Righ People in the Right Postions

Duality

Almost like glycerine.....almost

WR. Evans, Simply put Speed and skill

Ownes, A constant threat, Hall of Famer

Reed, Clutch 3rd down reciever

Parrish, Explosive, you think a LB can keep up with him?

Hardy, His size makes for mismatches, needs to run better routes, learning

RB Lynch, Two words, Beast Mode!

Jackson, One of the best "backups" at that postion

QB Edwards, Calm, Cool and collective

TE ??????????????

This is a team that can be explosive this year, somthing like last years Cardinals. We need to find a starting TE, Gonzo would be amazing, and have Turk be as creative as possible! Im worried about our lines cohesion, but if Peters decides to show up and we can find a decent guard in the third round, Ill be satisfied.

Its all about the right person at the right postions. I like Reed, Parrish and Hardy(someday)but they cant stand up to other teams DBs. Putting anyone of them in the slot instantly creates a mismatch, in one of them youll find speed, size and dependability.

Its funny how one offseason signing adjusted the roster to make this team "deep", to go elite we need a play making, pass protecting TE. Ill always be a Bills fan, but this year Id like to be a happy Bills fan.

The potential is exciting. If Owens is anything close to form, and the offense is entirely healthy, then this is a group that many an offensive coordinator could have lots of fun with. We'll have to wait and see what they actually do, though. They had Lynch and Jackson last year, and Evans, and there were times when it seemed (for about three games straight) that Edwards was terrified, absolutely unwilling to throw the ball further than five yards. One member pointed out that it was because he was called upon to always throw to Evans, and Evans was always double or triple covered. That seems very possible, but, the O-line needs to improve a bunch in order for there to be a really successful offense here. I mean, with those two stud running backs, there should be all the ground yards we need; and then, when we have to throw it, there should be multiple people open. A lot of "shoulds"... I think our line needs to be above average for us to have a good offense. A really good line, and a good tight end, and our offense should be great. And, with that, our defense can take some risks, and be fresh. Hell, they should put in some no huddle. With the right pieces in place, they could have a lot of fun and success this year.

I can't figure the TE question out.

Will this team draft for impact/playmaker on D? I was 99% sure up till this weeek.

Now thinking they would love to trade down a few and grab Pettigrew. They may even take him at 11.

Do you swing for the fences on O or try for a difference maker on D?

I can't figure the TE question out.

Will this team draft for impact/playmaker on D? I was 99% sure up till this weeek.

Now thinking they would love to trade down a few and grab Pettigrew. They may even take him at 11.

Do you swing for the fences on O or try for a difference maker on D?

They better not trade down past the jets, who are high on Petigrew and surely will grab him fro what I have been reading in the nj/ny city papers.

Almost like glycerine.....almost

WR. Evans, Simply put Speed and skill

Ownes, A constant threat, Hall of Famer

Reed, Clutch 3rd down reciever

Parrish, Explosive, you think a LB can keep up with him?

Hardy, His size makes for mismatches, needs to run better routes, learning

RB Lynch, Two words, Beast Mode!

Jackson, One of the best "backups" at that postion

QB Edwards, Calm, Cool and collective

TE ??????????????

This is a team that can be explosive this year, somthing like last years Cardinals. We need to find a starting TE, Gonzo would be amazing, and have Turk be as creative as possible! Im worried about our lines cohesion, but if Peters decides to show up and we can find a decent guard in the third round, Ill be satisfied.

Its all about the right person at the right postions. I like Reed, Parrish and Hardy(someday)but they cant stand up to other teams DBs. Putting anyone of them in the slot instantly creates a mismatch, in one of them youll find speed, size and dependability.

Its funny how one offseason signing adjusted the roster to make this team "deep", to go elite we need a play making, pass protecting TE. Ill always be a Bills fan, but this year Id like to be a happy Bills fan.

The offensive line has the strong potential to be in shambles, and nothing above will even matter.

You are a little ahead of yourself in this analysis:

• Trent Edwards is far from an elite QB. The Cards had Warner and the weapons.
  • Buffalo's O-line still has questions hanging over it.
  • Related to the above Peters is not signed yet - for all of you wanting to trade him how good will the line be with Chambers at RG, Walker at LG and Bell(? -- or someone else) at LG? Pretty scary thought isn't it.
  • Reed is far from "clutch" - at times yes but never consistently over a season
  • Not hard to cover parrish when he gets jammed at the line - joke as a WR

Lets get the line solidified - then maybe we can start getting happy with predictions.

• Related to the above Peters is not signed yet - for all of you wanting to trade him how good will the line be with Chambers at RG, Walker at LG and Bell(? -- or someone else) at LG? Pretty scary thought isn't it.

