Jim Kelly on KTAR AM in Phoenix This Morning

BamBam

It was nice to hear Jim this morning while driving to work. He was on KTAR 620 with Doug and Wolf (Wolf being orchard park native and former NFL player Ron Wolfley)

Jim spoke very well about Hunters Hope and his reasons for being in Arizona to meet with the Gov about improving the number of dieses that they test for. Currently AZ is at 29 of 59, so he has some work to do.

He also spoke about the TO, and he feels that it was a good move. Said that the team needed to make the move after the fan backlash to the coaching staff being retained.

I also found it interesting he was asked about keeping the Bills in NY and while he spoke with much respect for Mr. Wilson he said the following; He (Kelly) has aligned himself with "someone" that has the same vision and means for keeping the team in WNY, and that when Ralph is ready to talk, he (Kelly) is ready to speak with him.

Any ideas on who he was speaking about? to hear the interview click on the link below. Great Interview...

Jim Kelly on KTAR 620

I've heard, from someone I believe, that the investors Jim has lined up are the Maloof bros.

I have heard that too, but it was a while back, and the insinuation was that they watned to buy an NFL team (Bills, Jags and Vikings were mentioned as most likely IIRC) and move them to Los Angeles. You know, if the Bills do move, I would almost rather it be to L.A. than to Toronto...

All in all, I think Golisano, for better or worse, is our best hope. He is very much invested in the WNY area, and the loss of the Bills would hurt his other business interests as well. That was his stated reason for buying the Sabres...losing the Bills would be really devastating in many ways, to WNY.

I have heard that too, but it was a while back, and the insinuation was that they watned to buy an NFL team (Bills, Jags and Vikings were mentioned as most likely IIRC) and move them to Los Angeles. You know, if the Bills do move, I would almost rather it be to L.A. than to Toronto...

All in all, I think Golisano, for better or worse, is our best hope. He is very much invested in the WNY area, and the loss of the Bills would hurt his other business interests as well. That was his stated reason for buying the Sabres...losing the Bills would be really devastating in many ways, to WNY.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why anyone in their right mind - and in the Buffalo region - would rather the team move to L.A. than Toronto!?! That's insane! Hey, it's easy to drive to Toronto, or take a train, or a bus trip, or boat, etc. But, L.A.???

Give me a break!

I'd rather them move to Toronto than: L.A., San Antonio, Oklahoma, etc.

I don't think they would. But with Jim being involved I don't see the team moving. Also, for all the flack we give it, the "regionalization" of the team makes it more attractive.

I agree that regionalizing it is the way to go. I could live with the team moving to Toronto, but that's a last resort.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why anyone in their right mind - and in the Buffalo region - would rather the team move to L.A. than Toronto!?! That's insane! Hey, it's easy to drive to Toronto, or take a train, or a bus trip, or boat, etc. But, L.A.???

Give me a break!

I completely understand what you are saying... I am not in the Buffalo region (born and raised though!), but it is just the emotion kicking in.... to me it is sort of like your older brother running off with your girlfriend...

Ha! The Donald as owner would be awesome. Kelsey...... You're fired!

Ha- I think you could probably include Jauron, Schonert and Fewell to that list too. . . .

I wonder if Trump does end up buying the team, if he would make a football reality show out of the season/off season. Although it might not necessarly good for on the field performance, but it would certainly make the team money. And hey, if TO can do it, the Donald definately can!

It's an open secret.....Golisano.

I had thought Golisano but wasn't sure if that was him. I thought it was interesting that he made it a special point to say that he aligned with someone who is bought in on keeping the Bills in Buffalo. It seems that he is much further down the path then we thought?

Niagara county produce, teds hot dogs, jims steak out, charlie the butcher, Duff's. and laNovas, and Athenas Greek resturant in north townawanda.... are planning on buying the bills and moving them to strawberry Island..lol

mighty taco, sahlens, bison dip and andersons are rumored to be forming a counter bid to move the team to goat island

Trump does make sense now. I remember him and Margo or Marlo or whatever her name was being here for something with Kelly back in the day...........And, Kelly was a would be NJ General or whatever their name was.......Trump would love to be an NFL owner. It really does all fit...........Maloofs don't make much sense.

Give me a break!

Let me explain it to you. Your wife who you have LOVED with all your heart and will ALWAYS LOVE until the day you die, decides to DIVORCE you & marry some jerk. Do you want her & him living across the street from you or across the country? It is MUCH easier to put that PAIN behind you when it is not staring you in the face everyday. If the Bills were to move totally to Toronto they would no longer be the Buffalo Bills. They would not be Buffalo's team anymore than the Pittsburg Steelers, Jets, Giants, or Browns are. To add insult to injury if moved to Toronto, the new TORONTO TEAM would most likely have ALL their games televised in Buffalo, if moved to LA, that would not happen.

can somone explain to me the car thing... i think it has to do with skooby...just knowing would make my time on here more fun...

Some time back Skooby was reporting inside information (I think in regards to the retention of coach Jauron, insinuating he would be fired, I could be wrong though) and someone made a comment that his inside info was bullsheet. (paraphrasing now....)

Then he came back with some comment that he has no need to lie and his sources are good because his car cost more than the avg house in buffalo. Then he set himself up to be flamed for the next ten years. :thumbsup: It was quite the comeback.

Here it is word for word

"My car is worth more than the average home in Buffalo, so as per where I am and who I talk to is really different than who you do. People give me information all the time and as you see in my little pick, I shake hands with our crew on occasion. You can tear me a new one but as of now DJ looks to be gone. Will cooler heads prevail and DJ / Ralph sleep on it and come to an arragement where some of the staff gets axed / moved a DJ stays on, well that's another story.

Ralph likes DJ and thinks of him as a Marv type Ivy leaguer. The problem I see is that without a Polian type upstairs, the talent we field is good for nothing."

-Skooby

How about Warren Buffett? Owner of the Buffalo News and big sports fan.

Not the worst idea but not likely. And as far as Trump goes I highly doubt it. Trump is a business man. He tries to make money with his investments. He could make more money investing a billion dollars in something else.

It could be the Maloofs. They do already own two pro franchises, but didn't they threaten to move Sacremento to Las Vegas if a new arena wasn't built? That kind of scares me.

It's most likely Galisano.

Let me explain it to you. Your wife who you have LOVED with all your heart and will ALWAYS LOVE until the day you die, decides to DIVORCE you & marry some jerk. Do you want her & him living across the street from you or across the country? It is MUCH easier to put that PAIN behind you when it is not staring you in the face everyday. If the Bills were to move totally to Toronto they would no longer be the Buffalo Bills. They would not be Buffalo's team anymore than the Pittsburg Steelers, Jets, Giants, or Browns are. To add insult to injury if moved to Toronto, the new TORONTO TEAM would most likely have ALL their games televised in Buffalo, if moved to LA, that would not happen.

On the other hand, if your ex wife was close by, you could still stop in and bang her every now and then. Driving a little to get some is still better than not getting any. <_<

Not the worst idea but not likely. And as far as Trump goes I highly doubt it. Trump is a business man. He tries to make money with his investments. He could make more money investing a billion dollars in something else.

It could be the Maloofs. They do already own two pro franchises, but didn't they threaten to move Sacremento to Las Vegas if a new arena wasn't built? That kind of scares me.

It's most likely Galisano.

You're right! Trump does like to make money! But you know what else he likes?

Bingo!!!

The Spotlight!!!