Strictly from a X's and O's standpoint

A big strong possession receiver who requires double coverage allowing Lee Evans to do what he does best......beat guys deep......

Add a quality TE and make sure Trent Edwards has protection and you got it......

This will also REALLY open things up for the running game......

We need to make sure we get the defensive pieces in the draft

A big strong possession receiver who requires double coverage allowing Lee Evans to do what he does best......beat guys deep......

Add a quality TE and make sure Trent Edwards has protection and you got it......

....and since you brought up the running game, it's time to get something done for Fred Jackson, contract wise.

Adding TO will add 3 to 4 wins alone, IMO. I predict Owens will get so many yards/game that he will ask to come out of games for a blow. We just doubled our passing attack firepower.

Adding TO will add 3 to 4 wins alone, IMO. I predict Owens will get so many yards/game that he will ask to come out of games for a blow. We just doubled our passing attack firepower.

I didnt realize the cheerleaders did that..man now I really want to be a NFL player :bag:

Let's face it, TO is a head case; but he only becomes a head case in year 2 and 3 in his respective contracts..First year in Philly he was great and then disintegrated, same thing in Dallas. If this was was 3-4 year deal with the Bills forking out $35m -$40m I would have have cancelled my season tix... but a 1-year deal at a relatively cheap $6.5m for a guy who is "just" past his prime but still decent I think it is good invrestment...but then again, ask me after week 5 after his dropped 8 balls...sigh...

Ol Ralph and Russ Brandon know that they needed to shake things up some way.

You know John as soon as Jauron pulls some bone-headed play or mismanages the game away that T.O. is going to lose his mind.

Oh well, at least our Bills will be entertaining

Dude...the Bills just went from having a bottom tier receiving duo to having a top 3 receiving duo...I was completely shocked when I heard it, but it does make a lot of sense in a few ways:

1) Owens usually is not a troublemaker in his first year anywhere. That side of him does not rear its ugly head until years 2, 3 or beyond. The first year with Owens is usually pretty good, and he usually is very productive.

2) Owens plays best when he has something to prove...his first year after Rice left in SF, first year in Philly and first year with the Cowboys, and 2nd year with the Cowboys when he wanted to prove Parcells was the problem there with him were all monster years.

3) Yes Owens will be 36 next year, but sign me up all day for a 2nd WR that can catch 60-70 passes, prevent teams from doubling Evans, and force teams to respect our offensive weapons. If we can add a big-time TE into this offense, we might go from one of the worst offenses in the NFL to one of the best in 1 season.

4) At the very least, it provides an immediate huge upgrade over Reed as a 2nd WR, and gives us a huge advantage when we go 3 wide on 3rd down because Reed is an exceptional possession receiver that converts 1st downs like noone's business, and will beat almost all nickel CB's in coverage in the NFL from the slot.

5) This is a very smart move on the Bills part for multiple reasons---it will basically guarantee all the games are sold out this year, Owens has something to prove and will be playing very hard to show his doubters and naysayers he is still a top flight receiver, Owens is not a problem in his first year with a new team, and the Bills only signed him for a year so they are not locked into a long-term situation where he can become a problem for them....

smart move by the Bills on a lot of fronts, and I cannot believe they actually did something this bold for a change....

Could you imagine if we add a pass-catching threat at TE in the draft? We saw what Witten could do when teams were double teaming TO...

As long as he doesn't think Edwards and the new TE are plotting against him....

on paper lee evans and t-o are a very dynamic duo... i hope it works!!

And Josh Reed back in the slot.

After Dallas let TO go, I thought about what it would be like if New England signed him to pair with Moss outside and Welker in the slot. This may not rival that but could still be potent.

As long as he doesn't think Edwards and the new TE are plotting against him....

That "conspiracy theory" from TO was hilariously crazy.

Reminded me of when Michael Peca claimed there was a conspiracy in the NHL from letting him play hockey. That or...you know Michael...you suck all of a sudden.

Thank god, I've been bored to tears for years.

so true, they will have to make room in the dressing room for T.O. to do his post game conferences.

Its funny the way the reporters act like he is being sent to Siberia for punishment.

It's like Owens could either take the Buffalo offer or pack for the CFL or NFL Europe

Exactly John...

It's funny because My 2 Best Friends in Life are HUGE Cowboys Fans...And I talked to them both the Morning the News came out about TO's release from the Cowboys...Of coarse both of them felt it was a necessary move for the Boys...I joked with them both (and believe Me I WAS joking!!! :thumbsup: ) that TO would be a picture perfect fit for the Bills On-the-Field needs...Of coarse I followed that up with a good chuckle...But now here we are...And if We get the good TO on the Field this is absolutely HUGE for the Bills Offense...It's just HUGE...Lets not forget that when properly motivated TO is one of the better Run Blocking WR's in the NFL as well...And with all due respect to TO's former Teammates in Philly and Dallas, I'm not sure He's been on the Field with a WR the calibre of Lee Evans since He arrived at San Fran as a Rookie...

This should be SO interesting...I don't know what is going to happen...But I was SO down on this Team before today...I was convinced they would go no better than 7-9 in 09...Now I have hope again...And the fact that TO has given Me that hope scares the hell out of Me... :P

This goes a long way to curb the number of blitzes TE should see. With Owens on the team now he has a second great option to use and teams may be worried about giving up too many yards of they blitz too often.

I didnt realize the cheerleaders did that..man now I really want to be a NFL player :thumbsup:

:P

This sort of move has a huge domino effect throughout the team and division.

TO obviously gives Evans more breathing room, but Reed as a true slot receiver should excel in 3 receiver sets. I imagine Schonert will use more of these in the offense.

One thing that fans can't forget is that NE, NYJ, and MIA aren't strong in the secondary. They've all been putting resources into their secondaries, and this sort of move can expose weaknesses real fast.

This sort of move has a huge domino effect throughout the team and division.

TO obviously gives Evans more breathing room, but Reed as a true slot receiver should excel in 3 receiver sets. I imagine Schonert will use more of these in the offense.

One thing that fans can't forget is that NE, NYJ, and MIA aren't strong in the secondary. They've all been putting resources into their secondaries, and this sort of move can expose weaknesses real fast.

For as exciting as Fred Jackson is running the ball, his receiver skills rival the best we've seen 'round here at RB since TT.

Call me greedy, but I hope the Bills now make a trade w/ Houston for Daniels at tight end. LOOK OUT!