Random thought for the day

BuffaloBill

Adding to the monotony of the offseason and lack of thought brought about by sleep deprivation following the time change I thought I would start an absolutely worthless topic. What's your random thought for the day?

Mine is:

I wonder why the emoticons are arranged in the order which they appear. Seems to me that the most common one used is :w00t: yet it is the 19th one shown. Personally I find this to be :wallbash:. It is a pain B-) to have to go to the :w00t: next page to get to :w00t: . In fact it makes me :sick: . Perhaps though my feelings of nausea are due to too much :beer: last night :doh: If the mods do not fix this problem I will be :angry: . Have a good day :nana: .

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My random thought is a pet peeve: People Who Refuse To Consider A Hypothetical Situation.

Do you ever get this? You're having a conversation with someone and you say, for example, "what would you do if you broke both your arms at the same time--how would you brush your teeth, dress, wipe, etc...?"

And the other person just says, "that'll never happen." So you say, "I know, I'm just saying WHAT IF..." Then the other person goes, "that won't happen because I never get hurt. I'm very durable and well coordinated--I never get injured." And you go, "I realize it's very unlikely but it is logically and physically possible and I'm asking you to consider this hypothetical scenario for the purpose of discussion because it is interesting to me..." And the other person refuses once again to consider it even as a possibility and they go on to discuss their athletic prowess and how in high school they played sports or something and never got hurt and they're so great, blah blah blah.

People who do this make me angry.

My random thought is a pet peeve: People Who Refuse To Consider A Hypothetical Situation.

Do you ever get this? You're having a conversation with someone and you say, for example, "what would you do if you broke both your arms at the same time--how would you brush your teeth, dress, wipe, etc...?"

And the other person just says, "that'll never happen." So you say, "I know, I'm just saying WHAT IF..." Then the other person goes, "that won't happen because I never get hurt. I'm very durable and well coordinated--I never get injured." And you go, "I realize it's very unlikely but it is logically and physically possible and I'm asking you to consider this hypothetical scenario for the purpose of discussion because it is interesting to me..." And the other person refuses once again to consider it even as a possibility and they go on to discuss their athletic prowess and how in high school they played sports or something and never got hurt and they're so great, blah blah blah.

People who do this make me angry.

I've never had a conversation even remotely like the one you describe and I doubt very seriously whether you have either. B-)

Along similar lines, I hate it when people say "irregardless."

How about: proactive, supposably, athleticism, trickeration

Not even half way through lent yet and it's making me nuts

I've never had a conversation even remotely like the one you describe and I doubt very seriously whether you have either. B-)

Really? I have. I work with some people who are some of the poorest conversationalists that you could ever have the misfortune of spending large quantities of time with.

How about: proactive, supposably, athleticism, trickeration

Not even half way through lent yet and it's making me nuts

How about flustrated B-):w00t: I hear this "word" used more in Tennessee than I have elsewhere. Irregardless of location people should be more proactive about words that are supposably descriptive of their lack of athleticism and trickeration.