What is Jason Peters Worth?

Kenwick

To the Eagles he is a "guaranteed" starting OLT who is in his prime and voted to the pro bowl the last two years........ Priceless

You can not find a player who is "guaranteed" in the draft...What is his value in points....... points are used in the draft when trading players......

The number one pick is worth 3000 points. He will be a good player but not "guaranteed" The Eagles will know what they are getting in Peters.

A player who achieves, has heart & talent...Is dependable and not a trouble maker....... "Guaranteed" or as close as you can get to it...

The Eagles could offer the Bills the following.......Their #21 pick worth 800 points, their 28th pick worth 660 points, their 53rd pick worth 370 points and their 85th pick worth 165 points... Total number of points is 1995 which is equivalant to a 4th pick in the draft......

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue.cfm

The Bills once had a 4th pick named Mike Williams, who was a Offensive Tackle....... He was very offensive if you will remember......

If the Bills do decide to take such a trade what would be their moves?

I would move Walker to LT. Chambers to RT. That leaves the Bills needing a starting Center or Guard to be acquired early with one of their picks.

The Bills would now have the following picks in the draft.

#11 A first round pick

#21 A first round pick

#28 A first round pick

#45 A second round pick

#53 A second round pick

#75 A third round pick

#85 A third round pick

They also have one pick in round 4,5,6,7......

They now can fill all their needs with quality players from their draft picks........

They can acquire in no particular order a starting LB, DE, TE, OT, Center/Guard

There are still more draft picks to fill out the 53 man roster with quality young players...

at many other positions... The Bills would be greatly improving their roster with young talent...

There may be a lot of objections to such a deal........ no doubt... from both sides

Then maybe not ......

I would pay him with the average of the top 3-5 OL in the league, but that contract should include incentives that ensures he shows up to trainng camp and OTA's... it should also include bonuses for the team making the playoffs instead of the probowl...

if we trade Peters there in no scenario in which we would be a better team in 2009 ...

He's worth a sh-- load of draft picks.

Why do you and many others assume that Buffalo gets multiple picks? Not to mention, history has shown roughly 50% of all draft picks go bust within 3 years. So let's say Buffalo gets two picks for Peters - odds suggest you end up swapping out a player for a player. Worst case there is a 1 in 4 chance that both your picks go but and you end up with nothing in exchange.

Sign Peters to a new contract and move on. This talk of trading him is stupid.

Why do you and many others assume that Buffalo gets multiple picks? Not to mention, history has shown roughly 50% of all draft picks go bust within 3 years. So let's say Buffalo gets two picks for Peters - odds suggest you end up swapping out a player for a player. Worst case there is a 1 in 4 chance that both your picks go but and you end up with nothing in exchange.

Sign Peters to a new contract and move on. This talk of trading him is stupid.

because the only incentive for the Bills to trade him would be to rip another team off.

To the Eagles he is a "guaranteed" starting OLT who is in his prime and voted to the pro bowl the last two years........ Priceless

You can not find a player who is "guaranteed" in the draft...What is his value in points....... points are used in the draft when trading players......

The number one pick is worth 3000 points. He will be a good player but not "guaranteed" The Eagles will know what they are getting in Peters.

A player who achieves, has heart & talent...Is dependable and not a trouble maker....... "Guaranteed" or as close as you can get to it...

The Eagles could offer the Bills the following.......Their #21 pick worth 800 points, their 28th pick worth 660 points, their 53rd pick worth 370 points and their 85th pick worth 165 points... Total number of points is 1995 which is equivalant to a 4th pick in the draft......

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue.cfm

The Bills once had a 4th pick named Mike Williams, who was a Offensive Tackle....... He was very offensive if you will remember......

If the Bills do decide to take such a trade what would be their moves?

I would move Walker to LT. Chambers to RT. That leaves the Bills needing a starting Center or Guard to be acquired early with one of their picks.

#11 A first round pick

#21 A first round pick

#28 A first round pick

#45 A second round pick

#53 A second round pick

#75 A third round pick

#85 A third round pick

They now can fill all their needs with quality players from their draft picks........

They can acquire in no particular order a starting LB, DE, TE, OT, Center/Guard

There are still more draft picks to fill out the 53 man roster with quality young players...

at many other positions... The Bills would be greatly improving their roster with young talent...

There may be a lot of objections to such a deal........ no doubt... from both sides

Then maybe not ......

So if you made this trade last year.. It would be Peters for

21- Sam Baker

28- Lawrence Jackson

53- Limas Sweed

85- Craig Stevens.

For a ProBowl LT...

Not sure but I think a lot of people OVER RATE draft picks...

