Informed Speculation - Buffalo Rumblings

BillsNYC

There are some really ignorant posters here. I love how people on this MB continue to act like Jason Peters is not an elite, game-breaking left tackle. You do understand that football is a dynamic game right? For example, if you have one legit receiving threat who draws double coverage on every play without a single other weapon who can create a mismatch to exploit, your quarterback is going to be sacked more or throw more interceptions. Since TE only threw 10 interceptions, its safe to say he was taking sacks that never should have been necessary and won't be with TO on the field. And yet you continue to blame Jason Peters for it. Also, JP is a beast and a dominating presence in the running game, regardless of how many sacks he gives up. To suggest trading this guy is to say you don't mind another failed season with no playoffs. Maybe a lot of you guys are used to losing, but myself, I'd hate to see the Bills take a 350lb step backwards.

Edit: I could live with a Peters trade if the Bills could acquire two solid starters in return to fill holes on the roster, but Peters' value in trade is going to be damaged by his antics and it is highly unlikely we are going to come out ahead for any deal involving him.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some really ignorant posters here. I love how people on this MB continue to act like Jason Peters is not an elite, game-breaking left tackle. You do understand that football is a dynamic game right? For example, if you have one legit receiving threat who draws double coverage on every play without a single other weapon who can create a mismatch to exploit, your quarterback is going to be sacked more or throw more interceptions. Since TE only threw 10 interceptions, its safe to say he was taking sacks that never should have been necessary and won't be with TO on the field. And yet you continue to blame Jason Peters for it. Also, JP is a beast and a dominating presence in the running game, regardless of how many sacks he gives up. To suggest trading this guy is to say you don't mind another failed season with no playoffs. Maybe a lot of you guys are used to losing, but myself, I'd hate to see the Bills take a 350lb step backwards.

Claiming that Edwards won't take coverage sacks this year simply because TO is on the field suggests a bit of.....ignorance.

I don't know if he is elite. Elite to me is Brady, Peppers, Manning, Peterson, Fitzgerald and Peters doesn't belong in that category. He is very good but he wants to be paid like an elite player.

This discussion is completely moot at this point anyway because:

1- THE BILLS WILL NOT PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS

2- THEREFORE HE WILL NOT BE A BILL IN '09

DISCUSSION IS OVER. NOW LETS GO GET CUTLER!!!!!