Random thought for the day

BuffaloBill

According to the old HBO show "Not Necessarily the News" and host Rich Hall, when you have that ratio, you have "Excess wienerage, as opposed to excess bunnerage." :lol:

Somehow, I wish I hadn't posted that now... :blink:

The Jerk Store called.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My random thought is a pet peeve: People Who Refuse To Consider A Hypothetical Situation.

Do you ever get this? You're having a conversation with someone and you say, for example, "what would you do if you broke both your arms at the same time--how would you brush your teeth, dress, wipe, etc...?"

And the other person just says, "that'll never happen." So you say, "I know, I'm just saying WHAT IF..." Then the other person goes, "that won't happen because I never get hurt. I'm very durable and well coordinated--I never get injured." And you go, "I realize it's very unlikely but it is logically and physically possible and I'm asking you to consider this hypothetical scenario for the purpose of discussion because it is interesting to me..." And the other person refuses once again to consider it even as a possibility and they go on to discuss their athletic prowess and how in high school they played sports or something and never got hurt and they're so great, blah blah blah.

People who do this make me angry.

Geeze, that sounds like the basis for EVERY bit on the Ricky Gervais satellite radio show/podcast.

My random thought for today:

Why is Buffalo called Buffalo? Why not Bison? It is especially perplexing given that Buffalo (or Bison) were not animals found in Buffalo (before the zoo was opened). Should Buffalo have been called by some other animal name?

My random thought for today:

Why is Buffalo called Buffalo? Why not Bison? It is especially perplexing given that Buffalo (or Bison) were not animals found in Buffalo (before the zoo was opened). Should Buffalo have been called by some other animal name?

Legend is, that in came from the French language...Beau Fleur...beautiful flower.

Although, the folks that track such, claim that bison once populated Kentucky's ancient savannas. Perhaps there were herds in WNY - dunno.

http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx?cid=270

Legend is, that in came from the French language...Beau Fleur...beautiful flower.

Although, the folks that track such, claim that bison once populated Kentucky's ancient savannas. Perhaps there were herds in WNY - dunno.

I hate to correct you, young fella, but lore has it that it derives from Beau Fleuve - 'beautiful river'...

"Beau Fleuve (pronounced Bo Fluhve) means Beautiful River. It was the name said to have been given to the area by early French explorer-traders. Because non-French speakers had trouble pronouncing it, Beau Fleuve became simplified to Buffalo."

Well for that matter wherethe H did Cincinnati get its name from? :D Suppose I will need to go Wiki that later this evening. While the name is an enigma 5 way-chili is the real deal.

Well for that matter wherethe H did Cincinnati get its name from? :P Suppose I will need to go Wiki that later this evening. While the name is an enigma 5 way-chili is the real deal.

Cincinnati was founded in 1788 by John Cleves Symmes and Colonel Robert Patterson. Surveyor John Filson (also the author of The Adventures of Colonel Daniel Boone) named it "Losantiville" from four terms, each of a different language, meaning "the city opposite the mouth of the Licking River." Ville is French for "city," anti is Greek for "opposite", os is Latin for "mouth", and "L" was all that was included of "Licking River".

In 1790, Arthur St. Clair, the governor of the Northwest Territory, changed the name of the settlement to "Cincinnati" in honor of the Society of the Cincinnati, of which he was a member. The society honored General George Washington, who was considered a latter day Cincinnatus, the Roman who was called to serve Rome as dictator, an office which he immediately resigned after completing his task of defeating the Aequians.

Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10 and hot dog buns in packages of 8? (that one is from Animaniacs)

That's an old one but the real reason is who here has not opened a pack of hot dogs for the grill and snarfed two of the raw ones as an appetizer.

How come white bread comes in long packages and dark bread comes in small package .

But then if you keep folding it it keeps breaking.. Everything has to be folded- and then its this, and I don't want this, I want large bread so that I can put this, so then its like this, but then this doesnt work, cuz then its all......

[/N. Tufnel]