since Elway left, and the pressure will be on to produce QUICKLY. However, if he can hold off the heat for at least the first year, he most likely is going to have a lot of ammunition to work with, considering all the draft picks he will acquire through the trade.

On a sidenote, Denver picks right after us, I'm thinking we may be a target from a team, maybe like the Jets, who need a QB, and they may want to trade up into our spot to get Freeman, thinking that Denver may draft him.

Should be an interesting month. Get your popcorn ready!!

The Bucs gave up four #1picks + 2 #2 picks for Keyshawn Johnson & Jon Gruden. Did they over pay? HELL YEAH, & it hurt the team in the long run, BUT they did win a SUPER BOWL. Was it worth it? I think it was.

The Bucs gave up four #1picks + 2 #2 picks for Keyshawn Johnson & Jon Gruden. Did they over pay? HELL YEAH, & it hurt the team in the long run, BUT they did win a SUPER BOWL. Was it worth it? I think it was.

Ya, except there is one big difference. Tony Dungy built that team, and they were all ready a top flight team when Gruden inherited them. Dungy was the main orchestrator of that franchise IMO. That may have been the most dominant defense we have seen in the NFL in the last 15 years, them and the Ravens. So I really wouldn't give those two too much credit for winning the SuperBowl. Sort of Like when Barry Switzer inherited his Superbowl after Jimmy Johnson left.

I would think that Denver would want to get a starting quarterback in return for Cutler along with a pick or a defensive starter.

NYJ, TB, Detroit, and Minn all have a need for Cutler, but none of them has a QB to include in a trade. The Bills may be a better trading partner for Denver because we could include Edwards in the trade. Cleveland could also be in there with Quinn or Anderson as part of the deal.

I just don't think that Denver would want to get only picks for Cutler as a rookie QB would not contribute for at least a year.

How about Edwards and Kelsay for Cutler? If they want they can have McCargo and Ellison too! <_<

Sounds like the Redskins are after him. I wouldn't want him, but I hope that somehow Washington and Denver both suffer for this trade. <_<

They would be, wouldn't they? And they did make the Portis/Bailey trade with the Donks a couple years ago.

Sounds like the Redskins are after him. I wouldn't want him, but I hope that somehow Washington and Denver both suffer for this trade. <_<

Washington also doesn't want to give a rookie 15-20 million in gauranteed money either which is what they're looking at with the 13th overall selection. They give that pick up along with their 3rd, dump Campbell, and they'll scramble to get under the cap the rest of the way out. They'll adress the OL with what picks they have left.

Ya, except there is one big difference. Tony Dungy built that team, and they were all ready a top flight team when Gruden inherited them. Dungy was the main orchestrator of that franchise IMO. That may have been the most dominant defense we have seen in the NFL in the last 15 years, them and the Ravens. So I really wouldn't give those two too much credit for winning the SuperBowl. Sort of Like when Barry Switzer inherited his Superbowl after Jimmy Johnson left.

ANY Bucs fan will tell you Dungy would NEVER have gotten the Bucs to the Super Bowl, & Keyshawn was traded for while Dungy was HC. I always thought the Bucs OVERPAID for Johnson, BUT he was on the Bucs Super Bowl team. Gruden brought in an OFFENSE which the Bucs NEVER had under Dungy to go with the GREAT Defense plus a few missing pieces McKardel, Pittman, Jurivicious. Dungy was only successful in Indy because he was told he had NO SAY in the offense. My point is if a team OVERPAYS for Cuttler but they win a Super Bowl with him are they really over paying? Think back, if I were to tell you the Bills would WIN at least one of those Super Bowls they lost if they gave up four #1 picks & two #2's BUT would suck for years afterwards would you go for it? I WOULD.

In fairness to Cutler, how do you think a 25-year old Jim Kelly would have responded under similar circumstances. If a new coach had come in and tried to trade him, Kelly would have wanted the hell out of Buffalo.

so true.

They would be, wouldn't they? And they did make the Portis/Bailey trade with the Donks a couple years ago.

I don't see an all out bidding war, Cutler is slightly damaged goods now, H2o has a good take, IMO, on what Cutler might bring. A 1st and a 3rd, and Campbell?

Washington also doesn't want to give a rookie 15-20 million in gauranteed money either which is what they're looking at with the 13th overall selection. They give that pick up along with their 3rd, dump Campbell, and they'll scramble to get under the cap the rest of the way out. They'll adress the OL with what picks they have left.

2nd, 3rd, and Campbell for Cutler perhaps? Not sure what picks Washington has, just throwing it out there for discussion.

In all seriousness, Buffalo wouldn't be doing their team or their fans due diligence without asking what the price might be for Cutler. He's more talented than Edwards and quarterbacks like Cutler are not an every day commodity. Also, Evans likes the deep ball and T.O. likes his touches. Cutler has the mentality to go deep and truly is a "pass happy" type quarterback.