Lets get the line solidified - then maybe we can start getting happy with predictions.

Last year in March, Kurt Warner was not an elite QB

The Card's o-line had questions hanging over it

Mike Gandy started at LT

Buffalo has a good of chance as any other team to be this years Arizona

More specifically the middle of the line. I think our offensive tackles are pretty good but the middle is a big time question mark.

Would you say that Hangartner could be better than Fowler? Most would even say he is an upgrade.

Butler, was injured part of last year, and another year under the belt, wouldn't you say we would be better here as well?

Dockery really didn't play that well, would you agree on that? As of now, it looks as if we are weaker in this position, maybe. There are some possible guys who could step in like Chambers or Bell, but I would agree that it is downgraded as of now. But don't you think it is possible that we may draft a gaurd or still get one through FA or trade? We could upgrade here as well.

So the way I see it is, worst case scenario, we've upgraded in 2 areas and downgraded in one, unless we are hit with the injury bug and Hangartner turns out to be a flop. Best case scenario we upgrade in all three areas.

I would suggest that the single biggest problem with our offense has been... predictability in the play calling. Look no further than the final Pats* game last year. Given the weather both teams knew the other was running the majority of downs. Buffalo had about 3 or 4 run plays that they steadily rotated through. The Pats* had about a dozen.

Look at any game from last season when we were on offense. You'll see the defense adjust presnap and have extra guys right in the whole. You'll hear them call out "left, left" as they all shift left and Lynch runs left for no gain. You'll see them all drop off the line at just the right time, double cover all the receivers and Edwards look lost trying to find someone open.

Has anyone ever seen how we run a WR screen and how any other successful team runs one? Other teams: WR far left, Slot receiver. Ball is hiked, slot guy kicks out and blocks the CB covering the WR, LT kicks out and blocks CB that was on the slot guy. WR catches the ball behind the LOS and runs for 5 yards. Buffalo: WR far left, Slot receiver. Ball is hiked, slot guy blocks the CB covering him. WR catches the ball behind the LOS, the CB that was lined up 2 yds off him runs up and takes him for no gain. See the difference?

How many times have you seen Reed go in motion and we run to exactly where he stops? Or 3rd and 3 and we have no one in the backfield ever wonder if Trent is looking to pass in that situation? And so on and so forth. So, yes, it may be exciting that TO gives us more potential options; having a real tight end would also be great, but until TS proves he can design and implement a professional NFL offense, I just can't see how any of it will matter.

I would suggest that the single biggest problem with our offense has been... predictability in the play calling.

:(:angry::(

Bravo! Couldn't agree more.

With that said, Turk was less predictable in his first year as OC, than Fairchild was in his last, with the Bills. That isn't really saying much, though.

I am hoping that Jauron's reprieve, and the addition of TO and a quality TE might change that situation a bit. I am not at all convinced it will, but I can hope.

:(:angry::(

Bravo! Couldn't agree more.

With that said, Turk was less predictable in his first year as OC, than Fairchild was in his last, with the Bills. That isn't really saying much, though.

I am hoping that Jauron's reprieve, and the addition of TO and a quality TE might change that situation a bit. I am not at all convinced it will, but I can hope.

Completely agree there. It also seemed that our first 4 games were somewhat decent in regards to play calling. I actually recall seeing a quick slant on a 3rd and 4 (something close to that) and nearly dropping out of my chair. I actually called my sister and we celebrated.

Alas, it was not meant to last. By midseason, I was watching the most boring predictable football imaginable.

More specifically the middle of the line. I think our offensive tackles are pretty good but the middle is a big time question mark.

Our LT is special but only if he is extended

we have no LG. whoever they end up with will not be as good as Dockery

Our C is a career backup who was not good enough in Carolina and was replaced.

watching TO's head explode over piss poor OL play should be entertaining

I tend to agree with your "glass half empty" analysis, except I had no issue with Josh Reed last year.

Last year in March, Kurt Warner was not an elite QB

The Card's o-line had questions hanging over it

Mike Gandy started at LT

Buffalo has a good of chance as any other team to be this years Arizona

When can we start playing in the NFCW?

Specialty players sell tickets, but they don't win games. It's cliche, but Buffalo never seems to combine a strong OL with those aforementioned speciality types at WR and RB.

On defense, the clear lack of a pass rush hampers everything else they try to do. If there's one type of defense requiring a pass rush, it's the endangered species of the C2. No one's running it anymore besides the Bills, Vikings, and Bears. So while it's nice to talk about CBs, LBs, RBs, and WRs, I don't see much changing until they can handle things at the LOS.