Jauron's "Come to Jesus" meeting with T.O.

Found this nugget on SI.com:

Peter King says he was told that Owens had a "come to Jesus" meeting with Bills head coach Dick Jauron. And Owens met with Buffalo's offensive coaching staff. The Bills wanted to make sure T.O. understands that Lee Evans is still going to get a lot of passes.

---------

My comment - I am not a DJ fan but I have to say this was a smart tactic for the Bills to employ. Since TO is basically auditioning for the rest of the NFL this year, it was smart to take the approach from Day 1 that the organization, and not TO, is in charge. Any disciplinary action taken by the Bills publicly against T.O. will be another nail in his coffin and I think it was smart to lay down the law right from the start.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure T.O. agreed. He always comes out as a team player. Fact is we paid for cancer, a few weeks in it's gonna start

T.O. has no choice ... he is here because no one else wanted him ... if he plays well and stays under control, he can parlay it into another deal somewhere else next year ... screw up, and it's retirement. TO should be smart enough to understand the situation, if not, Rosenhaus I'm sure explained it to him.

No less than 20 teams outright said they didn't want TO. I suspect only a handful even considered signing him to any sort of contract, and given that he came to terms two days afterward with Rosenhaus his agent, not much was probably out there.

TO has motivation to perform and behave. It's in the form of a one year contract playing for a team in a small market. He also knows most teams didn't want him and he has something to prove after the Dallas issues.

Signing TO means accountability, but some people aren't in-line with the way that'll happen. TO is no saint, but if he gets upset for not being involved and he's still physically capable of making plays, that's not a bad thing. It's a lack of accountability which has taken us to this point.

I'm sure T.O. agreed. He always comes out as a team player. Fact is we paid for cancer, a few weeks in it's gonna start

Not having had a game past december in 9 years, and burning uneeded timeouts is a team cancer. Going 0-6 in your division is a team cancer. B-)

Do you suppose he told Owens that he expects him to try really hard on Fridays?

Which is why there won't be any problems. Evans gets all the balls on Friday, when Jauron focuses on playing his best. TO gets all the balls on Sunday, when he focuses on playing his best. See, it really is a win win.

No less than 20 teams outright said they didn't want TO. I suspect only a handful even considered signing him to any sort of contract, and given that he came to terms two days afterward with Rosenhaus his agent, not much was probably out there.

TO has motivation to perform and behave. It's in the form of a one year contract playing for a team in a small market. He also knows most teams didn't want him and he has something to prove after the Dallas issues.

Signing TO means accountability, but some people aren't in-line with the way that'll happen. TO is no saint, but if he gets upset for not being involved and he's still physically capable of making plays, that's not a bad thing. It's a lack of accountability which has taken us to this point.

excellent post!

he's gonna change things stir them up if you will and this team needs it.

Found this nugget on SI.com:

Peter King says he was told that Owens had a "come to Jesus" meeting with Bills head coach Dick Jauron. And Owens met with Buffalo's offensive coaching staff. The Bills wanted to make sure T.O. understands that Lee Evans is still going to get a lot of passes.

---------

My comment - I am not a DJ fan but I have to say this was a smart tactic for the Bills to employ. Since TO is basically auditioning for the rest of the NFL this year, it was smart to take the approach from Day 1 that the organization, and not TO, is in charge. Any disciplinary action taken by the Bills publicly against T.O. will be another nail in his coffin and I think it was smart to lay down the law right from the start.

I wanna punch that guy in your avatar, I swear if I see anymore shamwow commercials on TV I will go nuts!

Otherwise nice post!

Being read the rules and following them are 2 different things but I think that T.O. knows that the world is watching. The cooler he plays it and if we get a bunch of wins, things will go smoothly (we hope).

Guest dog14787

Not the most popular post to introduce yourself with, but welcome aboard anyway. :w00t:

Anybody who has there doubts about how well TO will do here in Buffalo really shouldn't be playing, judge jury and executioner before he even has a fair chance. TO was used as a scapegoat in Dallas and if you try to tell me TO wasn't doing a good job there when he scored more TD's then any other WR in the game during his stay, I'm not buying it. B-)

Do you know what happens when you put a cancerous tumor in a dead corpse?

Absolutely nothing, which is the worst thing that could happen with this experiment. The Bills maintain status quo, lose a bunch of games and stay home in January.

Absolutely nothing, which is the worst thing that could happen with this experiment. The Bills maintain status quo, lose a bunch of games and stay home in January.

IMHO .... much much worse for the team, city, and fans can happen.

T.O. will have the ear of the national media (as always) because they just can't wait for the next melt down. When the Bills start doing poorly (as we all know it very well may happen) T.O. will start ranting and raving about how the Bills are a two bit team playing in a two bit town. The fans will then start to get on his case and boo him out of town.

But T.O. will have another "episode" and it will be in front of a gaggle of national media and he will blame everything on the team, the town, and the fans ......... mark my words.

When willis left and gave a few "swipes" at Buffalo nobody in the media heard or cared ..... when T.O. starts, the national media will be having a field day.

Exactly. Without TO - the Bills suck and they start re-rebuilding in 2010.

If TO becomes a 'cancer'- the Bills suck and they start re-rebuilding in 2010.

If TO works out - The Bills make the play-offs and learn how to win.