Informed Speculation - Buffalo Rumblings

BillsNYC

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he's had two. His undrafted free agent contract and the one they gave him after he replaced Mike Williams at right tackle. He's shooting for his 3rd contract. Shoulda been done long ago. The damage is done and he's probably gone.

Umm... no actually it's like his 5th contract. he was a FA signing. Then cut, signed to practice squad. Then signed off practice squad, then given a 5 year deal when he got the starting tackle gig. So he is trying for at least his 5th contract reneg in 5 seasons.

If the lions are willing give us their 2 latter 1st round picks for Peters and our 3rd, it's on like donkey kong. We could draft 3 guys in the first round and have a better than average chance of 2 of them improving our team almost instantly. Peters is a liability for the team if he isn't going to play ball or get with the program early on. $600 K last year didn't even phase him, plan on more of the same this year if allowed to fester.

I don't want to deal Peters myself, but if we did, said player AND a 3rd would be foolish.

Why? Because he signed a contract to play RT 3 years ago then was asked to play LT where he was voted to the probowl, and is considered one of the top LT's in the league and still has much room to improve???? The man deserves a raise. I would have rather he not sit out, but all the Bills needed to do was renegotiate to get him into camp. The Bills got him cheap for three years. It's time to pay up. I firmly believe a contract is a contract. But if you get a promotion ie RT to LT, some adjustment, $$$$$, should be made. The FO instead decided to play hardball. And you wonder why FA's don't land here!

What if the Bills have offered $10M a year and he turned them down? Would you offer more?

Just for the record, how come when I mentioned Philly and Detroit, as the most likely trade partners for Peters on Dec 23 12:55 pm, I took a ton of abuse but now it's just accepted as common sense.

Because your username is billybob.

Just for the record, how come when I mentioned Philly and Detroit, as the most likely trade partners for Peters on Dec 23 12:55 pm, I took a ton of abuse but now it's just accepted as common sense.

Not to worry - your official Atta Boy, along with your cash prize and 'Unprecedented Prescience Trophy' for recognizing the obvious, are all in the mail - accompanied by your 'Certificate of Two Bills Drive Deity Status'. :thumbsup:

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Andre Smith play, but wasn't he supposed to be the #1 overall before the combine. And also, how come no one talks about Michael Oher as a possibility as well if Peters is traded?

because Oher is suppose to be gone by the time the #11 pick comes about.

Andre Smith made some very questionable decisions towards the end of his college career and after, that has caused there to be some red flags to be raised. Also have you seen the rack on that guy? YIKES!!! :thumbsup:

Andre Smith made some very questionable decisions towards the end of his college career and after, that has caused there to be some red flags to be raised. Also have you seen the rack on that guy? YIKES!!! :thumbsup:

HAHAH, yea, he has a nice rack. Somewhere on this thread was a youtube video of game highlights. He looks like a beast, and pretty damn agile for a guy his size. Other than Mike Williams I don't see too many high tackle busts. At least not recently. I could be wrong though

What is with people's fascination with Andre Smith. He appears to be another Mike Williams in the making. Fantastic talent, but no heart or work ethic.

If Jason Peters is so terrible as some people say, then who the hell will give us a 1st round pick for a lousy player.

It is still early in the off-season. Give them time to go through the negotiation process. I believe we will sign Peters, I hope.

the rack has already been brought up ad nauseum in this thread - let's let it go

This draft is being labled as a lineman draft, you can go wrong so I won't say "You can't go wrong" but with talent in every round(even in the projected 5th round), we are seeing guys who can be starters and potential probowlers. In this draft alone I can see 8 future probowlers on the line. As a front office we need to address our situation based upon the talent available, attitude and potential.

Do they fit with our system? Do they have injury issues? Do they have attitude issues? Can they start right away? Can they keep their weight under control?

Point is this draft is LOADED with linemen ready to make an impact in the NFL, I just hope we pick a few to groom ourselves.

Do I have my popcorn, yup! If we traded for Cutler I'd sit in the front row with a garbage bag full of popcorn!

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/3/29/...med-speculation

I guess take it for what its worth, but these guys have been right on their insider info before with the Bills.

"1) Let's just say the Bills think that their star left tackle not only will stay out of the spring conditioning program, but also the OTAs, and training camp come summer. Let's just also say that they think there is an excellent chance he won't come in for the 2009 season until the tenth game - thus not losing a FA year. Let's just also say that he is demanding he be the highest-paid LT in the NFL and won't budge on this in their salary negotiations. What do you think they should do, or plan to do?

2) Let's just say that they think that a certain Alabama LT is by far the best OT available and have checked out certain problematic personal issues.

3) Let's say that they think that Brandon Pettigrew is a very special player. A "one in five years" kind of guy at the position.

4) Let's say that of the three USC linebackers, a certain Mr. Matthews has by far the greatest upside. At least in the eyes of OBD.

5) Let's say that Mr. Maybin may not have the physical stature/strength to fill the role all of YOU so dearly want him to."

Let's just say that the term "let's just say" is really pissin me off.

Let's just say that my answer for question 1 and the rest of the "speculations" listed above is as follows:

Let Peters hold out. It appeared to me that the Bills were better without him. As for the draft, get the best player available in round 1, then fill in the gaps.