Do we have some of the pieces already?

Just a question, But could the Bills possibly have some of the answers to the needs in house already?

Bell= Starting on Oline this year.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Now i know these guys are young but most of them have shown some flashes. This is not me saying they are the answer to every need. And i will say the Bills need to add players on Oline and the D front seven through the draft. I am just asking.

Just a question, But could the Bills possibly have some of the answers to the needs in house already?

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Now i know these guys are young but most of them have shown some flashes. This is not me saying they are the answer to every need. And i will say the Bills need to add players on Oline and the D front seven through the draft. I am just asking.

I've wanted to calm people down about our needs for the longest time but I never knew exactly how to express it. You have done so. There are always going to be needs on every team in the NFL that should to be addressed. But it is impossible to address every need with good players. That's why every team has strengths & weaknesses. Sometimes you have to depend on the players you already have.

How does anyone expect us to take care of every single need? (DE, OLB, OG, C, TE) Especially in a sport with a salary cap.

I definetly believe the Bills need to add help in the draft. I would go D in the first, Oline in the second and then Oline or Dfront 7 in the third depending on other two rounds.

I think we have some of the pieces in house to be successful. but need to add a few good drafts picks and some depth guys in other areas. Then hope the young guys can step up and develope into true starters.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

I think some of the players above have the opportunity to become average nfl starters. Of all the players mentioned, I feel Fine is the most ready to help the bills next year. He is ok at blocking and as a receiver. If the right te is available, either in the draft or through a trade, the bills should not hesitate to bring them on board. A lot of teams utilize mulitple tes. Last year Dallas selected a te in round 2 with Whiten on the roster. The Patriots selected 1st round tes in back to back years. The Redskins drafted a te in the 2nd with Cooley on the roster.

Bell in an interesting prospect, but I think the bills prefer chambers at this point. I do not trust either guys at this point, so I hope the bills draft an interior lineman in the 1st four rounds. Bell could eventually emerge, but still needs more time.

Steve Johnson has played great for a 7th round pick, but that does not mean he is a great player. If the highest rated player in a given round is a wr, Johnson would not make me go in a different direction.

It is possible Ellis will be ok, but I haven't seen is so far. If Maybin is availabe at 11, the bills should run the cards up to the podium.

I have no faith in McCargo.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Nicely done. It seems if players are not stars as rookies, fans tend to give up on them. It would be huge if Bell and Ellis can start and be productive this year. I think McCargo did not get along with Kollar and hope he gets another chance. Johnson could make a big leap but he is still 4/5 on depth chart. Fine looks like a decent player but we fans are always looking for the next Gates or Gonzalez.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

I think it is plausible to think some of these guys could turn out to be good.

Bell, well we hear some positive things about him.

Fine showed some promise last year.

Ellis, I have no clue

Johnson, I feel that he is going to end up being our starter opposite of Evans in the future.

McCargo, showed flashes of a good player in 2007, more than anything, I think he just needs to be motivated

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Fine---good back up..solid unspectacular....ELLIS?? possibly could be good...McCargo---hasnt shown a damn thing yet...Johnson---who knows---good backup----those arent the pieces

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Bell - Who knows what we'll really get from the guy. I'd like to see him succeed for his life's story alone. Starter though? Ehhhhhh, not yet I don't believe. I think he will serve the purpose of depth at both OT spots this year though.

Ellis - You're right Ellis = DE, but what kind of DE is the question. If he didn't hit the weightroom this offseason he'll contribute just as much as he did last season, which means he won't. Has good quickness, but needs more playing strength.

Fine - Fine didn't show me much. He had a whole 10 catches, less than 100 yards, an a single TD in week 9 against the Jets. Nothing stands out about him to make me believe that he is more than a situational blocker who can slide out for an occasional reception.

Johnson - The "manlove" surrounding this guy amazes me to a certain extent. He also had a whole whopping 10 catches last season. I do like him as a player and thought he would play decent having seen him at Kentucky, but to think that he's anything more than a 4th or 5th option is wishful thinking right now. There are even some who deemed him worthy of the #2 role before we got Owens. That's just insane. Where in those 10 catches did he prove he's ready for that role :thumbsup:

McCargo - I've had high hopes about this guy for the last 2 seasons and continue to be disappointed. He's constantly hurt and just can't seem to get on the field. Hopefully the change of DL coaches will help him get a fire lit up under his tail. I think he could be a solid DT, but that "could" depends on his body holding up and his work ethic.

