So the general TSW feeling is no matter what we do

Sign Coles, don't sign Coles. Leonhard sucks, I can't believe the Jets signed Leonhard and we didn't. Extend Peters, or don't. Jauron needs to go, he deserves another year. Trent is our savior, Trent is just as bad as JP. Sign a backup QB, oh no - we signed Fitzpatrick. Bills better get moving and sign some FAs, I can't believe the bums we're signing.

I am baffled - the overall tone of TSW these days seems to be, no matter what the Bills front office does, basically we are destined to still suck.

True or False?

True. And that's maybe because the overall record of the Bills has been 7-9-0 for three consecutive years now. If they had gone 13-3-0, 13-3-0 and 11-5-0, like the did from 1990-1992, the overall tone would be the Bills are destined to continue to be a great team and hopefully win a Super Bowl soon.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bull sh--

the franchise has earned every single negative feeling because it has a heluva alot more losing seaosns then winning seasons, and has missed th eplayoffs for 10 consecutive years.

pay attention... we're sick and tired of how hte franchise is being run

Case in point... Jauron has no business being the HC of the Bills in 2009 but guess what

TRUE!

Couldn't agree more...

The late 80's early 90's we're an uptick in a never-ending bear market. Look at the history before and after. Those years were the exception not the rule! We had a great GM and he was run out of town because of the $guy in RW"s ear!

THIS FRANCHISE WILL SUCK FOR ANOTHER 2-4 YEARS at least till the next uptick!(AKA stroke of luck) :rolleyes:

Sign Coles, don't sign Coles. Leonhard sucks, I can't believe the Jets signed Leonhard and we didn't. Extend Peters, or don't. Jauron needs to go, he deserves another year. Trent is our savior, Trent is just as bad as JP. Sign a backup QB, oh no - we signed Fitzpatrick. Bills better get moving and sign some FAs, I can't believe the bums we're signing.

I am baffled - the overall tone of TSW these days seems to be, no matter what the Bills front office does, basically we are destined to still suck.

True or False?

Take a look at the Bills history with these clowns in charge, and you tell me if we are destined to suck?

And I understand that, except that everyone seems to agree on one thing - no matter what we do, we will still suck, no?

No. That seems illogical.

If you're taking one side of an argument, it follows that you believe that course of action is beneficial, in other words, it won't suck.

Seems like all you're really pointing out is that people on here disagree, which is obvious and inevitable. But what they're disagreeing on is how to not suck.

the franchise has earned every single negative feeling because it has a heluva alot more losing seaosns then winning seasons, and has missed th eplayoffs for 10 consecutive years.

pay attention... we're sick and tired of how hte franchise is being run

Case in point... Jauron has no business being the HC of the Bills in 2009 but guess what

It's laughable that fans come to this board to vent about the status of the team, and are called out for complaining. Apparently the following isn't bad enough:

1. A 90 year old owner with no plans to provide for succession after he's gone.

2. Hiring an 80 year who worked as a GM for 2 years with poor results.

3. First hiring a reject from Chicago as HC and then retaining him after his last 10 games resulted in a 2-8 record.

4. Selling games to Toronto for an average of 9M+ per game which we're told won't go for better players.

5. Now not having a legitimate NFL GM to handle personnel.

6. Missing the playoffs 9 straight seasons, the last of which occurred in a year when Tom Brady was done for the season.

7. Finishing winless in the division for the first time in more than 30 years in 08.

8. Seeing 13 of 14 free agents from 06-07 be cut by the beginning of the 09.

9. Free Agency 09 which so far has resulted in backups on other teams asked to start or be the top backup for ours.

10. Most likely going to go with much the same group of players that could not win 10 games with the second easiest schedule in the NFL.

11. Knowing full well that the schedule will be much tougher in 09.

When people want to be optimistic, those are the items I think of. Perhaps more exist. Optimism for Bills fans is removing yourself from reality and going into the land of make believe. As in making believe the Bills are contenders for the post-season.

True or False?

yup, that all sounds about right

True or False?

No matter what the FO does, until the team proves ON THE FIELD that they can turn things around, I will continue to think they suck. After last season's mess, I will not allow myself to get hyped up in the off-season. And with this coaching staff we have (with the exception of April) they could find a way to lose coaching the Patriots.

