Is $53K a Week Enough to Live On?

WWVaBeach

I was shocked when I was channel surfing on the radio a ways back... It sounded funny that they were quizing people on the % of people who "marry for love." All the callers and people answering were saying in the 80-90% range... I was thinking more in the 60% range... Just to low-ball since the callers were all getting it wrong. You know what the answer was:

Around 25%!

:lol::lol:

I knew it may be low, but not that low... I was stunned (well, really I should have been! B-):P )... Maybe I am just too naive.

But, anyway... I never looked up that stat and confirmed it... I may want to.

:lol:

Look it up.

Fortunately, I can say that I married for love. I married the one person I knew I couldn't live without.

It will be ten years in September.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 67, she's 36. It's good to know people still marry for love.

This whole concept of marriage for love is a relatively new thing. Marriage used to be a business transaction. "Here, take our daughter off our hands, and here's a goat and some cabbage to sweeten the deal." Now it's a friggin' $40 billion industry.

I know I'm a cynic, but I just spent $300 on airfare/hotel for a wedding in two weeks. I still have to get the gift. And I actually LIKE these people.

It'll all be worth it if you hook up with a bridesmaid.

I guess my RSVP was a little late, so the guy emailed me asking me if I was going to be there. My reply was, "Open bar? Of course I'm there. Just let me know which bridesmaids are single." He comes back with "XXX is going to be one of the bridesmaids." XXX is 23 and put together like Jennifer Love Hewitt (when she was 23, that is). My heart started racing. This could be fun.

I guess my RSVP was a little late, so the guy emailed me asking me if I was going to be there. My reply was, "Open bar? Of course I'm there. Just let me know which bridesmaids are single." He comes back with "XXX is going to be one of the bridesmaids." XXX is 23 and put together like Jennifer Love Hewitt (when she was 23, that is). My heart started racing. This could be fun.

Then why exactly are you bitchin about the cost? B-)

interesting take from you all.

Of course, her demands are absurd, I wouldn't suggest otherwise.

But perhaps you should take a look at what she is doing. She's taking that money and hiring people to drive her ass around, do her hair, and what have you. She spends money hand over fist in clothing stores. Don't you think someone is benefiting from that?

It's not like she is hoarding money and stuffing it in her mattress.

But perhaps you should take a look at what she is doing. She's taking that money and hiring people to drive her ass around, do her hair, and what have you. She spends money hand over fist in clothing stores. Don't you think someone is benefiting from that?

Excellent point - she is 'moving the economy', providing 'gainful employment', helping to 'create wealth'.

Myself, I would think I could burn thru $53K/week quite easily, what with keeping the Ferrari fully fueled whenever the Learjet's not in the skies.

But she could benefit more. Take that $1500/week for food/entertainment. Instead of $100 steak dinners, spend that $100 at McDonalds.