Tenn. DE Robert Ayers visiting Bills

Beerball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take notice of the quote from the last paragraph:

It would be a reach for the Bills to select Ayers at No. 11, but they have a history of drafting players higher than anticipated.

The Buffalo Bills reach for players in the draft :devil:

Second round? Ha! He dominated Andre Smith when they played against each other, and he is a fast rising player.

Mike Mayock has his top 20 out.

Mike Mayock's top 20 players for the 2009 NFL Draft

Rk Player Pos. School Pro Day workout

1 Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest March 23

2 Eugene Monroe OT Virginia March 19

3 Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech Brandt: Crabtree sits out pro day after surgery

4 Jason Smith OT Baylor Brandt: Smith attracts many scouts

5 Robert Ayers DE Tennessee March 11

6 Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia March 19

7 Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State Brandt: Pettigrew's workout put on hold

8 Matthew Stafford QB Georgia March 19

9 Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri March 19

10 Brian Orakpo DE/LB Texas March 25

11 B.J. Raji DT Boston College Brandt: Raji participates in positional drills

12 Mark Sanchez QB USC April 1

13 Andre Smith OT Alabama Brandt: Smith turns in poor times at pro day

14 Vontae Davis CB Illinois March 18

15 Percy Harvin WR Florida March 15

16 Peria Jerry DT Mississippi March 26

17 Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State Brandt: Jenkins tries to improve 40-yard dash times

18 Josh Freeman QB Kansas State Brandt: Freeman is a hot prospect

19 Brian Cushing LB USC April 1

20 Larry English LB Northern Illinois March 27

Second round? Ha! He dominated Andre Smith when they played against each other, and he is a fast rising player.

Mike Mayock has his top 20 out.

Mike Mayock's top 20 players for the 2009 NFL Draft

Rk Player Pos. School Pro Day workout

1 Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest March 23

2 Eugene Monroe OT Virginia March 19

3 Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech Brandt: Crabtree sits out pro day after surgery

4 Jason Smith OT Baylor Brandt: Smith attracts many scouts

5 Robert Ayers DE Tennessee March 11

6 Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia March 19

7 Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State Brandt: Pettigrew's workout put on hold

8 Matthew Stafford QB Georgia March 19

9 Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri March 19

10 Brian Orakpo DE/LB Texas March 25

11 B.J. Raji DT Boston College Brandt: Raji participates in positional drills

12 Mark Sanchez QB USC April 1

13 Andre Smith OT Alabama Brandt: Smith turns in poor times at pro day

14 Vontae Davis CB Illinois March 18

15 Percy Harvin WR Florida March 15

16 Peria Jerry DT Mississippi March 26

17 Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State Brandt: Jenkins tries to improve 40-yard dash times

18 Josh Freeman QB Kansas State Brandt: Freeman is a hot prospect

19 Brian Cushing LB USC April 1

20 Larry English LB Northern Illinois March 27

Good. Let's hope Cleveland takes him at #5 then so we won't make a retard decision with our #11 pick this year :devil: The guy has Moreno rated his #6 and Beanie isn't even in the top 20? Even after Beanie's pro day 40-yard dashes that were clocked as low as 4.36 when he's 220lbs+? I hope it goes right in order with "his" top 20 because that means Raji falls right into our lap.

I might be totally wrong on this, but I don't remember the last time we drafted someone that we had in for a visit.

I keep thinking this as well. I remember a lot of our draft picks saying later that they didnt spend much time with Buffalo.

Still though, no harm in bringing him in for a visit, methinks the Bills will do this with a lot of the usual suspects.

Good. Let's hope Cleveland takes him at #5 then so we won't make a retard decision with our #11 pick this year :devil: The guy has Moreno rated his #6 and Beanie isn't even in the top 20? Even after Beanie's pro day 40-yard dashes that were clocked as low as 4.36 when he's 220lbs+? I hope it goes right in order with "his" top 20 because that means Raji falls right into our lap.

Watch out for those Horseshoe pro-days. NFL scouts have been known to view their track as the fastest in the country and not a true 40 time. Some scouts even add .05 to .1 onto the players times.

Didn't see this on the front page. Sorry if this is a dupe.

Link

Looks like Robert Ayers has finally hit the TSW radar screen! :devil:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=85250

I heard he was a one man wrecking crew in the Alabama game. For those mentioning the second round as a possibility, you can forget it. That's a pipe dream. I'm so glad the Bills are taking a good long look at him.

I am guessing Ayers is our first pick

I said the same a couple weeks ago Pete...

I'm not saying that is who I would prefer necessarily...Though I admit Ayers REALLY impressed Me in those One-on-One Drills at The Sr. Bowl...He looked unblockable at times showing great quicks and strength...When He made Plays in the backfield at Tenn He looked REAL impressive doing so...I also like the fact that He has a bit more Size than most of the other DE candidates...

What I can't understand is how a DE with that much natural talent only earns 3 Sacks in a College Season...I just don't get it...I'm not sure the Kid is self-motivated enough, and for that reason I'd pass if I were The Bills...That being said, put on that tape of Him at The Sr. Bowl Practices and You can see why the Kid is REAL high on some NFL Boards...

We'll see...:lol:

Take notice of the quote from the last paragraph:

The Buffalo Bills reach for players in the draft :lol:

The draft is a complete crap shoot. There is no such thing as a reach. If you could redraft players after seeing them play in the pros a couple of years a few things would probably be different -

- Jason Peters would have actually been drafted

- Mike Williams would have not (and he was considered a good pick at the time and Levi Jones was a reach)

- Tom Brady probably would have gone before the 6th round

- Marques Colston may have been drafted slightly higher than 4th last

Less than half of 1st round picks become successful starters. If the Bills "Reach" to take someone who will immediately start, so be it.

Good. Let's hope Cleveland takes him at #5 then so we won't make a retard decision with our #11 pick this year :lol: The guy has Moreno rated his #6 and Beanie isn't even in the top 20? Even after Beanie's pro day 40-yard dashes that were clocked as low as 4.36 when he's 220lbs+? I hope it goes right in order with "his" top 20 because that means Raji falls right into our lap.

I'd rather have Moreno than Beanie Wells. Moreno I believe will be a player in the mold of a Westbrook.

Beanie in my view, runs very linear, stiff hips to straight up. To tell you the truth, I never really was to impressed with him in college.

The draft is a complete crap shoot. There is no such thing as a reach. If you could redraft players after seeing them play in the pros a couple of years a few things would probably be different -

- Jason Peters would have actually been drafted

- Mike Williams would have not (and he was considered a good pick at the time and Levi Jones was a reach)

- Tom Brady probably would have gone before the 6th round

- Marques Colston may have been drafted slightly higher than 4th last

Less than half of 1st round picks become successful starters. If the Bills "Reach" to take someone who will immediately start, so be it.

Also, the Vols' Jerod Mayo wasn't being considered a first rounder until the last week before the draft and the Pats ended up selecting him at #10. Given his rookie season, he obviously wasn't a reach.