Cutler's agent (Bus Cook) in town

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think he`s in town about Cutler since he has not gotten permission to talk TRADE about Cutler from the Bronc`s. Just saw this on the NFL Network with Mike Lombardi. Must be Tony Time. Whew ,I didn`t want that whinny beech. :beer:

No one knows if Cook does or does not have permission...until the Broncos come out and say he does not have permission than no one can really say if he does or does not.

NFL Nework just said the 'word on the street' is Cutler to Detroit for the first overall..

Just reporting what I'm hearing

What a great move by the Broncos if this is what happens. You want to be traded? Here, have fun in Detroit.

We need Tim to explain something I think. Unless this was in the advanced stages, it seems hard to believe that Cook would fly to Buffalo for a face to face sit down. In other words, I would have to believe that a deal was agreed upon in principle as far as the teams go, and Cook is in town to renegotiate the new contract for his client, or the deal falls through. I don't think (but I am not actually sure) that an agent would go to a city to just inquire about how much a team would be willing to give up for one of his clients. That's not even his job, although I guess its feasible that if he can't strike a deal with the Bills for his client, there is no reason to discuss the trade. The point is, in this chicken or egg argument, I think a deal has probably been close to made, and Cook is here to see if he can get terms for his client that they both would sign off on.

It could well be Scheffler, I doubt very much it's "seriously" about Cutler (although I'm sure Cook is trying to drum up as much pub as he can to use it against the Broncos to get Cutler a huge new deal with them. It could be about Lucas, although I doubt it as we have four CBs we're pretty happy with. It could be a low level FA we don't even care about to be signed as a back-up.

My personal opinion, knowing nothing, is that the Bills are seriously trying to trade for Scheffler, and Cook is using this face to face meeting as leverage against the Broncos for Cutler.

This all seems plausible, but who knows? Even if it is true, we won't, and may never, get the actual story anyway. If Cook is trying to use the media as you say then we best prepare for all kinds of crazy-ass reports coming out over the next few days. :beer:

If this was the case, I'd wonder why Cook would keep it all so hush hush. Why not tell Chris Mortenson that he (Cook) spent the day in Buffalo, and get it on the ESPN Bottom Line, for example? The idea is to get as much interest in Cutler as you can...making it public and putting more attention on the issue can only help his cause.

Not necessarily. If the Broncos can't get what they want for Cutler, or if Cutler does not want to play for the money or the city that he is supposed to be traded to, the Broncos will keep him. They don't have to trade him. By coming to Buffalo and then telling the Broncos what the Bills offered, without making a big media outcry, he's helping his client if he ends up staying in Denver. Again, to me, it's very reasonable that he is discussing contract terms about one player, Scheffler, and then simultaneously, like Rosenhaus did with TO when discussing Kevin Jones, play a hypothetical with them. What about Cutler? What would you guys pay for him? Cook is talking about money, not draft pick or trade compensation. They didn't give him permission to seek a trade for Cutler as far as I know. He wants a big contract for Cutler, probably in Denver but it could be anywhere.

NFL Nework just said the 'word on the street' is Cutler to Detroit for the first overall..

Just reporting what I'm hearing

What a great move by the Broncos if this is what happens. You want to be traded? Here, have fun in Detroit.

Who would Denver take? You'd almost have to think that they'd take Aaron Curry. They just got Clady last year so I don't see them after one of the OT's. I also don't see them turning around and taking Stafford with the pick. I think that Detroit would make out the best in this scenario. They get a franchise QB without having to shell out the #1 overall money. Cutler could probably be re-signed for $8-$9 million per season. The #1 overall would get more than that almost certain.

Wasn't Edwards one of the reasons TO claims he came to Buffalo?

Maybe TO wants a QB with Edwards' demeanor. Maybe TO wants to be the dominant voice in the huddle.

If TO wanted to play with Cutler, he would have signed with Denver.

If TO is going to lead us out of the desert and to the playoffs, we should not change quaterbacks. Or at the very least, get TO's express written permission.

Not necessarily. If the Broncos can't get what they want for Cutler, or if Cutler does not want to play for the money or the city that he is supposed to be traded to, the Broncos will keep him. They don't have to trade him. By coming to Buffalo and then telling the Broncos what the Bills offered, without making a big media outcry, he's helping his client if he ends up staying in Denver. Again, to me, it's very reasonable that he is discussing contract terms about one player, Scheffler, and then simultaneously, like Rosenhaus did with TO when discussing Kevin Jones, play a hypothetical with them. What about Cutler? What would you guys pay for him? Cook is talking about money, not draft pick or trade compensation. They didn't give him permission to seek a trade for Cutler as far as I know. He wants a big contract for Cutler, probably in Denver but it could be anywhere.

Could be, Kelly, good stuff.

I'd love to get Scheffler. If Trent can't get it done with Marshawn, Freddy, Evans, TO and Scheffler, he can't get it done at all! :beer:

Maybe TO wants a QB with Edwards' demeanor. Maybe TO wants to be the dominant voice in the huddle.

If TO is going to lead us out of the desert and to the playoffs, we should not change quaterbacks. Or at the very least, get TO's express written permission.

Dude, this is how the TO nonsense starts. The minute he thinks he has the fans on his side, his nonsense will only get worse. I saw it first hand in Philly. TO is lucky to be playing with us for what he is getting paid, and he needs to remember that he just got his ass cut for worrying about more than his own role. Don't feed the TO troll.

Whoever the Broncos get to play QB will be going into a great situation. They have an awesome O-line, 2 #1 receivers, a very good TE (assuming we don't get him in a trade), and a very good running game.

They have terrible running backs, probably no TE (Scheffler is on the block because McDaniels doesn't use a pass catching TE much in his offense) and a head coach who has never coached.

They have terrible running backs, probably no TE (Scheffler is on the block because McDaniels doesn't use a pass catching TE much in his offense) and a head coach who has never coached.

Does it matter who plays RB for them? They were 12th in rushing yards and 2nd in YPC last year.

Not if Denver didn't want him.