4 year $23 Million Dollars

completely agree. The original poster either 1.) does not watch bills games or 2.) is unaware of good CB play.

Greer is a TREMENDOUS CB. The guy is undersize and battles with great, big wideouts consistently. The Saints got a terrific CB. He is a 1 or 2 on most teams, despite his size. He has great ball hawking instincts no Bills CB since Clements has really had. I like McGee but he doesnt have the same knack for the ball.

I'm glad you posted this, and this thread re-surfaced again today.

It looks like I (now we) took a lot of heat for saying that Greer is a "shut down" corner. I think that that is a perfectly true statement. People can quibble that shut-down corner means Deon or Champ Bailey--fine. But the point is that Greer is on WR's like a glove, and, like you said, has unreal ball hawking instincts.

Plus, you've got to love guys like Greer--undersized, undrafted, perseverant, finally hits it big with some $$.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greer missed 6 games last year. Can anyone do analysis of the pass defense pre- and post-Greer to see how much the Bills missed this "shut down" CB? And I'd take Youboty over Greer, with the way he was playing before he got hurt. But injury-proneness is unfortunately a perpetual concern for him.

It looks like I (now we) took a lot of heat for saying that Greer is a "shut down" corner. I think that that is a perfectly true statement. People can quibble that shut-down corner means Deon or Champ Bailey--fine. But the point is that Greer is on WR's like a glove, and, like you said, has unreal ball hawking instincts.

Plus, you've got to love guys like Greer--undersized, undrafted, perseverant, finally hits it big with some $$.

Unreal ball-hawking instincts? He has four career interceptions in 70 games. Granted, maybe less than half of them are as a starter. But even the games he played as a non-starter as a nickel back, he was in on passing downs only. And I like Jabari Greer. He just didn't do much hawking at all.

wouldnt a guy with "unreal ball hawking instincts" have more then 4 career interceptions?

Greer is a nice player but he is not a shutdown corner and was overpaid by a desperate team

That's a good price for a very good CB. He's better than Clements, Samuel or Hall, or any number of wildly overpaid DBs.

Shut down corner. One of the biggest cliches in football. What is it? Has there been one since "I don't get paid to tackle" Sanders?

Champ Bailey----he's still active, right? What ever happened to "Shut Down Corner Champ Bailey"? Still "shuttin' 'em down" in Denver?

I think that's a bit outrageous for a corner back, who's under sized and gets blown away from bigger Wide Outs, well it will be interesting to see him, go up one on one on Lee Evans and get smoked, When the aints come up to One Bills Drive, in the 09 season. Oh yeah he's gotta go up against Randy Moss also, again that should be interesting.

Good for him..... And you are a meat stick

Unreal ball-hawking instincts? He has four career interceptions in 70 games. Granted, maybe less than half of them are as a starter. But even the games he played as a non-starter as a nickel back, he was in on passing downs only. And I like Jabari Greer. He just didn't do much hawking at all.

Stats schamts. :(

He always struck me as being around the ball. I know this isn't a great stat, but the dude must be the all-time NFL leader in pre-season picks. In any event, let's see what he does this year--16 games, full-time starter.

I understand the reason we let him walk--but based on what I've seen from the opportunities he's had, I believe he has outstanding ball skills.

Apparently you've never seen him play.

He's a shut-down cornerback, playmaker, and deserves every penny.

I'd also be willing to bet Lee Evans isn't going to "smoke" him, since Greer is probably faster than Evans.

Dude ,stay sober or don't post. Shut down corner? Faster than Evans? :rolleyes:

I think that's a bit outrageous for a corner back, who's under sized and gets blown away from bigger Wide Outs, well it will be interesting to see him, go up one on one on Lee Evans and get smoked, When the aints come up to One Bills Drive, in the 09 season. Oh yeah he's gotta go up against Randy Moss also, again that should be interesting.

we shoulda kept him

I think his money level speaks for itself. In the FA market he got himself a $5.75mil/year deal......which translates to solid/good starter at the position.....not elite.....not simply serviceable.

He was at the beginning of the year (by a longshot), but McCorner came along and I think he played very well late in the year. He got by in College on natural ability and is just beginning to learn the techniques that will make him successful in the NFL. I have high hopes for the kid.

WHAT??? McGee is Mc Toast. They picked on his azz all season,with suckcess. Yeah I watched every game. :rolleyes:

Evans is going to do what. "smoke" him for 2 catches and 25 yards?

I'm not even sure Greer would start on the Bills in 2009. It would be a ferocious battle between all three guys. But if I HAD to chose, and all three guys were healthy, I think that the Bills would probably start McGee and McLovin' with Greer as the nickel back. And I like Greer a lot and don't think that the other two are clearly better.

I just think that McGee is probably still our overall best CB and Leodis is such a gamechanger/playmaker and potentially great that he needs to be on the field and would be.

It would probably be a interesting poll to see if Bills fans think that the starting combo would be McGee-McKelvin, McGee-Greer, or Greer-McKelvin.