Bottom line, we need players that produce on the field and not players with hidden "potential". Seriously, how long do we have to wait for some one to "develope"? We have pieces in place alright, but they seem like Pawns instead of the Bishops, Knights, Rooks, and Kings we need.

In response to those guys i mentioned everyone of them but McCargo is going into their second year. So this is the year they should see the field a lot. Then you can really tell what they have. McCargo is a big mystery to me too. 07 was decent, made some nice plays. Then 08 was back problems and butted heads w Dline coach i guess or hoping. Johnson played great his senior year at Kentucky. Had numbers in catches and yards comprable to some of the guys mentioned as 1st rounders this year. And once Hardy got hurt and he saw time near the end of the season he had some nice games. I think that is why the optimism is there on him. He had 60 catches his senior year for over 1000 yds with 13 tds. Last year for the Bills he had 10 catches for 100 yds and 2 tds.

I will take a wr from the SEC with those numbers over and Big 12 wr with similar numbers. I dont think they even play D out there. Its like a computer game. Is that how Madden is? j/k.

I don't think there is anyone on this list we should "give up on". However this team needs IMPACT players at several key positions. These players are nice topics of discussion for possible developmental players that could possible contribute one day. But pieces to the holes in our team, they are not. The likelihood of them developing into starters isn't probable, the likelihood of them contributing is hopeful, but these are not the kind of players you count on to take you to the NEXT level.

I hope this doesn't sound like I am down on any of these guys, just not don't believe they are answers, at least not yet.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Sure, these guys might plug some holes, but are they difference makers ... we need some more impact players.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Your optimism is good. These things occasionally happen. But with these guys, if one of them becomes a starter this year, it would be tremendous luck for us. In two or three years, who knows, but this year, no, it's highly unlikely.

With Bell, we have heard the same positive stuff that we hear every coach say about every player on the roster. The guy is a project, and I don't believe he played a single play on defense last year. It would be a big success for this guy to make second team on the depth chart.

Ellis. We have heard absolutely nothing. There is a reason for that. We hear rumors that the problem was that he needs to put on weight, but that's all. The gu;y didn't make the active roster most weeks. In other words, he wasn't even good enough for STs.

Johnson. Had a slight chance to be a starter before T.O. got here. Now, another year of occasional appearances. Out of all 4, he's the one with the best chance to be a starter some day. Although you have to hope that Hardy prevents that from happening, as that would be an even better outcome for the Bills. This will be another learning year for Johnson, with perhaps a few more appearances than last year when we use four-receiver formations or in case of injury.

McCargo. Seriously, how many guys have you heard of who turned their career around just because their position coach changed, though the system didn't. People are making way too much of this personality conflict he had with Kollar. You can understand why, because if you are realistic about it, you have to figure that they still have McCargo on the roster basically in hopes that they can once again trade him somewhere for a fresh start. A major improvement there is highly unlikely, though nothing is impossible.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

The potential of those players is exciting, but there are too many unknowns there for us to just go into the season content. I think Ellis has the talent to be successful, but can he put it all together? McCargo disappointed last year after many expected him to emerge. But I haven't totally given up on him yet.

Ellis= DE.

Fine=T.E

Johnson= WR

McCargo= DT.

Plug those guys in as starters and the Bills finish 1-5 in the division.

Left gaurd i would address in the draft. Probably with the second pick. On defense i agree the Bills need another 'impact' player. At 11 this gets addressed. You need two players in the front seven. This must be addressed with your first and third pick.

It is great to have 'impact' players all over the field but that usually doesn't happen .Instead have one at each 'level' and then surround them with very solid starters. I want to think that maybe Bell, McCargo, Ellis, Johnson, and Fine can be those solid starters we need from them. Atleast give them playing time this year, and then next year decide if you need to go after some FAs or pick guys up in the draft for those positions. You can not get every need filled in one off season with great impact players.