True. And that's maybe because the overall record of the Bills has been 7-9-0 for three consecutive years now. If they had gone 13-3-0, 13-3-0 and 11-5-0, like the did from 1990-1992, the overall tone would be the Bills are destined to continue to be a great team and hopefully win a Super Bowl soon.

Fair enough. The Bills went 2-14 in both '84 & '85. When Marv came along, he was 2-5 in his first season (the combined record in '86 under Bullough/Levy was 4-12). Then 7-8 in '87. Finally, after a miserable drought, 12-4 and the playoffs in '88.

What happened from '88 to '99 - particularly from '90 to '93 - is truly remarkable.

'What's past is prologue'...

GO BILLLSSS!!!!!

True or False?

Avoid overpaying when possible- especially for another team's free agents. QB's can take up to five years to develop. Never trust a guy named Adam :rolleyes:

True or False?

What does anyone expect? The Bills resigned their hapless 3 x 7 & 9 coach, haven't made any serious attempts (yet) to improve at TE or WR to kick start the offense and the murderous 2009 schedule may as well have put together by Osama bin Laden. 90 year old Ralph Wilson is on borrowed time and his family will have to sell the Bills because of taxes, so everyone is on pins and needles about losing the team, outright.

I'll dust off my rose colored glasses if I missed the optimistic parts.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

That said, I have been (from the very beginning), am, and will always be a fan of the Bills, as long as they are the Buffalo Bills. But that doesn't mean I get all goopy eyed and see diamonds when I'm looking at lumps of coal. I doubt the Detroit fans were very optimistic at the start of the 2008 season, either.

True or False?

TRUE. This organization is becoming/has become a joke in the NFL. Ralphie wants more talent, yet with the FA sigings to date, we've improved in 1 area, depth. Ever signing has been of 2nd or 3rd tier players that will have ZERO impact on the level of talent in the product that is put on the field. I for one, am sick of this organization failing to uphold their responsibilities; 1.) to put the best possible product on the field, 2.) ensure the best possible return for thei shareholders (satisfy their fans), & 3.) MAKE THE F#@!%&$ PLAYOFFS!!

TRUE. This organization is becoming/has become a joke in the NFL. Ralphie wants more talent, yet with the FA sigings to date, we've improved in 1 area, depth. Ever signing has been of 2nd or 3rd tier players that will have ZERO impact on the level of talent in the product that is put on the field. I for one, am sick of this organization failing to uphold their responsibilities; 1.) to put the best possible product on the field, 2.) ensure the best possible return for thei shareholders (satisfy their fans), & 3.) MAKE THE F#@!%&$ PLAYOFFS!!

Anyone remember the movie "Major League?" Loading up a team with a bunch of "who are these f#$%&*@ guys?" in hopes they will tank so the owner can sell the team for a premium, which everyone else in the real world would consider a steal...Where's our sh_t-burger?

True or False?

Sad because it's true - for me at least. I'm sorry, but since Jauron's announced extension I've seen little to nothing to get excited about. I've tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but I lost all confidence in his decision making process this season culminating with the complete farce that was the final NE* game.

So, I say, does anyone here really think that if we signed Haynesworth, he wouldn't be dropping back into coverage 4-5 times per game? Does anyone really think that any linemen signed is going to suddenly mean we don't keep 2 noncatching TEs on the field at all times along with a FB that does next to nothing. Does anyone really think that we're going to sign a WR and suddenly find the page in the playbook that has a slant pass on it?

I'll certainly still watch the team. Heck I'm here now following the off season. But, do I expect any sort of success? Do I expect any improvement? Do I even hope for it? No. I'm just watching because I'm a Bills fan and that's what I do. I'll still cheer every week for them. I just won't' get so upset when they lose.

Fair enough. The Bills went 2-14 in both '84 & '85. When Marv came along, he was 2-5 in his first season (the combined record in '86 under Bullough/Levy was 4-12). Then 7-8 in '87. Finally, after a miserable drought, 12-4 and the playoffs in '88.

What happened from '88 to '99 - particularly from '90 to '93 - is truly remarkable.

'What's past is prologue'...

GO BILLLSSS!!!!!

But you're missing the key ingredient there. After 2 and half bad years, they made a change. How would the prologue look if they'd have stayed the course that 3rd year.... and decided a 4th year was worth a try before bringing in Marv?