Torn....With Renewing

sds7973

Well,

March 9th renew deadline is coming for season tickets. I have a seat and a guy I work with has the other. On Monday I came into his office to tell him I am already to renew he on the other hand has some doubts and it made me think.

The season ticket is $540 dollars.

9 games 7 regular and 2 crappy preseason games.

That is 60 dollars a game or almost 80 if you take the preseason games out of it.

Now I know this is dirt cheap for NFL season tickets but I feel I am paying for dirt. The next thing that crossed are mind is this awful schedule.

The 4 AFC East games (In my opinion all losses) I think I may look forward to a Miami December game but that is it.

Bucs?

Saints?

Colts, like to see Peyton, haven't seen him since Rob Johnson was the QB, but that most likely be a loss.

Games I will go to:

Home Opener (No Matter the Oponent)

Texans

Browns

Maybe, Miami in December.

So 4 games max, even if I be 2 tickets in the upper deck I am looking at $480 dollars.

Lynch issues, Jauron still here, and these wonderful free agent signings I feel like I am renewing a lease on a '86 Chyrsler Aries K!

Any other season ticketholders in the same boat?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've renewed, but am not happy either with the team's direction lately and just told the guy at OBD I was talking to in the ticket office that. No way they're anywhere near 54,000 this year. The bright side is I that I suspect that after 3 years of getting shut out on my request for better seats is that I might actually get them this year.

Well,

March 9th renew deadline is coming for season tickets. I have a seat and a guy I work with has the other. On Monday I came into his office to tell him I am already to renew he on the other hand has some doubts and it made me think.

That is 60 dollars a game or almost 80 if you take the preseason games out of it.

Now I know this is dirt cheap for NFL season tickets but I feel I am paying for dirt. The next thing that crossed are mind is this awful schedule.

The 4 AFC East games (In my opinion all losses) I think I may look forward to a Miami December game but that is it.

Bucs?

Saints?

Colts, like to see Peyton, haven't seen him since Rob Johnson was the QB, but that most likely be a loss.

Games I will go to:

Texans

Browns

So 4 games max, even if I be 2 tickets in the upper deck I am looking at $480 dollars.

Lynch issues, Jauron still here, and these wonderful free agent signings I feel like I am renewing a lease on a '86 Chyrsler Aries K!

When I gave up my seasons after the 1996 season, when both Jimbo and Kent Hull retired together, I never imagined how little I would miss from that day on! I feel bad for you and all the season ticket holders. :wallbash:

I have not renewed yet but will either today or tomorrow. I heard if you renew by March 6th you get a free parking pass for one of the games. Do not quote me on that though, I just heard threw a friend. I have not read any of the mail the bills have sent me in the offseason so far. I basically just rip it up. I am really not interested in reading Russ brandon writing a letter stating how hard it is to win in the NFL & how committed they are to bringing a winner to Buffalo. A guy from the bills called me the other day to remind me I was past due on my account. I told him the bills are a disgrace to the National Football league & the city of buffalo & I hung up on him.

I will say this though, in the Bills defense, there really is not that many good free agents out there this year. I am starting to see it more & more the key to winning in the NFL is thru the draft. The draft is still the bloodlines for any good team. Hopefully the bills will have a good draft this year & the young players will get better as they get more experience.

If we went 0-6 in the division last year, and everyteam is as good or betetr than last year compared to us... it doesnt bode well for us. You will probably be able to scalp tix at half face value after the 1st 4-5 games. I';m dropping most of mine

Now to be up-front, I know I have no room to talk because I stopped renewing mine back in 1997 when I enlisted ans went away, and I never moved back to the area, so I am NOT a season ticket holder.

But I think we should all realize that the Bills won't be the Bills a whole lot longer if those who are capable of buying season tickets stop doing so.

I have to fly to the games anyways, so not a huge deal for me...However, If you continually put a crappy product on the field for the last decade the end result is lack of support. They show no effort to change the direction in which the franchise is going. We have a 0% chance of winning the division. If we couldn't do it with brady breaking his leg in game 1, we wont do it with a healthy brady. In Fact we put up a goose egg in the division for the 1st time in I don't know how many years. I will not be at all surprised with an 3-13 record next year. 8-8 would be overachieving with our current roster and coaching staff. 2-4 in the division is a reach.

I renewed last week. I really had to think twice about it, but then I realized how much fan I have at the tailgate and even at the games, so I chose to renew. Plus I know that I need to do my part to support the team, so they don't move.

Well,

Bucs?

Saints?

Games I will go to:

Texans

Browns

There was another guy on the board who said he donates his tickets to the Big Brothers and Big Sisters programs in Buffalo. If you did that, atleast you would be doing something great with your investment and saving yourself from the anger that would be felt by attending those games.

Well,

Bucs?

Saints?

Games I will go to:

Texans

Browns

you do know that march 9 is nothing but an artificial 'deadline', yes? about the only thing you'll miss out on is the 'Celebrating 50 Years of Mediocrity' lithograph and the draft party invitation. trust me, they will hound you right until the first home preseason game to renew.

That's really the incentive they are offering?

:rolleyes:

I don't know. That is what I heard. Not much of an incentive, I know.

You think Rhode island has a chance to get an at large. I think if they could beat Umass saturday(which they should) then get to the semifinals & beat Dayton I think they have a solid chance. With all other bubble teams playing themselves right out of the tourney(kentucky, miami, v tech, florida etc...) even without a real signature win I think that maybe enough.

I say don't renew... you deserve a better product and the only signal we can send the Bills is a fan boycott.

I don't think that will have any effect on a local ownership sale, but it just may get Ralph's attention.

I've renewed, but am not happy either with the team's direction lately and just told the guy at OBD I was talking to in the ticket office that. No way they're anywhere near 54,000 this year. The bright side is I that I suspect that after 3 years of getting shut out on my request for better seats is that I might actually get them this year.

I HAVE TO renew because I have a licence agreement for the club seat. But I must say that is the ONLY reason why I am paying money to this organizatioin this year. This is the last year of my agreement and I do not see renewing next year. In fact, unless they do something special soon this will be the first year that I do not buy a jersey or other Bills gear in about 10 years.