John Mc Cargo

I read a post about JM being in a trade scenario. I just watched a highlight video of 2007. I forgot how many big plays he made that year. Maybe his back was the issue last year, but just didn't complain about it bothering him. I'd love to see If he could play at that level consistantly during camp and pre-season.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a post about JM being in a trade scenario. I just watched a highlight video of 2007. I forgot how many big plays he made that year. Maybe his back was the issue last year, but just didn't complain about it bothering him. I'd love to see If he could play at that level consistantly during camp and pre-season.

I was very disappointed that he didn't play any role last year. After showing lots of promise in the second half of 2007, I was sure that he was going to impact our defense positively. If he doesn't get traded, I hope that he is motivated to play well this year. If he is motivated and healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped up his game.

Wasn't the problem the DL coach Bill Kollar? I thought that had a bad relationship which translated in McCargo not playing an awful lot. Now that Kollar is gone, maybe we'll see if he gets on the field a little more.

Correct, Kollar and he did not click and the nagging back issues.. hurt him. I hope he is productive this year and develops!!

From what i heard, Kollar absolutely HATED McCargo.

Heard that too. They tried to word it like "Kollar and McCargo had a rocky relationship". I heard that the two actually had a couple of shouting matches at practices.

McCargo is a total bust. I watch the defensive tackles at the game. He has back problems because he turns his back to the blocker often. He gets very little push, no penetration, is easily handled one on one and is never double teamed. The bill's already tipped their hand trying to trade him, he will not be on next years roster. Stroud on the other hand is a beast, he was constantly doubled and still got push. Williams and Johnson are so-so adequate. I hope B.J. Raji falls to the Bills at #11 although he is shooting up most draft boards and will probably be gone.

Yes, the adjustments needed for a player with a nagging back injury were never made. Furthermore, we just never let McCargo play to his strengths. What are they again?

Believe it or not, he is very quick on the snap. When he is at his best, he sort of reminds me of the Big Cat Leon Lett.

McCargo is a total bust. I watch the defensive tackles at the game. He has back problems because he turns his back to the blocker often. He gets very little push, no penetration, is easily handled one on one and is never double teamed. The bill's already tipped their hand trying to trade him, he will not be on next years roster. Stroud on the other hand is a beast, he was constantly doubled and still got push. Williams and Johnson are so-so adequate. I hope B.J. Raji falls to the Bills at #11 although he is shooting up most draft boards and will probably be gone.

When you have a bad back ,you lose ALOT of strength. That could be the problem with everything being called lazy and giving up. If you have ever had a bad back you would know this. I too thought he was coming on the later part 2 seasons ago. Has he had surgery to correct it or not. Bad Backs are really hard to heal.

There is a chance that we may be surprised this year -- at least I hope so. The fact that he has a new defensive line coach and if his back is better, he could end up playing like the glimpses we saw from a few years ago.

There is a chance that we may be surprised this year -- at least I hope so. The fact that he has a new defensive line coach and if his back is better, he could end up playing like the glimpses we saw from a few years ago.

I hope so, I hate to see an injury end his young career without playing at his best and knowing what he has.

The DT that i like in this years draft is Ricky Jean-Francois. He might slip to the fourth but probably goes in the third. Kid was defensive MVP of the championship game. Was hurt some this past year. And suspended for grades at one point. If he did not have those two things against him would probably be a second round pick. If Bills dont go DT early and he is on the board in the fourth it sure would beat another HBack/T.E.

Yes, the adjustments needed for a player with a nagging back injury were never made. Furthermore, we just never let McCargo play to his strengths. What are they again?

If you don't know then you don't know the game; probably a bandwagon fan who judges players by what others say! Whoever is the flavor of the month to bash you scoop it up!

If you don't know then you don't know the game; probably a bandwagon fan who judges players by what others say! Whoever is the flavor of the month to bash you scoop it up!

C'mon, be nice.

McCargo's asset is supposedly his quickness which we've seen glimpses of. He's a bit smaller for a DT.

I realize Polian and the Colts were desperate when they traded for him but it's still Polian. McCargo failed their physical but he passed the Bills physical and I think might have even been active for the last game or two.

I think there's still hope if his back improves and his motivation. It's all we can hope for at the moment.

Didn't the Bills deny he had a back problem when the Colts tossed him back?

Different team doctors prioritize different injuries, the bills staff didn't the injury as serious to his playing as the colts did. they didn't deny the injury both teams agreed it was there.

C'mon, be nice.

McCargo's asset is supposedly his quickness which we've seen glimpses of. He's a bit smaller for a DT.

I realize Polian and the Colts were desperate when they traded for him but it's still Polian. McCargo failed their physical but he passed the Bills physical and I think might have even been active for the last game or two.

I think there's still hope if his back improves and his motivation. It's all we can hope for at the moment.

But it is the truth! A lot of fans think that every player should be Pro Bowl ready from day one! Some think every player should be PERFECT and walk on water; they basically diss every player on the team; especially the bandwagon type! I thought it was the job of opponent fans to bash the team not our own! I mean I know we have some bad players but every player who is not great is not a bum and some may not be a system or given the opportunity to even STEP on the field to excel!

From what i heard, Kollar absolutely HATED McCargo.

Position coaches tend to hate players when they show up fat, out of shape, lacking motivation, and generally playing beneath their potential. Remember, DJ and Ralph didn't want Kollar to leave, though ultimately the DL coach left for what he thought would be greener pastures. If Kollar's opinion was worthless, no one would have tried to stop him on the way out.

BTW, how many actual "plays" did McCargo make in 07? The big one against the Giants that year came when he ignored his gap and happened to go where blockers didn't. He's a bust now, and that won't change. He's on the team because the Bills lack any sense of depth at DT.