Agree or Disagree With "Tom Brady" Rule

McBeane

Tom Brady Rule  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the newest rule to protect QB's?

• Agree, QB's need to be protected
    • Disagree, QB's are football players too

I disagree with the new ruling because I feel that the NFL has gone too far to protect QB's in this league. If the injury happened to TE or any other non-marquis quarterback nothing would have been done about it but since it's Tom Brady they have to change rules. I know the NFL is about making money and having your key players in helps, but what about the integrity of the game? I mean it is a contact sport after all...

Forgive me...whats the rule?

Opposing players can no longer tackle Tom Brady, in any manner. They are also ordered to stop questioning his sexuality.

Forgive me...whats the rule?

As per boston.com, "The clarification specifically prohibits a defender on the ground who hasn't been blocked or fouled directly into the quarterback from lunging or diving at the quarterback's lower legs."

I disagree with the new ruling because I feel that the NFL has gone too far to protect QB's in this league. If the injury happened to TE or any other non-marquis quarterback nothing would have been done about it but since it's Tom Brady they have to change rules. I know the NFL is about making money and having your key players in helps, but what about the integrity of the game? I mean it is a contact sport after all...

I thought Carson Palmer was a marquee QB in '05 and they didn't care enough to do anything then.

Golden boy is no longer a sufficient term for Brady imo.

I disagree because it's another of those rules that puts too much power in the hands of the ref. Just wait and watch Pats not get called, while the Bills do. If the game wasn't rigged, they would make holding a 5 yard and loss of down, but then the refs wouldn't be able to control the outcome so well. Sorry, but color me cynical on this new handy tool the refs will yield.

Opposing players can no longer tackle Tom Brady, in any manner. They are also ordered to stop questioning his sexuality.

:nana:

This is just another step toward turning the QB into a flag football player. I guess because TE is so brittle it's a good rule for the Bills but overall it's just another rule that detaches itself from the spirit of the game.

I also believe that if this had even happened to PM that this rule may not have been put in force.

JMO

I get the rule and you gotta protect your stars, but it's still football. When I played, if you hesitate for a second thinking that this might be a penalty, it could be a touchdown.

It also is completely weak that this rule only happens after Brady gets injured and not Carson Palmer or Trent Green or any QBs before them. The league is owned by Bob Kraft.

The new rule is fine, as long as QB have the flag belt attached at the waists.

Comeone, are defenders suppose to to flag or touch football with the QB's. Maybe they should wear a special uniform, so everyone know you can't touch this guy.

This is crap, strap on a jock strap and play the game.

As per boston.com, "The clarification specifically prohibits a defender on the ground who hasn't been blocked or fouled directly into the quarterback from lunging or diving at the quarterback's lower legs."

so who is going to protect the defensive players that get chopped to the ground so the QB doesnt get hit?

The NFL has been on its knees for Tom Brady since Bledsoe got injured. What about the rule where if Tom Brady thinks about throwing (you know, what EVERY QB does when they drop back to pass) decides not to, then fumbles...its not a fumble. You already couldnt tackle the QB in the NFL. Im sure everyone remeber the highlight of Kiwi from the Giants having V.Young wrapped up and letting him go because he thought the reffs stopped the play, and Young going on to run for a first down. What about the play when Bengals DE Justin Smith bear hugged Bruce Gradkowski, then slowly placed him on the ground only to be flagged for roughing the passer (And yes, The ball was not thrown, he got a roughing the passer call ON A SACK) Add in the fact that play was on 4th down at the end of the game and would have sealed a win for the Bengals, but the Bucs went on to win after that call. If the NFL wants its star players to not get injured, maybe the star players shouldnt be suck pussies ike Tom Brady.