Oh, I'm very sure that people over rate draft picks. By a lot. Half these guys are going to be busts regardless of where you pick them, so I always find it laughable that people complain about "reaching" for a guy selected ten picks before Mel Kiper thought he would go. If you get a solid starter at any point in the draft you are ahead of the game.

So if you made this trade last year.. It would be Peters for

21- Sam Baker

28- Lawrence Jackson

53- Limas Sweed

85- Craig Stevens.

For a ProBowl LT...

Really? Herschel Walker trade literally built a dynasty in Dallas from all the draft picks they got...they were a 1 win team before that...

He's worth a sh-- load of draft picks.

Perhaps while they're at it, the Bills could trade Evans, Lynch, Owens, Stroud, Schobel, Posluszny, McKelvin, and Whitner for first round picks. Coupled with the Peters trade, Buffalo would then have 11 first-round picks, absolutely zero talent on the team, and no one with a clue how to coach said lack of talent.

But hey, the Buffalo fans would be contented by once again running the team's most talented player out of town.

Sheesh am I tired of reading this stuff...there isn't one other team in the league that would trade Peters, nor shoud there be.

I am not sure Peters has trade value above a 1st rd pick and maybe another mid rd pick. Even though he is a proven Pro Bowl player, the Bills would be hard-pressed to find a team that would trade anything above that.

I am not sure Peters has trade value above a 1st rd pick and maybe another mid rd pick. Even though he is a proven Pro Bowl player, the Bills would be hard-pressed to find a team that would trade anything above that.

Roy Williams got traded for a 1st 3rd and a 6th... and he has done nothing for 3 years.

Any Bills fan who wants to win this year shouldn't really be advocating trading Peters for any amount of draft picks. Draft picks rarely have a positive impact in the first year, and not only that there's no guarantee that they will pan out at all.

As a matter of fact, playing a rookie is usually a liability. Why would someone want to introduce another liability, when this upcoming year is critical when it comes to making the playoffs?

Really? Herschel Walker trade literally built a dynasty in Dallas from all the draft picks they got...they were a 1 win team before that...

Here's the Herschel Walker trade:

Minnesota Vikings Received:

* RB Herschel Walker

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)

* San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)

* Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys Received:

* LB Jesse Solomon

* LB David Howard

* CB Issiac Holt

* RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)

* DE Alex Stewart

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) They traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft (Emmitt Smith)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)

* Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11) (Pat Harlow)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Darryll Lewis)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)

* Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)

So the Cowboys ended up with Emmit Smith, Darren Woodson (and some inconsequential players).

Of the picks they received for Walker that they later traded away, they picked up defensive tackle Russell Maryland.

No bad.

Absolutley correct. An athletic LT is near impossible to find. Draft picks take time to develop particularly offensive tackles.

I would pay Peters and enter the draft with the #11 pick.

#11 A first round pick

#21 A first round pick

#28 A first round pick

#45 A second round pick

#53 A second round pick

#75 A third round pick

#85 A third round pick

That's not how it's going to work though. No one is going to give you #4 overall pick value for Peters. If the trade is with the Eagles for Peters I'd say their #21 and maybe #85 is what the Bills would end up getting. Plus there's no way the Bills could or would pay that many first day picks.

Even if Peters isn't traded I'd say a trade with the Eagles is still possible if the Eagles want to move to #11 to get an Offensive Tackle. I'd rather keep Peters and make the deal with the Eagles to trade the Bills #11 (1,250 points) for the Eagles #1-21 (800 points), #2-53 (370), and #4-117 (60 points).

That's not how it's going to work though. No one is going to give you #4 overall pick value for Peters. If the trade is with the Eagles for Peters I'd say their #21 and maybe #85 is what the Bills would end up getting. Plus there's no way the Bills could or would pay that many first day picks.

Even if Peters isn't traded I'd say a trade with the Eagles is still possible if the Eagles want to move to #11 to get an Offensive Tackle. I'd rather keep Peters and make the deal with the Eagles to trade the Bills #11 (1,250 points) for the Eagles #1-21 (800 points), #2-53 (370), and #4-117 (60 points).

Before we get too far into trade values and points, it's worth noting that the old 3,000-point system was re-worked prior to last year's draft to take into account the amount of guaranteed money a team must shell out for a top-10 pick. Here's the new chart:

Round 1 Round 2

1 2,000 33 570

2 1,900 34 560

3 1,825 35 550

4 1,750 36 540

5 1,675 37 530

6 1,635 38 520

7 1,570 39 510

8 1,505 40 500

9 1,440 41 490

10 1,375 42 480

11 1,320 43 470