Yes, is he whiny? Sure. Is he talented? Sure. Is he a head case? Sure, a little bit. Can he better Buffalo's roster? Absolutely. We did the same thing to get T.O. The only difference is quarterback is more of a vital position, Cutler is younger, and he definitely carries minimal baggage compared to T.O. and even Mr. Marshawn Lynch.

Buffalo should ask if Cutler could be had for three needs Denver has, a quarterback in return, a special teams ace, and a high draft pick.

Denver would have to consider leaping at a Trent Edwards, Roscoe Parrish, and 2nd round draft pick for Cutler.

Cutler matched up with Evans and Owens makes for a nasty passing game. Add in Lynch, Reed, and Jackson into the mix and the passing game opens up the running game and more opportunities for Reed in the slot.

Then, take the rest of our draft picks on the OL/DL and Buffalo actually has the makings of a playoff team.

Buffalo should consider it...seriously!!!

I like that scenario alot...you could give the trent, roscoe and a number 1 or 2 for Cutler. QB's like him only come around every so often. I really think he will end up in San Fran or Detroit but stranger things have happened and we never truly know whats going on behind the scenes.

I like that scenario alot...you could give the trent, roscoe and a number 1 or 2 for Cutler. QB's like him only come around every so often. I really think he will end up in San Fran or Detroit but stranger things have happened and we never truly know whats going on behind the scenes.

His numbers are very Jeff George-like, and he's a similar player as well. He will throw for 4000+ yards but he will take a ridiculous amount of attempts to do it, and he will make many boneheaded plays. He had an 86 QB rating last year, and he will be leaving behind one the best offensive lines, WR corps, pass catching TE, and running games in the NFL. He needs great protection and receivers to be a good QB in this league, and i don't know what team he could go to that has that.

I don't see an all out bidding war, Cutler is slightly damaged goods now, H2o has a good take, IMO, on what Cutler might bring. A 1st and a 3rd, and Campbell?

2nd, 3rd, and Campbell for Cutler perhaps? Not sure what picks Washington has, just throwing it out there for discussion.

A team doesn't come out and say they are going to trade a player, unless they have many teams trying to aquire him. The Bills would never say they are looking to trade Peters. It's all part of the bargaining strategy. If you have a couple teams interested, you act as though you really want to keep the player and try to drive up the price. If most of the league is interested, you simply announce that the player is going to be traded and watch everyone bid against eachother. Regardless of what any goof on this site says about Cutler, he is going to be chased by MANY teams. The starting price is 2 first rounders and will go up. It will be interesting to see what happens to Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler, and that vaunted Denver running game next year without Cutler.

My first day with the NFL Network. Hooray for me!

Right now, they are doing a segment using a bracket format to predict which team will get Cutler. Bills not even in the discussion.

Good

A team doesn't come out and say they are going to trade a player, unless they have many teams trying to aquire him. The Bills would never say they are looking to trade Peters. It's all part of the bargaining strategy. If you have a couple teams interested, you act as though you really want to keep the player and try to drive up the price. If most of the league is interested, you simply announce that the player is going to be traded and watch everyone bid against eachother. Regardless of what any goof on this site says about Cutler, he is going to be chased by MANY teams. The starting price is 2 first rounders and will go up. It will be interesting to see what happens to Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler, and that vaunted Denver running game next year without Cutler.

Agreed!!

It would be a bad idea to show our cards by announcing that Peters is available. It is totally different in the Cutler situation because of the demand for him. So by placing Cutler on the trading block, this far out from the draft, there will be a huge bidding war for him. Where as Peters, is a totally different situation. All we know is that there MAY be one or two teams that are interested. We would be taking a huge risk if no suitors for Peters stepped up to the plate and his value would go down.

The best approach is the approach that Russ Brandon is taking, which seems to be very pragmatic and patient. It's hardly ever a good idea to make a rash and emotional decision, thank god he doesn't have the same mind set that alot of people on this board have on this matter.

At 25 years old, even with a whiny attitude, Cutler is a beast. I'd take him in a heartbeat. As one previous poster mentioned, Cutler is 13-1 when his defense actually shows up (which is rare in Denver). You'd have to imagine that he could continue putting up numbers like that with a decent defense (I'd say ours is an upgrade over Denver's D).

Also, the implications that he could have for Lynch/Jackson are crazy to think about. Our running game is already good, and we're thought of as a run first team. Cutler (along with the changes in the WR corps) makes us an instant pass first team.

Imagine what ML/FJ could do when defenses are forced not to stack players in the box and respect our passing game slightly more.

That being said, I somehow doubt we'll pay the asking price for Cutler or we'll be able to compete with some of the bids other franchises will offer. Hopefully he just doesn't end up playing for the Jets.