Informed Speculation - Buffalo Rumblings

BillsNYC

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Andre Smith remind you of Mike Williams? Because you're a Bills fan thats why! Smith dominated the SEC for 3 years starting when he was a true freshman. He was a 3 time All American/SEC and he won the Outland trophy by the time he was 21. Look at what happened to Alabama when Smith got suspended, they got rolled by Utah! The dude is a difference maker who acted his age for a month, otherwise he had a squeaky clean record at Bama. Take Peter's or Walker's shirt off and let them run the 40, it ain't gonna be pretty! The Mike Williams comparisons have to stop because Williams never came close to doing what Smith has done ON THE FIELD!

ya, and have you seen the rack on Andre Smith?

impressive

I want to keep him, but he doesnt deserve $12 million.

I'd like for someone to show what he's demanding, and what Buffalo's offering. There's plenty of speculation, but nothing more than that. Rumors say Buffalo put up 8.5M, while Parker wants 11.5M. No one knows for sure at this point, and saying he wants 12M is akin to saying RW's shoulder most likely has a rotator cuff tear.

All we know is Peters wants more than what Buffalo is offering, something to the tune of 3M more than what Buffalo offered as of about three weeks ago.

ya, and have you seen the rack on Andre Smith?

impressive

Again, take off the shirts of 90% of the offensive lineman in the NFL and it will not be impressive. Hell, I bet you got teets! The guy dominated in the best conference in football for 3 years. He came into college as the most hyped OL in years and he did nothing but exceed expectation.

What to do with Peters... The Bills could:

1.) Cave in and make him the highest paid LT in the league - even though he is maybe in only the 5th-10th best range. Is Peters the dependable type player that the Bills gamble the franchise on? He's missed games due to injury in the last two years.

2.) Leave the current offer on the table and if he doesn't show up for work, pull the offer and play hardball. After fines and missed game checks, if Peters does not report until week 10 he will end up playing for about 0.5M this year whilst not helping his market value. I guess the Bills would count on T.O. to take the media spotlight and minimize the disruption. Under this scenario, they would need to trade Peters in 2010, perhaps for a 2nd round pick.

3.) Trade him in 2009. For at least a late first round pick I would think. I think he's worth more than that, given he's pro-bowler, proven starter, and under contract next for two more years.

My hope is that Peters signs on the Bills terms. I'd rather have him than a 1st round pick in trade. I doubt Peters forfeits any game checks. But if he does miss games, it cost the Bills disruptuon and a roster spot - for which they'd be able to get an exemption.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/3/29/...med-speculation

I guess take it for what its worth, but these guys have been right on their insider info before with the Bills.

2) Let's just say that they think that a certain Alabama LT is by far the best OT available and have checked out certain problematic personal issues.

omFg no. please no. for the love of god and all things sacred and mercifull please dont let this happen. kittens will cry if we do this...

Why does Andre Smith remind you of Mike Williams? Because you're a Bills fan thats why! Smith dominated the SEC for 3 years starting when he was a true freshman. He was a 3 time All American/SEC and he won the Outland trophy by the time he was 21. Look at what happened to Alabama when Smith got suspended, they got rolled by Utah! The dude is a difference maker who acted his age for a month, otherwise he had a squeaky clean record at Bama. Take Peter's or Walker's shirt off and let them run the 40, it ain't gonna be pretty! The Mike Williams comparisons have to stop because Williams never came close to doing what Smith has done ON THE FIELD!

Thankyou!! Andre Smith can't even be compare him to Mike Williams. Smith can be a great player in this league and could be truly dominant. There is a reason people think he is a top 12 pick even after his antics.

I don't think you can point to one guy who's been developed from their rookie season better than Peters. So many fans rag on him for the bad 08 season, but his play at a high level from late 06 to 07 proves what he can do when he's there in camp.

If the Bills trade him and throw up the white flag to Peters and Parker, it goes to show that the Bills are not interested in winning right now. Because what they get in return will be draft picks and that's not going to help in 09 like Peters would.

What you are failing to recognize is that his bad play in '08 proves the other side of what he can and is capable of doing. Do I want him on the team, of course.. But his high level of playing was in the past, and let's hope that he will put the bad play in the past and return to elite form.

Thankyou!! Andre Smith can't even be compare him to Mike Williams. Smith can be a great player in this league and could be truly dominant. There is a reason people think he is a top 12 pick even after his antics.

Bills fans live in this myopic little world where every pass rusher has to be Bruce, every charachter guy is Phill Hansen and every QB from California is a burnout loser with long hair. Anyone who has watched an Alabama game in the last 3 years knows what Andre Smith can do. Are there charachter issues? Of course there are... for him and every other prospect. Mike Williams never came close to what Smith's done on the field but because the tub of lard was the Bill's most famous bust, Andre Smith is his clone.

Bills fans live in this myopic little world where every pass rusher has to be Bruce, every charachter guy is Phill Hansen and every QB from California is a burnout loser with long hair. Anyone who has watched an Alabama game in the last 3 years knows what Andre Smith can do. Are there charachter issues? Of course there are... for him and every other prospect. Mike Williams never came close to what Smith's done on the field but because the tub of lard was the Bill's most famous bust, Andre Smith is his clone.

Walt Patulski and Tom Cousineau would be deeply offended by your claim. Phil Dokes too.

Great post. You have nailed TBD scouting perfectly. Personally, I think a better comparison for Smith is Warren Sapp. Different positions and different infractions but same level college performance. Both of these players suffered from a little immaturity at the wrong time. Some team is going to luck out and grab him later than he should go, IMO.

Great post. You have nailed TBD scouting perfectly. Personally, I think a better comparison for Smith is Warren Sapp. Different positions and different infractions but same level college performance. Both of these players suffered from a little immaturity at the wrong time. Some team is going to luck out and grab him later than he should go, IMO.

Good call, except Sapp's vice was Chronic and Smith's seems to be doughnuts.

I have read he has great footwork for a big guy and is hard to get around. Game film is always the first source of information before a workout.

But the thing is, Smith was in WORSE shape this season and was, again on film the best left tackle.