KC's DT Glenn Dorsey and other player personnel may not be

It's interesting to see how Pioli and Haley resolve this situation. I expect them to sooner or later to purge a portion of the players in a trade(s) that Herm Edwards was assembling in Kansas City.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...41728&rwr=1

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1106883.html

Would anyone be willing to trade our 2010 1st rd draft pick for Dorsey? Just asking.

They're not going to trade him. If he doesn't work out, he can make the change to LDE and be a great run stopping DE in the 3-4.

Dorsey is a horrible fit for a 3-4 end. He's short and stocky, with short arms, and choppy steps Most 3-4 ends are taller with longer arms. Think Richard Seymour, Aaron smith, Trevor Pryce, Chris Canty. All 6'4 and just tipping the scales at 300. Dorsey is just about 6'1 and 300lbs. He has a broader frame, and is a penetrating dt. Tailor made for the 4-3.

I loved Dorsey coming out. But this is why having systems is dumb. Adjust your systems to your players. Find a good player and find a way to use them to their strengths. Coaches over think things too much. But KC would be braindead to trade Dorsey after one year.

and with this question I would assume that you are implying that he isn't worth a damn.

ya your probably right, it's all down hill from here. :D

No, I'm implying that I wouldn't give a high pick for him if he didn't prove to be worth something last year.

Dorsey is a horrible fit for a 3-4 end. He's short and stocky, with short arms, and choppy steps Most 3-4 ends are taller with longer arms. Think Richard Seymour, Aaron smith, Trevor Pryce, Chris Canty. All 6'4 and just tipping the scales at 300. Dorsey is just about 6'1 and 300lbs. He has a broader frame, and is a penetrating dt. Tailor made for the 4-3.

I totally agree. Speaking of Richard Seymor, I wouldn't be too surprised if he were to land up in a trade to KC with some draft picks for the #3 pick overall draft pick. He's due big money, his cap charge for 2009 is $11.34 million and as of right now he's scheduled to be a free agent in 2010. The Chiefs are draft pick poor and have the wrong personnel for what they want to incorporate philosophy wise. Add in that the Patriots have picks to spend, the front office of both franchises are friendly and Curry would be a good fit for New England. Here's what the Patriots have in picks in this year's draft.

Patriots Draft Board

Rd----Selection--------Overall-------------How Acquired

1--------23---------------23---------------Original Draft Pick

2---------2---------------34----------------From Kansas City

2--------15---------------47----------------From San Diego

2--------26---------------58---------------Original Draft Pick

3--------25---------------89---------------Original Draft Pick

3--------33---------------97---------------Compensatory Pick

4--------24--------------124---------------Original Draft Pick

5--------34--------------170---------------Compensatory Pick

6--------26--------------199---------------Original Draft Pick

6--------34--------------207---------------Compensatory Pick

7--------25--------------234---------------Original Draft Pick

I loved Dorsey coming out. But this is why having systems is dumb. Adjust your systems to your players. Find a good player and find a way to use them to their strengths. Coaches over think things too much. But KC would be braindead to trade Dorsey after one year.

I totally agree with you.

I can't see them trading the guy because his deal, signed just last year, had $22 million in gauranteed money. That would have the Chiefs taking a $15+ million dollar cap hit as well, depending upon how much he wa payed out last season. I also think the guy would be a stud DE in the 3-4. I don't see KC axing him anywhere in the future just yet.

No, I'm implying that I wouldn't give a high pick for him if he didn't prove to be worth something last year.

Expecting defensive linemen, particularly interior linemen, to be effective their first year just isn't very reasonable. It happens occasionally, but almost always these guys need a year or two to get in serious shape and to adjust to the pro game.

So right now would likely be the only time to get him at a value price. The guy is going to be a very good one.l

I totally agree. Speaking of Richard Seymor, I wouldn't be too surprised if he were to land up in a trade to KC with some draft picks for the #3 pick overall draft pick.

Seymour arguably isn't worth a 3rd round pick at this point.

Expecting defensive linemen, particularly interior linemen, to be effective their first year just isn't very reasonable. It happens occasionally, but almost always these guys need a year or two to get in serious shape and to adjust to the pro game.

So right now would likely be the only time to get him at a value price. The guy is going to be a very good one.

I understand that it takes time. But there is no guarantee that Dorsey will develop.

Granted, I only watched a few of Dorsey's games in college, but I have to say, he only looked OK to me. He was certainly solid with good technique, but compared to guys like Leon Lett or Sapp or Haynesworth or Cortez Kennedy or Kevin Williams (some of the best 4-3 tackles since 1990), he wasn't nearly as disruptive or unstoppable. He just didn't strike me as a huge difference maker - he "played the piano" well and could string plays out, but wasn't the beast that I had been led to believe. Maybe I didn't see enough of his games.. Sapp and Kennedy showed those qualities in college. Not sure about Lett - we didn't get any Northern Oklahoma games on TV! But Jimmy Johnson sure saw something in him.